Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saddoboxing's Super Six series from history. First up are the Jnr Welterweights

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Saddoboxing's Super Six series from history. First up are the Jnr Welterweights

Thought this might be a good idea and if it takes off, I will do the same for various other weight divisions

This is the ultimate, dream line up that I personally would like to see at140

Floyd Mayweather Jnr
    Manny Pacquiao
    Kostya Tszyu
    Aaron Pryor
    Pernell Whitaker
    Julio Cesar Chavez

So lets see if we can pick a Saddoboxing winner for this Super Six series. Let's discuss Round 1 first and then go from there

Round 1

Pernell Whitaker v Manny Pacquiao

Julio Cesar Chavez v Aaron Pryor

Floyd Mayweather Jnr v Kostya Tszyu
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddoboxing's Super Six series from history. First up are the Jnr Welterweights

Pac wins a SD (75% of people are screaming P was robbed)

Julio Cesar Chavez v Aaron Pryor (FOTY)

Chavez wins a SD (45% of people are screaming Pryor was robbed)

Floyd wins by TKO 11
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddoboxing's Super Six series from history. First up are the Jnr Welterweights

Nice one 'Facster'

Anybody else? Or is the wankest idea ever?
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Thought this might be a good idea and if it takes off, I will do the same for various other weight divisions

Floyd Mayweather Jnr
    Manny Pacquiao
    Kostya Tszyu
    Aaron Pryor
    Pernell Whitaker
    Julio Cesar Chavez

So lets see if we can pick a Saddoboxing winner for this Super Six series. Let's discuss Round 1 first and then go from there

Round 1

I will go for the slick boxers in RD1

Whitaker
    Pryor
    Mayweather.

NEXT!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

Floyd Mayweather Jnr
    Manny Pacquiao
    Kostya Tszyu
    Aaron Pryor
    Pernell Whitaker
    Julio Cesar Chavez

Round 1

I will go for the slick boxers in RD1

Whitaker
    Pryor
    Mayweather.

NEXT!
    I'm going

Whitaker

Chavez

Mayweather

ICB Guest

Pernell Whitaker
    Julio Cesar Chavez
    Floyd Mayweather Jr

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Pernell Whitaker
    Julio Cesar Chavez
    Floyd Mayweather Jr
    Good choices

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Floyd wins by TKO 11
    I don't think the first two fights would be that close, Pernell Whitaker would make Manny Pacquiao look terrible with his defensive skills. And being able to punch in angles even better than Manny Pacquiao, i see a 8-4 win for Pernell Whitaker. The only thing that would trouble Pernell Whitaker would be the speed obviously, but ODLH in his prime punched very fast with combinations. And Pernell Whitaker past his prime, didn't get hit with one left hook or any combinations from ODLH all night.

As for the JCC vs Aaron Pryor fight, i think Aaron Pryor is a bit overrated. And personally i think JCC's excellent body attack, along with his accuracy and much better punching technique. Would be disaster for Aaron Pryor, and i see JCC actually stopping Aaron Pryor late on.
    Last edited by ICB; 11-25-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whitaker by wide UD

he'd dip, lean away, and block shots all night and counter with crisp combos all night, meanwhile keeping a steady stream of right hand jabs in Pacquiao's face all night

Chavez by UD or 10th round TKO

Chavez would force his way onto the inside and put constant pressure on Pryor on the inside basically nullifying his right hand, if Pyror didn't go crazy trying to trade i think he'd go the distance but lose a decision, if he tried to trade later on in the fight the body shots would have slowed him down a bit and he'd get chin checked and dropped

Mayweather UD or late TKO

basically a replay of Mayweather/Marquez, only Tszyu being less mobile, Floyd landing pot-shots all night to get a landslide UD or Tszyu quitting late in the fight

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd wins by TKO 11
    I don't think the first two fights would be that close, Pernell Whitaker would make Manny Pacquiao look terrible with his defensive skills. And being able to punch in angles even better than Manny Pacquiao, i see a 8-4 win for Pernell Whitaker. The only thing that would trouble Pernell Whitaker would be the speed obviously, but ODLH in his prime punched very fast with combinations. And Pernell Whitaker past his prime, didn't get hit with one left hook or any combinations from ODLH all night.

As for the JCC vs Aaron Pryor fight, i think Aaron Pryor is a bit overrated. And personally i think JCC's excellent body attack, along with his accuracy and much better punching technique. Would be disaster for Aaron Pryor, and i see JCC actually stopping Aaron Pryor late on.
    I didn't think the second Pac-Marquez fight was that close (about 8-4 M) but Pac still got a SD. And P is the daddy of being on the losing end of iffy decisions - hence SD Pac. Fact.

My Pryor has the black bottle though.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

ICB Guest

Floyd wins by TKO 11

I didn't think the second Pac-Marquez fight was that close (about 8-4 M) but Pac still got a SD. And P is the daddy of being on the losing end of iffy decisions - hence SD Pac. Fact.

LOL point taken.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd wins by TKO 11

lmao , bet he'd get a close UD if Resto put on his gloves then lol

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Whitaker by wide UD

he'd dip, lean away, and block shots all night and counter with crisp combos all night, meanwhile keeping a steady stream of right hand jabs in Pacquiao's face all night

Chavez by UD or 10th round TKO

Chavez would force his way onto the inside and put constant pressure on Pryor on the inside basically nullifying his right hand, if Pyror didn't go crazy trying to trade i think he'd go the distance but lose a decision, if he tried to trade later on in the fight the body shots would have slowed him down a bit and he'd get chin checked and dropped

Mayweather UD or late TKO

basically a replay of Mayweather/Marquez, only Tszyu being less mobile, Floyd landing pot-shots all night to get a landslide UD or Tszyu quitting late in the fight
    Pryor had great hand and foot speed. JCC would look like a plodding donkey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

great idea H.....

Sweet pea-Pacquiao - pac wins by TKO in 10
    Chavez-Pryor - Chavez wins by KO in 12
    Floyd-Tszyu - Floyd wins on points

Pacquiao 3
    Chavez 3
    Mayweather 2
    Whittaker 0
    Pryor 0
    Tszyu 0
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice one mate, I'll tally up round 1 tomorrow and then we'll move on

Thread Information