Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default A Tale of Two Loud, Hi-profile, British fighters challenging Wlad

David Haye and Tyson Fury.

Hard to decide which one has talked more prior to.

Haye was pretty good at creating the pre-fight hype..... so is Tyson.

Haye if anything was more threatening and less comical.
    Tyson has thrown in some comedy and improv, as seen by his latest antics at the press conference.

It's all good press for the heavyweight division, and a welcome break from the monotonous, anonymous opponents who quietly slink into the ring without much fanfare... praying for a quick end.

We all know what happened to Haye. All that boisterous talk for nothing. Another boring fight, with Haye scared to engage and Wlad scared to make him pay for all his insults. In the end, Haye blamed his big toe... we all laughed... and many people cursed having been stupid enough to buy the PPV. Another in a long line of timid sheep being led to slaughter.

So what about Tyson?

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO hoping that this time it's finally different. That finally someone tests Wlad for real. That Fury hits Wlad hard enough to make Wlad worry..... maybe even knock him down. A fight that makes us be like "DAMN!!!!! FOTY candidate!!" Yeah I know... wishful thinking. Chances are Fury will either forget everything he has promised and decide to survive for 12 rounds.... or he gets careless and Wlad (thanking his lucky stars) knocks him cold. If Fury decides to survive... I'm afraid Wlad isn't going to come in and may him pay either. That's isn't Wlad's style. Which is why next to Floyd's retirement, Wlad's eventual retirement should also pump some of the excitement that has deflated out of boxing.

So basically, I'm rooting for Tyson for the good of boxing, but I'm not holding my breath, either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A Tale of Two Loud, Hi-profile, British fighters challenging Wlad

When you focus on what happens in the ring, Haye hasn't delivered and Fury will be such a simple short tale that it won't be worth talking about it

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope you're wrong about Fury, although history would indicate otherwise.
    Problem is we're running out of time to witness a true epic fight, or upset, involving Wlad before Wlad decides to ride off into the sunset.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Fury delivers or puts up a good performance at the least.

Fury is a real heavyweight but Haye was blown up so you can not compare. Fury would batter Valuev to win the title and have beaten Ruiz and Audley too.

Wlad is a brilliant champion who has not shown any signs of weakness other than holding on when hurt.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Other than "Wlad is a brilliant champion" I agree with everything you said.

Haye IS a blown-up HW, but you wouldn't know it judging by his mouth. He's got the mouth of a super HW. Fury, on the other hand, IS a real HW so I'm expecting more from him. If, after all this talking, it's another rerun of Wlad's lousy defenses... I'm through with HW until Wlad retires. I can't take any more of these false hopes.

BTW, the reason I disagree about Wlad is, regardless of how likable he might be, or how great his record is... I just honestly dislike most of his fights. It's always a battle of who's more scared to get hit.... Wlad or his opponent. Fortunately for Wlad, it's up to the challenger to come forward and take the crown from him. If they choose not to, Wlad's not one to press the issue. Tough fighter to watch, really.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he reason I disagree about Wlad is, regardless of how likable he might be, or how great his record is... I just honestly dislike most of his fights. It's always a battle of who's more scared to get hit.... Wlad or his opponent. Fortunately for Wlad, it's up to the challenger to come forward and take the crown from him. If they choose not to, Wlad's not one to press the issue. Tough fighter to watch, really.

Tito that describes why I hate watching Floyd.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LMAO!! Just substitute the names, right? Ok, you can quote me.

Thread Information