Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Daniel Jacobs vs. Sergio Mora

WBA middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs (31-1, 28 KOs) will be defending his title against Sergio “The Latin Snake” Mora (28-4-2, 9 KOs) in a rematch in less than two weeks on Friday, September 9 at the Santander Arena in Reading, Pa. The Jacobs-Mora II rematch hasn’t caught the attention of boxing fans because it’s not a fight that is in demand at all, period.

The management for Mora and Jacobs obviously saw it as an important enough fight to have it televised on Premier Boxing Champions on Spike. As far as rematches go, I think it would have been far better for Jacobs to have fought Peter Quillin again if he wanted a rematch. I’d rather see the two of them fight each other again rather than another mismatch between Jacobs and the 35-year-old Mora.

This should be another easy fight for Jacobs, who stopped Mora in the 2nd round last year in August. The fight ended after Mora broke an ankle after getting dropped.

“This is business for me, but it is also more personal than any fight I have ever had,” said Jacobs. “Sergio had been using the antics online to get this rematch, and he has gotten under my skin.”

It is on spike TV over here as a repeat.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Daniel Jacobs vs. Sergio Mora

I know i'm the minority here but I hope Mora pulls off the miracle upset by KO instead of getting blitzed like Quillin. I've already had my fill of Jacobs. First he claims the rematch is beneath him, but turns down a match with the man in his division and says he needs a year and half to fight GGG and now is playing the race card as a reason he's not a superstar... Lost so much respect for this guy.

Daniel Jacobs Frustrated He Isn’t a Bigger Star, Doesn’t Know Why - Boxing News
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

El Kabong Guest

Oh thank God....knock out Sergio Mora please!!!! Sergio is such a douchebag.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    I know i'm the minority here but I hope Mora pulls off the miracle upset by KO instead of getting blitzed like Quillin. I've already had my fill of Jacobs. First he claims the rematch is beneath him, but turns down a match with the man in his division and says he needs a year and half to fight GGG and now is playing the race card as a reason he's not a superstar... Lost so much respect for this guy.

Jacobs is right on everything he has said. Hope he batters Mora who is lucky to get this shot.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's gonna be fireworks regardless. Mora has no shot at winning unless Jacobs carelessly gets caught by a wild shot. He's still living off his win over Vernon Forrest. Jacobs will finish this scrub by the 6th round.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh I can't stand Mora but the jokes on the division with him even getting a second shot. In fairness he had Jacobs down hard off a perfect left hook and has the style to exploit his defensive lapses. Real treat may be co feature with Robert Easter vs Richard Commey! Huge Commey another out Ghana with glaring numbers but a little stiff. Good card to kick off massive weekend!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post

Jacobs is right on everything he has said. Hope he batters Mora who is lucky to get this shot.
    The simple fact that Mora drew him in and countered him perfect for that knockdown, justifies a rematch for me if Jacobs isn't willing to step up and fight golovkin, or canelo, or any other person of name.

Also if Jacobs truly believes he would not be a superstar or at least on his way after beating or taking GGG the distance, because hes African American... I can't agree... This isn't hockey...

I give him credit for not resorting to a floyd type circus persona, but really ?!?!?! the whole boxing game is against a black fighter? just one? (crawford, spence, porter, thurman (half), brook (half), wilder have legions of fans against him... but everyones picking on Jacobs? If he said the worlds against him because hes not putting on a stupid act/ playing the game it would be more believable. Is it just possible that he's not that good and his mouth is faster than his hands. His studio performances do nothing for his Ring Rep... unfortunately neither does his Victory over the big C (though he deserves the utmost credit for it)... and he got flattened once... His only standout victories were Quillin (who was also called mediocre) and mora (disputed because of the injury)... But hes frustrated to know why he's not a superstar after turning down the opportunity to face Golovkin and shock the world. He's not even fighting that often.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Oh thank God....knock out Sergio Mora please!!!! Sergio is such a douchebag.
    He is and kissed SRL's ass like no other.

Still, he is very very tough and a skilled boxer. I respect the guy, but not his nickname lol

That said, Jacobs is on a roll and should stop him again. Legit stoppage this time I think.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easter is going to knock this man out.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Easter in September? Lol

See what I did there?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Easter in September? Lol

See what I did there?
    Surprised Commey is finding Easters chin this often. Both slipping all over that canvas.

Oh wait..Broners buddy? WAR COMMEY

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easter in September? Lol

See what I did there?
    Surprised Commey is finding Easters chin this often. Both slipping all over that canvas.

Guilt by association with scum huh?

Doesn't air for me until 9 pm for some reason with xfinity.

Least I have that voice control on the remote. That's handy.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easter in September? Lol

See what I did there?

Guilt by association with scum huh?

Doesn't air for me until 9 pm for some reason with xfinity.

Least I have that voice control on the remote. That's handy.
    Voice control? Easter egg! Man when Easter fights his range he shows nice tools. Both showing some beard so far.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

huge right bends Easter badly! Everything he could do to stay up. Barely. Commey pouring it on last round. Fun scrap

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fantastic fight right there. Great give and take, both hurt but massive brass! good stuff

Thread Information