Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua v Klitschko edges closer - December 2016

A proper chin or be chinned heavyweight fight, this could be a Foreman Lyle affair.

Joshua wont fuck about and in doing so will give Wlad the kind of target he just didnt see against Fury.

If Joshua chins him and chins him in good style, Wlad will definitely be shot.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My only concern for AJ is that he has never gone the distance and Wlad will definitely being trying to do that against the youngster.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be rooting for an AJ win by KO. I just think we need a proper changing of the guard, sort to speak. I thought Fury might fill that role, but the title fight stunk, and Fury has imploded. The division needs excitement injected back into it. Wilder and AJ are the future of the division, if they can continue to clean up their rough edges. I hope it's an exciting fight, and that Wlad puts forth a clean, crowd-pleasing effort. I realize that's like wishing for world peace, but what the hell.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The MEN arena have just dropped a MASSIVE hint on their twitter page that this fight will be held their

Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko: Has Manchester Arena confirmed it’s hosting fight? | Daily Mail Online

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Fury v Wlad was one of the worst HW title fights since Tyson v Boneclutcher , so why has the public taken to Joshua v Wlad and showed no interest in Fury v Wlad 2 ?
    Simple really people like fighter with KO power in the HW division , watching a lumbering light punching fighter fiddle his way to a win , with the punch output of an asthmatic grandmother in a yawn fest isn't exciting.
    Wlad is at the end of his career and needs to prove he isn't shot ( I personally think he is ) , Joshua if he tucks in his chin should win by KO.
    Fury v Klitschko 2 was about as anticipated as Mayweather v Pacquiao 2 for the same reason. It's a foregone conclusion. Klitschko and Pacquiao were bviously going to lose to the superior fighters again.

Whereas they could both still do well against the lesser fighters of the division.
    Only thing is that it wasn't really a foregone conclusion was it, Klit had a much better chance second time round than Manny did.
    There were things Klit could have changed in the second fight whereas I don't think Manny could have done a fat lot to change the outcome.
    What was Klitschko going to change? Throwing more punches which everyone accepts would get him hurt like he did a few times late in the first fight when he tried to open up. A Tyson win was a foregone conclusion.

Dont forget this was Tysons biggest test. He is still young and getting better and the experience he got here would have raised his skill level further.

Mayweather was at the end of a long career and will not be getting any better and neither will have Pacqiuao.

Looking at opinion here I'm right that most people will think Wladimir has more of a chance against Joshua than he does against Fury.
    Lets not spoil the thread with endless Fury promotions, for the time being he is irrelevant, lets talk about Klitschko and AJ.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way Wlad has reacted to getting hit over the years doesn't bode well for him in this fight. If he's not totally shitting it from the start, he soon will be once a few bombs whistle past his bonce.

On the other hand, the jump in class from Martin/Breazeale is still massive even though it's possible Wlad was shot against Fury. There'll be a million smug "I told ya so" if AJ comes unstuck.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the reason im predicting a fairly early win for AJ by KO.
    Just read that this will be the richest Heavyweight fight ever on UK soil and that a rematch clause is in the deal.

"The £30m showdown is to be formally announced this week, and will include a rematch clause, with Joshua's International Boxing Federation crown, the lesser International Boxing Organisation title, and potentially the World Boxing Association belt... the growing spoils for a contest in which the protagonists will share an estimated £15m purse," says Davies.

The MEN arena pretty much announced it will happen there earlier too

http://www.theweek.co.uk/77659/joshua-vs-klitschko-how-many-belts-will-be-up-for-grabs?
    Last edited by Master; 10-18-2016 at 04:56 AM.

El Kabong Guest

Anthony Joshua looks amazing right now, but this is a gigantic jump in class and let's not forget these two have sparred together before so they have a little knowledge of each other.

How is AJ's chin, how is his stamina, how does he handle adversity in the ring....he hasn't had to answer these things as a professional yet and that could bode very well for him or that could be very bad for him.

As far as Wlad is concerned he's been training assuming there is a fight that is going to happen, I just hope he hasn't burnt himself out doing that. He's older sure, but he hasn't just gone to shit and lost any and all skill. Wlad will more than likely have a better fight than he did vs Fury simply because it'll be difficult for him to have a worse fight than that one.

Can a 100% AJ beat a Wlad who is at 70% or 50%? We don't know. We can guess, but we don't know....this fight can be Old fighter schools youngster, it could be Youngster out hustles and out muscles old lion, or it could be they are evenly matched.

I think Wlad comes back with a late stoppage of AJ who fights valiantly but is just out skilled because Wlad will have a plan A, B, C, and he'll be very cagey about things. Wlad is used to the spotlight being on him, AJ I think that spotlight can melt him, he'll be very tense early on, it'll sap his stamina, and Wlad will chop him down....if AJ blitzes Wlad early he had better land and follow up quickly or he's going to be in trouble. Right now I'm saying 70% chance Wlad wins 30% AJ stops him.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Anthony Joshua looks amazing right now, but this is a gigantic jump in class and let's not forget these two have sparred together before so they have a little knowledge of each other.

How is AJ's chin, how is his stamina, how does he handle adversity in the ring....he hasn't had to answer these things as a professional yet and that could bode very well for him or that could be very bad for him.

As far as Wlad is concerned he's been training assuming there is a fight that is going to happen, I just hope he hasn't burnt himself out doing that. He's older sure, but he hasn't just gone to shit and lost any and all skill. Wlad will more than likely have a better fight than he did vs Fury simply because it'll be difficult for him to have a worse fight than that one.

Can a 100% AJ beat a Wlad who is at 70% or 50%? We don't know. We can guess, but we don't know....this fight can be Old fighter schools youngster, it could be Youngster out hustles and out muscles old lion, or it could be they are evenly matched.

I think Wlad comes back with a late stoppage of AJ who fights valiantly but is just out skilled because Wlad will have a plan A, B, C, and he'll be very cagey about things. Wlad is used to the spotlight being on him, AJ I think that spotlight can melt him, he'll be very tense early on, it'll sap his stamina, and Wlad will chop him down....if AJ blitzes Wlad early he had better land and follow up quickly or he's going to be in trouble. Right now I'm saying 70% chance Wlad wins 30% AJ stops him.

All valid points but how is Wlad gonna cope with a ref who won't let him hold, a ring that isn't like a childs bouncy castle, correct/legal gloves/wraps and a hostile/drunk/aggressive completely pro Joshua crowd.

And Stormzy chattin shit on the mic

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So there's no chance AJ pulls a Haye?

1. Talks a lot of shit.
    2. Fight time: retreats into a timid shell
    3. Post-shit...er... fight: Blames big toe
    4. Joins Wlad's long list of sheep led to slaughter

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Fury v Wlad was one of the worst HW title fights since Tyson v Boneclutcher , so why has the public taken to Joshua v Wlad and showed no interest in Fury v Wlad 2 ?
    Simple really people like fighter with KO power in the HW division , watching a lumbering light punching fighter fiddle his way to a win , with the punch output of an asthmatic grandmother in a yawn fest isn't exciting.
    Wlad is at the end of his career and needs to prove he isn't shot ( I personally think he is ) , Joshua if he tucks in his chin should win by KO.
    Fury v Klitschko 2 was about as anticipated as Mayweather v Pacquiao 2 for the same reason. It's a foregone conclusion. Klitschko and Pacquiao were bviously going to lose to the superior fighters again.

Whereas they could both still do well against the lesser fighters of the division.
    Only thing is that it wasn't really a foregone conclusion was it, Klit had a much better chance second time round than Manny did.
    There were things Klit could have changed in the second fight whereas I don't think Manny could have done a fat lot to change the outcome.
    What was Klitschko going to change? Throwing more punches which everyone accepts would get him hurt like he did a few times late in the first fight when he tried to open up. A Tyson win was a foregone conclusion.

Dont forget this was Tysons biggest test. He is still young and getting better and the experience he got here would have raised his skill level further.

Mayweather was at the end of a long career and will not be getting any better and neither will have Pacqiuao.

Looking at opinion here I'm right that most people will think Wladimir has more of a chance against Joshua than he does against Fury.
    Lets not spoil the thread with endless Fury promotions, for the time being he is irrelevant, lets talk about Klitschko and AJ.
    To be fair there is no need to mention fury as he has no boxing licence due to drugs and health.
    He is also retired , so lets move on.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    All valid points but how is Wlad gonna cope with a ref who won't let him hold, a ring that isn't like a childs bouncy castle, correct/legal gloves/wraps and a hostile/drunk/aggressive completely pro Joshua crowd.

When has Wlad used a ring like the one you mentioned? I just double checked on a few recent fights and the ring looks very solid in the: Jennings, Pulev, Leapai, Povetkin, and Pianetta fights. Where is this bouncy castle ring you speak of? Yeah I read that Fury's team was concerned about the ring for their fight, but where's Wlad using it? The Fury's said that that kind of ring led to Odlanier Solis' knee giving out in the fight vs Vitali....watch the fight, show me bouncy.

Correct wraps? Again show me precedent for such an accusation.

I believe all that coke has done your brain in smashup

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

When has Wlad used a ring like the one you mentioned? I just double checked on a few recent fights and the ring looks very solid in the: Jennings, Pulev, Leapai, Povetkin, and Pianetta fights. Where is this bouncy castle ring you speak of? Yeah I read that Fury's team was concerned about the ring for their fight, but where's Wlad using it? The Fury's said that that kind of ring led to Odlanier Solis' knee giving out in the fight vs Vitali....watch the fight, show me bouncy.

Correct wraps? Again show me precedent for such an accusation.

I believe all that coke has done your brain in smashup

Not at all @Lyle i had ALOT of fun Here's the image that the entire Boxing world already knows about and another image of the bouncy extra foam being removed after team Fury demanded it , and please do explain exactly how you can tell what the ring canvas consisted of in any of Wlads fights in Germany bearing in mind you were not present so didn't inspect the canvas used yourself like the Furys did and also bearing in mind you 100% don't have X Ray vision?

Article Here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/34954253

"Lastly, there was further uproar in the Fury camp just before the pair were due to ringwalk when Klitschko took the bizarre decision to wrap his hands without a representative from the opposite team present. Fury's father John threatened to call the fight off before Klitschko cut off his wraps and started again."
    Tyson Fury brands Wladimir Klitschko's camp 'cheats' | Boxing News | Sky Sports

So like i said how many times before do we think Wlad has gotten away with this blatant cheating in past fights in Germany?

He looked EXTREMELY lost for words when pulled up on it at a press conference which is easily available via youtube

Not really cheating but heres your boyfriend in his platform shoes that made him 6ft 9 inches tall

There can be no argument over these absolute facts Lyle but my question remains.... How many times did Wlad get away with these cheating tactics prior to being exposed by team Fury who had the bollocks to rumble him?
    Last edited by smashup; 10-18-2016 at 02:58 AM.

El Kabong Guest

Yes there is padding over the plywood ring that's pretty standard else there would be no issues in say holding a boxing match on the asphalt parking lot....but hey, the Fury's are gypsies so perhaps they're not as used to it as other fighters.

" and please do explain exactly how you can tell what the ring canvas consisted of in any of Wlads fights in Germany bearing in mind you were not present so didn't inspect the canvas used yourself like the Furys did and also bearing in mind you 100% don't have X Ray vision?"

Pretty simple really, you look at the boxer's feet and the canvas. If the canvas was soft there would be an indention when the fighter steps down. I looked at the feet of the fighters in all those fights....no depression, no sinking, no nothing, it's just a regular canvas like any other.

Also is Wlad lighter than air? Is Wlad somehow not affected by the condition of the ring?

Wlad holds the titles for a decade and you can't wrap your mind around it, "He must be cheating".....it's amusing and sad all at the same time. There there smashup, there there

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes there is padding over the plywood ring that's pretty standard else there would be no issues in say holding a boxing match on the asphalt parking lot....but hey, the Fury's are gypsies so perhaps they're not as used to it as other fighters.

" and please do explain exactly how you can tell what the ring canvas consisted of in any of Wlads fights in Germany bearing in mind you were not present so didn't inspect the canvas used yourself like the Furys did and also bearing in mind you 100% don't have X Ray vision?"

Pretty simple really, you look at the boxer's feet and the canvas. If the canvas was soft there would be an indention when the fighter steps down. I looked at the feet of the fighters in all those fights....no depression, no sinking, no nothing, it's just a regular canvas like any other.

Also is Wlad lighter than air? Is Wlad somehow not affected by the condition of the ring?

Wlad holds the titles for a decade and you can't wrap your mind around it, "He must be cheating".....it's amusing and sad all at the same time. There there smashup, there there

The bit i highlighted in red just made me laugh to the point of crying @Lyle nearly as much as you managing to watch the "Feet" of all those fighters on youtube clips in barely 10 minutes of my post
    Have you actually ever been ringside at a Pro fight?
    Last edited by smashup; 10-18-2016 at 03:10 AM.

Thread Information