Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Training 2RM for Bench Press etc..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Training 2RM for Bench Press etc..

I just train 2 times per week due to limited time. Single(divorced) father. My training consists of 4 sets of 1-2 RM(heavy) bench press, 3 sets of 5 rep (light weight) sumo deadlifts. Will this yield any gains for strength and power?
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Training 2RM for Bench Press etc..

Only twice a week? Seems too low.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If thats all you're doing, it might help a bit with strength, neither of those exercises have anything to do with power though. Really you shouldnt have to ask, are you getting stronger? Theres your answer. Get a pull up bar at home or some shit and do calisthenics with more frequency, nobody is to busy for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    If thats all you're doing, it might help a bit with strength, neither of those exercises have anything to do with power though. Really you shouldnt have to ask, are you getting stronger? Theres your answer. Get a pull up bar at home or some shit and do calisthenics with more frequency, nobody is to busy for that.
    I do alternate pronated grip narrow grip pull ups for those days that i am sore from deadlifts. I do my training at home in a studio apartment with my rusty bench press in my patio. I do have a iron gym pull up bar. The reason i asked is i used to do more volume work around 8 to 10 reps 5 sets with the same ex's but end up being sore and feel weaker. When i dropped my rep range i got stronger and less sore but currently hit a plateau on strength gains. I have limited equipment too, i dont have squat rack or dumbells.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I work as a PT assistant in a Skilled Nursing long days with a lot of lifting, usually too fatigued to even do anything after work. My routine goes around,Take my daughter to school in the morning (during summer to daycare) after work pick her up at her moms place at night(30 min drive to and from) on the 2 nights i dont have her i do errands etc..sundays its her gymnastics. I usually train for longer on saturdays and at least one weekday night with the same routine. Might add another training in sundays but what exercises?
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    I work as a PT assistant in a Skilled Nursing long days with a lot of lifting, usually too fatigued to even do anything after work. My routine goes around,Take my daughter to school in the morning (during summer to daycare) after work pick her up at her moms place at night(30 min drive to and from) on the 2 nights i dont have her i do errands etc..sundays its her gymnastics. I usually train for longer on saturdays and at least one weekday night with the same routine. Might add another training in sundays but what exercises?
    I do cardio exercise which is short but intense this is sprinting on a bike 35 minutes (15 sec sprint 45 sec rest x 35 times) and do cross trainer run (12khm in 38 minutes). I do this 4 times per week after work so then have enough time with the kids. Keeps me healthy, can eat what I want and helps my knees stay active which are worn out after years of football.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    I do cardio exercise which is short but intense this is sprinting on a bike 35 minutes (15 sec sprint 45 sec rest x 35 times) and do cross trainer run (12khm in 38 minutes). I do this 4 times per week after work so then have enough time with the kids. Keeps me healthy, can eat what I want and helps my knees stay active which are worn out after years of football.
    Cardio, i forgot about that. WILL DO!
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Thread Information