Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is the earth flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    @Alpha

1. Did you come to the conclusion that the earth was flat after watching lots of Youtube videos? or did videos play no part in convincing you?

2. Have you had any other awakenings ? I mean by that are there any other things you believe are huge false coverups. What many would call conspiracy theories. I ask because this seems to be the case with you views on the Holocaust. 9/11? Sandy Hook? Fluoride in the water etc?

3. Has discovering the earth is flat given your life some added value and meaning? I mean by that is it freeing do you feel less suppressed and more empowered in your life?

4. Do you then believe that you are more aware than virtually every scientist on earth ? Have you conducted more experiments than them?

5. Did Hitler go to Antartica and see the edge of the earth?

6. What is the motivation behind ever scientist, explorer, etc repeating the lie that the earth is a globe and inventing the science, producing the fake images and inventing products that prove it?

7. What proof led you to believe the ideology that would motivate these globe pushers has gone on for centuries ? Did you discover that it is a religious or some kind of international cult?

8. Could you provide some simple experiments you have undertaken to prove the earth is flat which we can reproduce at home please?
    @Beanz

1. It was brought to my attention in 2009 in conversation. Where I originally thought it was crazy and didn’t think much about it past that day. Then again in December 2015, just before New Years it was brought up again in conversations over several days. Come January 2016 I had put aside the belief that I live on a spinning ball in a vacuum. Most of it was reading, then testing what I had researched. As for YouTube, once I started watching back then, guys like Dubay, Boylan, Bales and of course Sargent were producing content that added to my research. No, the videos did not convince me. Science (and I’ll define that for you, natural science) did. Things like the trivium, the quadrivium, the Socratic method, Euclid, I had already done a load of physics papers.

2. I know there are plenty of huge false cover ups. Once the veil drops about the globe, you soon realize how much you assumed you knew. Like Yoda says, “You must unlearn, what you have learned.

3. Lots of added value and meaning. I feel more empowered as an individual.

4. Appeal to authority fallacy.

5. Strawman. Can you tell me about this edge you are talking about?

6. I can’t speak for the motivations of others, I have many speculations, but I’m sure you can research that info and discern for yourself. 50 million or so a day for NASA is a good starting place. The why is irrelevant to me as it’s nothing quantifiable, measurable or demonstrable for the shape of the earth.

7. Basically, the same as 6.

8. I’m not trying to prove the earth is flat. I am questioning the claims of the globe using natural and applied science. I’m sure you can find many yourself, but just start with water, make some predictions and test it. Then move onto pressure. Then motion and applied pressure. Then some geometry. Basically, just put every aspect and claim of the globe through the scientific method.

Hope that helps. Now just one question from me for now:

Are you able to provide a practical demonstration for the affirmative claim of a standing body of water naturally conforming to the exterior of a shape?
    Thank you for taking the time out to answer.

First let me address your question.

Short Answer - No

Real Answer - No because it is an incredibly dishonest and stupid question that would require the invention of several new realities to even begin to address it.

Expanded Answer -

I will start by admitting i don't really know what you mean by an affirmative claim. That sounds like an insurance term, but if you are referring to Philosophy and the burden of proof, then I am not going to get into a game of onus tennis. For the majority of people it would surely be commonly agreed that you are the one making an extraordinary claim but putting that to one side let us look again at your question.

This claim you keep positing is not a claim made by ANYONE... EVER in the threads or discussions here concerning your theory of a flat earth. This is perhaps the clearest indication of how your belief is only able to be maintained with huge amounts of constant intellectual dishonesty on your part. Much like the idea put forward by you, that only evidence seen with your own eyes is admissible in building a cogent model of history and science. An idea you completely rejected when using fake photographs to try and lend your holocaust denial theories some..i was going to say gravitas.. but let's say weight instead.

Nobody claimed that the oceans ( standing bodies of water) conformed to the exterior of a shape or the globe. Quite the opposite. They fill basins and containers. The question you should be asking is why does the water not fly into space? The majority of people on earth accept the best possible explanation for this we have arrived at as humans and call it Gravity. You have already made it clear you do not believe in gravity and so will need to explain to us why birds do not shoot off into space, why the sun doesn't fall on us, why water flows even? Do you believe water flows ?

Another problem with your pseudo question is the assumption that you can model the earth to scale, complete with all the forces of physics that act upon it. The biggest problem though, and the Elephant in the Room, is the ludicrous idea that we should be able to stand outside of the planet we are on, flat or spherical and conduct this experiment independent of the forces of this planet. The biggest problem though is that you will never believe any practical demonstration anyway unless you witness it first hand.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Objective speaking , no malicce or sarcasm intention, you have clearly and plainfully invalidated all of Alpha's rediculous assumptions, most of notably that "why does water even flows at all?' and "....mean by an affirmative claim. That sounds like an insurance term." Most notabley was also " An idea you completely rejected when using fake photographs to try and lend your holocaust denial theories ". I didnt know about that's thing so he denied a holocaust? By using fake pipcture after HE said to "that only evidence seen with your own eyes is admissible". I am contented now that Beanz has made into catastrophy those "pseudo-question" of Alpha.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Alpha

1. Did you come to the conclusion that the earth was flat after watching lots of Youtube videos? or did videos play no part in convincing you?

2. Have you had any other awakenings ? I mean by that are there any other things you believe are huge false coverups. What many would call conspiracy theories. I ask because this seems to be the case with you views on the Holocaust. 9/11? Sandy Hook? Fluoride in the water etc?

3. Has discovering the earth is flat given your life some added value and meaning? I mean by that is it freeing do you feel less suppressed and more empowered in your life?

4. Do you then believe that you are more aware than virtually every scientist on earth ? Have you conducted more experiments than them?

5. Did Hitler go to Antartica and see the edge of the earth?

6. What is the motivation behind ever scientist, explorer, etc repeating the lie that the earth is a globe and inventing the science, producing the fake images and inventing products that prove it?

7. What proof led you to believe the ideology that would motivate these globe pushers has gone on for centuries ? Did you discover that it is a religious or some kind of international cult?

8. Could you provide some simple experiments you have undertaken to prove the earth is flat which we can reproduce at home please?
    @Beanz

1. It was brought to my attention in 2009 in conversation. Where I originally thought it was crazy and didn’t think much about it past that day. Then again in December 2015, just before New Years it was brought up again in conversations over several days. Come January 2016 I had put aside the belief that I live on a spinning ball in a vacuum. Most of it was reading, then testing what I had researched. As for YouTube, once I started watching back then, guys like Dubay, Boylan, Bales and of course Sargent were producing content that added to my research. No, the videos did not convince me. Science (and I’ll define that for you, natural science) did. Things like the trivium, the quadrivium, the Socratic method, Euclid, I had already done a load of physics papers.

2. I know there are plenty of huge false cover ups. Once the veil drops about the globe, you soon realize how much you assumed you knew. Like Yoda says, “You must unlearn, what you have learned.

3. Lots of added value and meaning. I feel more empowered as an individual.

4. Appeal to authority fallacy.

5. Strawman. Can you tell me about this edge you are talking about?

6. I can’t speak for the motivations of others, I have many speculations, but I’m sure you can research that info and discern for yourself. 50 million or so a day for NASA is a good starting place. The why is irrelevant to me as it’s nothing quantifiable, measurable or demonstrable for the shape of the earth.

7. Basically, the same as 6.

8. I’m not trying to prove the earth is flat. I am questioning the claims of the globe using natural and applied science. I’m sure you can find many yourself, but just start with water, make some predictions and test it. Then move onto pressure. Then motion and applied pressure. Then some geometry. Basically, just put every aspect and claim of the globe through the scientific method.

Hope that helps. Now just one question from me for now:

Are you able to provide a practical demonstration for the affirmative claim of a standing body of water naturally conforming to the exterior of a shape?
    Thank you for taking the time out to answer.

First let me address your question.

Short Answer - No

Real Answer - No because it is an incredibly dishonest and stupid question that would require the invention of several new realities to even begin to address it.

Expanded Answer -

I will start by admitting i don't really know what you mean by an affirmative claim. That sounds like an insurance term, but if you are referring to Philosophy and the burden of proof, then I am not going to get into a game of onus tennis. For the majority of people it would surely be commonly agreed that you are the one making an extraordinary claim but putting that to one side let us look again at your question.

This claim you keep positing is not a claim made by ANYONE... EVER in the threads or discussions here concerning your theory of a flat earth. This is perhaps the clearest indication of how your belief is only able to be maintained with huge amounts of constant intellectual dishonesty on your part. Much like the idea put forward by you, that only evidence seen with your own eyes is admissible in building a cogent model of history and science. An idea you completely rejected when using fake photographs to try and lend your holocaust denial theories some..i was going to say gravitas.. but let's say weight instead.

Nobody claimed that the oceans ( standing bodies of water) conformed to the exterior of a shape or the globe. Quite the opposite. They fill basins and containers. The question you should be asking is why does the water not fly into space? The majority of people on earth accept the best possible explanation for this we have arrived at as humans and call it Gravity. You have already made it clear you do not believe in gravity and so will need to explain to us why birds do not shoot off into space, why the sun doesn't fall on us, why water flows even? Do you believe water flows ?

Another problem with your pseudo question is the assumption that you can model the earth to scale, complete with all the forces of physics that act upon it. The biggest problem though, and the Elephant in the Room, is the ludicrous idea that we should be able to stand outside of the planet we are on, flat or spherical and conduct this experiment independent of the forces of this planet. The biggest problem though is that you will never believe any practical demonstration anyway unless you witness it first hand.
    Firstly, thanks for your honestly with your short answer. After that you fell of a bit. But let’s break it down shall we?

By affirmative claim, I am referring to the official narrative. It is taught to us and we are told we live on a spinning, pressurized system in a vacuum. So that is the claim that I am questioning. The burden of proof lies with those making that claim.

Now the claim is also that the globe is covered in over 70% of the tangible substance we call water. Now you need to understand some basic geometry here, but there is an equation that gives us the curvature of the earth. You denied the equation I provided previously, but have continued to fail to provide your own after I requested it.

I have no theory on “flat earth”, as I have stated numerous times, I am questioning the claims of the globe (the affirmative claim). You are reading too much into the “seeing things with your own eyes” thing, although it is a fact you and I have never seen the globe from that perspective with our own eyes, other than in images. What I am saying is it must be testable, demonstrable and repeatable. It is a False equivalence fallacy to say you haven’t seen this country, so how can you believe it exists. Firstly because it is testable, demonstrable and repeatable and secondly no one here is making any claims about these countries, so we can add strawman as well. The photo from the holohoax were an example of how we can’t trust images as they can be manipulated. This is of topic again, but it all comes down to science (natural and applied) in regard to the holohoax claims.

You invoke the term gravity and claim that’s what holds trillions of gallons of water to the globe (that would be the accepted affirmative claim a well), but I notice you have not defined that term. I will assume you are referring to Newton’s gravity (mass attracts to mass) but you can confirm. So firstly, I would ask for a practical demonstration of mass attracting to mass in the natural world. Then I would ask you to explain why it is able to hold all that water down but a helium balloon is able to escape it, or any number of things that escape it’s so called “pull”. (I would love you to explain the mechanics of pull as well, but we can leave that for another time). The way things fall, gives nothing quantifiable, measurable or demonstrable for the shape of the earth.

Water finds its lowest energy state.

The biggest problem is the claim that the tangible substance (water) does something in this reality, that the physics of the substance clearly show, through testing, demonstrating and repeating are not possible. You have to invoke your faith and belief in a planet, and give excuses or explanations, instead of using science (natural and applied) to prove it. The same with pressure. It’s all pseudo-science.

If you had a practical demonstration, then I would be able to test it, demonstrate it and repeat it myself to prove it to be correct, right?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wrong.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Wrong.
    Still waiting on your practical demonstration.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wrong.
    Of what?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wrong.
    Of what?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wrong.
    Of what?
    Of what?

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wrong.

There is a pro flat Earth meme that shows a game show host asking "Show me Curved Water".

My answer: A drip, falling to Earth; due to gravity.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboxingfan View Post
    wrong.
    still waiting on your practical demonstration.

there is a pro flat earth meme that shows a game show host asking "show me curved water".

My answer: A drip, falling to earth; due to gravity.
    this.

✌️

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Wrong.

There is a pro flat Earth meme that shows a game show host asking "Show me Curved Water".

Mr. Andre, I have to doubling-down on agree to your point about that raindrop. "Falling to Earth" YES! that point is the proof and those drop never go up! Always down. Gravity right there!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Wrong.

That is a False equivalence. We understand adhesion, cohesion, meniscus and surface tension. We can test it and demonstrate it. I am talking about the surface of a standing body of water. Are you trying to pass of a rain drop as some kind of representation of the globe model?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you not believe that a raindrop that is curved or concave because of surface tension?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you not believe that a raindrop that is curved or concave because of surface tension?
    That is a False equivalence. We understand adhesion, cohesion, meniscus and surface tension. We can test it and demonstrate it. I am talking about the surface of a standing body of water. Are you trying to pass of a rain drop as some kind of representation of the globe model?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alpha you do not even understand what you are saying, but I will indulge you. Your first paragraph -

"By affirmative claim, I am referring to the official narrative. It is taught to us and we are told we live on a spinning, pressurized system in a vacuum. So that is the claim that I am questioning. The burden of proof lies with those making that claim."

The burden of proof does not lie with a claim widely believed and backed with documentation, evidence, experiments etc for more than a thousand years. It is not even a claim anymore, it is a long established and verified fact. You are asking that reality be turned on its head in order to indulge your teenage whimsy.

You can feel the effects of living in a pressurised system simply by diving deep underwater, climbing a mountain or flying in a plane. Your ears popping will let you know.

That such pressure can exist on a huge planet in the near vacuum of space is not remarkable. It only becomes troublesome when you impose your own willful stupidity. You are having to reject Gravity without providing a replacement because of your flat earth trance.

You eschew nuance and complexity in order to make up for your own lack of a theories own gaping holes. Helium is lighter than air and so inside a balloon with a slimmer bottom than top it will due to this pressure float upwards. It doesn't disprove the globe model it proves it. Just like birds using uplift to fly proves it.

The earth spinning again doesn't present conceptual problems until you present scenarios which do not match with lived experience. You are imposing a model that does not fit. We have all traveled at speed on trains and plains and cars and can move about inside the vehicle travelling at speed without a problem.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information