Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is Provonikov too mcuh of a risk for Pacquiao at this stage?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Provonikov too mcuh of a risk for Pacquiao at this stage?

Is Ruslan too much of a puncher that Top Rank won't risk putting Manny in with him? No doubt in my mind Ruslan will catch Manny. The question is when he does, will Pacquiao be able to handle the shot? I'm not so sure. Provo inside the distance isn't a bad bet.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Provonikov too mcuh of a risk for Pacquiao at this stage?

Pac would win but he would have to absorb a lot of shots in the process so its a risk he doesnt need to take..

Fighting prov is like taking a step back.. he has absolutely nothing to gain except for more mileage on his body..

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Provod is probably my favorite current fighter, but Pacquiao has made his name beating plodders like that.

They've sparred a lot, and I think that would benefit the boxer moreso than the puncher.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prov would be perfect for Pac Man after he fights JMM or if he can not get Marquez.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac would beat prov easy.

Bradley beat prov and was easily winning when boxing..bradley chose to fight and still won that superb close fight.

The only issue which could work in prov favor is that he was pac sparring partner and might know a few weaknesses that pac might or not have.

Pac uses his footwork and quick hands to win but Ive noticed he doesnt fight a full round like he used too..

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Business wise, and as far as legacy and health are concerened , this fight makes no sense for Pacquiao..

He took a tuneup against Rios ( It was a tuneup ), and he's now conquered Bradley.. From here on out, Pac needs fights that'll add to his legacy ( even though his legacy has been sealed awhile back imo )..

Provobum belong in the ring with the likes of Danny Garcia, Lucas, Thurman and those guys.. Promotion issues aside.

How about avenging his loss too Herrera? lol He can't even beat an ESPN fighter, he sure as hell dont deserve to face Pacman.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I give Provo the literal punchers chance against any one at 140-147 and he is one of the few guys today that you might have to run over with a truck to make him have Evan a slight self doubt. He will burn fast but he is must see tv while we have him. Don't see a Manny fight likely with maybe the exception of Alvarado upsetting Mannys next payroll in Marquez. Depends on circumstances and "if" but Provo seems more lucrative than the second fresh of a beating from his sparring partner guy in a row to top your arch nemesis not sure that made sense at all. Yes I give him a live chance at hurting Manny but might be too much familiarity or mutual admiration and turn into a silent agreement type fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fan friendly fight but if I was Manny I wouldnt want to risk it with the amount gas in the tank left.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd much prefer Provodnikov-Matthysse.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
    I'd much prefer Provodnikov-Matthysse.
    Proper matchup.. Id pick Lucas to beat Prov's ass.. like tear his ass up

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Provodnikov-Matthysse on the undercard of a Floyd fight would get HUGE numbers.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
    Provodnikov-Matthysse on the undercard of a Floyd fight would get HUGE numbers.
    Prov is a top rank fighter.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree. Pacquiao looked a bit more tentative and he didn't look like he took a punch well. Marquez avoided Provo if we're honest and decided to fight the guy who Provo stopped instead, and there's a reason for that. Provonikov will have a puncher's chance but I think the current level Pacquiao is fighting at means that puncher's chance might be a decent chance. Also, everyone says if Bradley had chosen to box he could have boxed Provo's ears off, but no one gives credit to Provo for putting Bradley in the position to bang with him. I like the Provo-Pac fight personally.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Pac would win but he would have to absorb a lot of shots in the process so its a risk he doesnt need to take..

Fighting prov is like taking a step back.. he has absolutely nothing to gain except for more mileage on his body..
    Too much of a risk but saying Pac would win is also dismissing the fact that Pac has not fought anyone with true welterweight power since the JMM destruction. So I think it is 50 / 50 . Pac feasted of come foward fighters during his suspicious PED period. He has not KO'd anyone this decade and with recent Bradley fight is only making fighters fear him less. Bradley clocked him once so hard had it been anyone else that fight would have been over. I guess Pac's next fight big name little danger cherry picked opponent will be Amir Khan or Jesse Vargas. No Garcia, No Maidana no Mathysse. I personally would love to see Pac make Broner bitch out in greater fashion than vs Maidana.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I disagree. Pacquiao looked a bit more tentative and he didn't look like he took a punch well. Marquez avoided Provo if we're honest and decided to fight the guy who Provo stopped instead, and there's a reason for that. Provonikov will have a puncher's chance but I think the current level Pacquiao is fighting at means that puncher's chance might be a decent chance. Also, everyone says if Bradley had chosen to box he could have boxed Provo's ears off, but no one gives credit to Provo for putting Bradley in the position to bang with him. I like the Provo-Pac fight personally.
    This has to be one of the biggest teeth grinders for me in boxing. Fighters are not in there alone. Tides turn, cause & effect and game plans change for many reasons...one being you are concussed on 6 different occasions and you must survive on instinct and grit. The best laid plans often go...you know the rest.

Thread Information