Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ATTENTION PREDICTION JUNKIES!

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Not that I care a toss about the fight, never heard of neither of them but it was in the prediction contest this week.
    I am using Bilbo's quote as an example. I am not upset by his comment and I'm not trying to embarrass or anger him. (I've seen the things that "ring" can do and if I know our Bilbo like I think I do it's safe to assume that he never dropped it into the volcano like movie depicts.)

Anyway, I feel the need to explain myself because I understand the importance of this job and I respect the players for making their opinions count towards something.

It can be embarrassing to make a bold choice and have it be wrong. Being forced to choose between to unknowns is often intimidating. I understand that completely. Still, predicting is a skill and like all skills it needs to be delveloped. It's easy to asses a situation when the outcome in 90% certain, yet that is part of boxing on a regular basis. There is another part of boxing however where a conclusion is harder to forsee--the battle of unknown warriors. In cases such as these you must gather and sort information without ever seeing the fighters in action. This form of predicting is actually the truest test you can be given.

So, if pass up on Maccarinelli Vs. Wayne "recently dropped two in a row" Bathwater it's because I think the outcome is less challenging to predict then another. My goal is to keep things fair and balanced so that all players have a chance to prevail. Also, it is hard to pick the fights and play the game. I try hard not to pick fights that suit me personally because I think I know the exact outcome.

Friends, everything I said here is debateable. I only wrote this so everyone could see where I am coming from when something like Bennet versus Gymsocks shows up in the contest.

As far as Green Vs. Griffen is concerned... I was wrong to include a Wednesday fight when there were still a few worthy Saturday fights at my disposal. This will not happen again, competitors. I promise.

Humbly yours,
    Paul "Sonny" BoxingGorilla

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ATTENTION PREDICTION JUNKIES!

CC although I don't think there was any need for you to explain yourself. You have been a prime contender and now run the contest,your passion is visible unquestionable and I'm sure you always make the right decisions in whichever fights you choose. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we trust that you'll do a great job running the competition so relax and have a cc on me brother. Keep up the good work and pick the fights you think would be best for the competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude,the obscure fights make it interesting

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Silverback,
    Your doing great, I've told you before.

*For the record I think we ALL would have picked Katsidis TKO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Silverback,

I was thinking of you during the fight, brother. Holy SHIT!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Silverback,

I was thinking of you during the fight, brother. Holy SHIT!
    Thats what fighting is about man....
    And the fwocken nerve of some people.
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...c,51014.0.html

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey BG, I agree with you buddy it's more fun to have a variety of pick's, some of which we can virtually select in an instance and others we need to go and research.

I didn't mean to disrespect you or the game with my comment (although I'm still narked by that bullshat call on the Skelton fight, I mean only 4 points for a joker UD pick, I was fucking robbed by both the judge and you on that one :P)

But that aside I think the contest is great fun and the obscure fights that make us run off to boxrec add value to the competition.

In the interests of fairness however I feel that we shouldn't involve too many obscure fighters from the extreme lower weight classes, especially those of Asian and Mexican descent as El Gamo has a clear and decisive advantage over the rest of us considering watching tiny third world men slug it out is his biggest turn on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't mean to disrespect you or the game with my comment (although I'm still narked by that bullshat call on the Skelton fight, I mean only 4 points for a joker UD pick, I was F****** robbed by both the judge and you on that one) Bilbo

You did neither of those things. I just grabbed your comment because it was in context and readily available.

I just wanted to express what I was feeling. I really felt bad about some folks missing out on the Green/Griffen bout.

I will bring up the point issue after this season ends.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Silverback,

I was thinking of you during the fight, brother. Holy S***!
    Thats what fighting is about man....
    And the fwocken nerve of some people.
    http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_fo...c,51014.0.html
    Well as one of the naysayers I guess that was part aimed at me. I don't question his heart or will to win and he certainly wanted it more than the other guy. You have to love his attitude. But I just don't rate him as a boxer and that was what I was talking about.

I do understand how you feel though. Amir Khan had to overcome similar adversity last weekend and I thought he came back brilliantly in possibly the best British fight of the year and all people could do was moan and bitch about him having a weak chin.

The thing is, the way I see it, we all have armchairs and that gives the right to pontificate and make judgements on all of these guys. :P

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't mean to disrespect you or the game with my comment (although I'm still narked by that bullshat call on the Skelton fight, I mean only 4 points for a joker UD pick, I was F****** robbed by both the judge and you on that one) Bilbo

You did neither of those things. I just grabbed your comment because it was in context and readily available.

I just wanted to express what I was feeling. I really felt bad about some folks missing out on the Green/Griffen bout.

I will bring up the point issue after this season ends.
    No problem , actually I like the midweek pick, a week is a long time to wait imo and I already want to know the results of next weeks picks. :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"In the interests of fairness however I feel that we shouldn't involve too many obscure fighters from the extreme lower weight classes, especially those of Asian and Mexican descent as El Gamo has a clear and decisive advantage over the rest of us considering watching tiny third world men slug it out is his biggest turn on. Wink"

Hey,I'm not the only one,VD,Mick and KillerShee p all join me in that category

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    "In the interests of fairness however I feel that we shouldn't involve too many obscure fighters from the extreme lower weight classes, especially those of Asian and Mexican descent as El Gamo has a clear and decisive advantage over the rest of us considering watching tiny third world men slug it out is his biggest turn on. Wink"

Hey,I'm not the only one,VD,Mick and KillerShee p all join me in that category
    But only you make a little mess in your pants afterwards

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Not that I care a toss about the fight, never heard of neither of them but it was in the prediction contest this week.
    I am using Bilbo's quote as an example. I am not upset by his comment and I'm not trying to embarrass or anger him. (I've seen the things that "ring" can do and if I know our Bilbo like I think I do it's safe to assume that he never dropped it into the volcano like movie depicts.)

Anyway, I feel the need to explain myself because I understand the importance of this job and I respect the players for making their opinions count towards something.

It can be embarrassing to make a bold choice and have it be wrong. Being forced to choose between to unknowns is often intimidating. I understand that completely. Still, predicting is a skill and like all skills it needs to be delveloped. It's easy to asses a situation when the outcome in 90% certain, yet that is part of boxing on a regular basis. There is another part of boxing however where a conclusion is harder to forsee--the battle of unknown warriors. In cases such as these you must gather and sort information without ever seeing the fighters in action. This form of predicting is actually the truest test you can be given.

So, if pass up on Maccarinelli Vs. Wayne "recently dropped two in a row" Bathwater it's because I think the outcome is less challenging to predict then another. My goal is to keep things fair and balanced so that all players have a chance to prevail. Also, it is hard to pick the fights and play the game. I try hard not to pick fights that suit me personally because I think I know the exact outcome.

Friends, everything I said here is debateable. I only wrote this so everyone could see where I am coming from when something like Bennet versus Gymsocks shows up in the contest.

As far as Green Vs. Griffen is concerned... I was wrong to include a Wednesday fight when there were still a few worthy Saturday fights at my disposal. This will not happen again, competitors. I promise.

Humbly yours,
    Paul "Sonny" BoxingGorilla
    Whatever. Just don't let that shit happen again

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just to throw a spanner in the works I quite like throwing the odd gimme in there, one that springs to mind is the Haye Gurov fight last time, absolute cast iron guarantee that someone is getting carried out the ring just a question of when, opens up the correct round pick for those brave enough to go for it.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The great man Britkid once chose an obscure African title fight that after i did a little investigation found out it was taking place in a PUB in front of around 50 people. True. Hope that makes you feel better.

As it goes, Enzo-Braithwaite was harder to predcit that Hopkins-Winky. I didn't come across anyone that thought the Enzo fight wasn't ending with a KO.. whereas the old boys fight was a million-1 on guaranteed to go the distance. Could of spun a coin.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information