Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kostya Tszyu

I believe that Tszyu is the best boxer to ever come out of Australia.

Assuming that he does not attempt a comeback, how do you rank/remember him?

Personally I see him as being incredibly under appreciated for the amazing talent he was.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kostya Tszyu

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FacePuncher View Post
    I believe that Tszyu is the best boxer to ever come out of Australia.

Assuming that he does not attempt a comeback, how do you rank/remember him?

Personally I see him as being incredibly under appreciated for the amazing talent he was.
    Not sure he 'came out of Australia'
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

An argument can be made for Fenech too. I think the rest of the world appreciates him, sadly its probably here in Australia where he is most underappreciated.

If he could have got a fight with one of the big names (DLH, Mosley, Floyd) around 2000-2003 and won or even done well it would be easier to judge just how good he was. I believe on his day he was a match for any fighter at 140, but he never had that career defining fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha and look at the forum bullies ganging up on the new guy...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    If he could have got a fight with one of the big names (DLH, Mosley, Floyd) around 2000-2003 and won or even done well it would be easier to judge just how good he was. I believe on his day he was a match for any fighter at 140, but he never had that career defining fight.

He did... he fought Hatton.... and lost

Na seriously tho, I rated him highly, and still do, as ya say eagle real shame he didnt get it on with Floyd. The only top American he got in there with was Judah, and look what happended to him
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post

Na seriously tho, I rated him highly, and still do, as ya say eagle real shame he didnt get it on with Floyd. The only top American he got in there with was Judah, and look what happended to him
    Dont get me started on the Dave Parris.... sorry i mean Hatton fight..... He did a lot better against slick fighters than he did pressure men. He chased the money in the Hatton fight and it effectively ended his career cos he got beat badly.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont get me started on the Dave Parris.... sorry i mean Hatton fight..... He did a lot better against slick fighters than he did pressure men. He chased the money in the Hatton fight and it effectively ended his career cos he got beat badly.

Actually I should take back what I said cos he battered an on form Sharmba Mitchell before the Hatton fight.
    I remember at the time, talk was of Ricky fighting Mitchell and KT got to him first.
    I really feared for Ricks health leading upto the fight, I thought once KT landed that straight shot flush on Ricks chin he would be out, but to his credit he took them, same could not be said of Mitchell and Zab tho
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually I should take back what I said cos he battered an on form Sharmba Mitchell before the Hatton fight.
    I remember at the time, talk was of Ricky fighting Mitchell and KT got to him first.
    I really feared for Ricks health leading upto the fight, I thought once KT landed that straight shot flush on Ricks chin he would be out, but to his credit he took them, same could not be said of Mitchell and Zab tho
    Ricky's rushing and holding didnt really allow KT to set himself and throw. Was a good gameplan helped by a lenient ref. Don't know if Tszyu got him flush in the fight. Cant believe it was 6 years ago!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky's rushing and holding didnt really allow KT to set himself and throw. Was a good gameplan helped by a lenient ref. Don't know if Tszyu got him flush in the fight. Cant believe it was 6 years ago!
    From what I remember he caught him a couple of times, Rick said himself he caught by a few when moving in, just think it was the adrenaline and the moment that kept him going more than anything else.
    6yrs... shit.... still remember clear as day the whole weekend in manchester, the walk to the MEN, and all the Tszyu Crew outside the Arena chanting and singing, good bunch of fans, even after the fight when drinking in the pub's they were all good natured !

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For a long while I thought Tszyu came out of Korea. He looked like one of those Koreans that ran one of those liquor stores in L.A.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kostya was a beast with his right hand and had incredible timing. He had a brilliant amateur pedigree and his demolition of Gonzales, who was a very good fighter was brilliant to watch. He destroyed a prime Judah, like no other fighter has ever done. He was also gracious in his defeat against Hatton and gave a good speech at the end.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The best fighters to come out of Australia in at least some sense have been Bob Fitzsimmons and Young Griffo.

The thing about Kostya is almost his whole career starting with Laporte was at a high level.

Good fighter, great champion.

When I think of the HOF? I think Kostya is the marginal guy if induction is to mean anything. By that I mean you shouild have to be more accomplished than Kostya to get in. Less accomplished? You don't.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    The best fighters to come out of Australia in at least some sense have been Bob Fitzsimmons and Young Griffo.

The thing about Kostya is almost his whole career starting with Laporte was at a high level.

When I think of the HOF? I think Kostya is the marginal guy if induction is to mean anything. By that I mean you shouild have to be more accomplished than Kostya to get in. Less accomplished? You don't.
    Barry McGuigan is in, so the bar is already set pretty low.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post

Barry McGuigan is in, so the bar is already set pretty low.
    One mistake shouldn't be used to justify another

Sorry guys, you gotta get OUT! Barry, Ingo, Norris, Papp (I feel bad about that one). Mitchell, Canizales, Graham and I'm leaving someone off the list I think.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Thread Information