Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default whats next for pac

say pac takes jmm's title in a few months from now then decides to move up to 135 and wins a title there again, that would be surpassing everyone on the p4p list of how many weights they have gone up and win. Right now both pac and floyd has gone up 24 pounds, pac from 106 to 130 and floyd 130 to 154. the difference is floyd has gone back down to 147 and pac has no plan ever dropping in weight again, going up another weight division is more likely. So what do you guys think? would that give pac an edge in the p4p list when he surpasses everyone going up 29 pounds and still fighting toe to toe with brutal controlled aggression. Don't you guys think thats impressive considering most p4p'ders that goes up that much in weight usually have safe styles that fight from range unlike what pac dishes out.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: whats next for pac

I think that, until PBF loses, the highest Pac can be in the P4P list is #2, but those lists are so goddamn subjective as to be almost useless. I find PBF's style every bit as impressive as I find Pac's, if not more so, so that has no bearing on where I would rank him.
    If Pac moves to 135 and fights Casamayor (who's the biggest threat there), my money would be on Casamayor.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM ,pacman finishes him in 3 this time
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH
    I think that, until PBF loses, the highest Pac can be in the P4P list is #2, but those lists are so goddamn subjective as to be almost useless. I find PBF's style every bit as impressive as I find Pac's, if not more so, so that has no bearing on where I would rank him.
    If Pac moves to 135 and fights Casamayor (who's the biggest threat there), my money would be on Casamayor.
    I agree floyd stays on top til he loses, but he can't keep one winning fights just by close u.d and s.d. floyd's style is impressive no doubt but i keep pac with a bit more props for fighting the hard way and still going strong plus pacs win has been more lopsided more so than floyds recent wins.

Yea casa is the biggest threat to pac and if pac beats casa that is surpassing floyd no doubt in my mind. Plus jmm is still around if pac add's jmm to his winnings, floyd has definitely have to start being more impressive cause pac is not to far behind.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH
    I agree floyd stays on top til he loses, but he can't keep one winning fights just by close u.d and s.d. floyd's style is impressive no doubt but i keep pac with a bit more props for fighting the hard way and still going strong plus pacs win has been more lopsided more so than floyds recent wins.

Yea casa is the biggest threat to pac and if pac beats casa that is surpassing floyd no doubt in my mind. Plus jmm is still around if pac add's jmm to his winnings, floyd has definitely have to start being more impressive cause pac is not to far behind.
    Floyd's only "close" fight since the first Castillo bout (which I though PBF lost) was the ODH fight, which I don't think was close at all. I had Floyd winning that one by a wide margin, but there's no need to fight old wars about that match.
    Floyd's style, no offense intended to Pac, is a lot more intelligent than Pac's is. Pac fights the way he does because its the only way he can win - its impressive, exciting, and he looks good doing it, but its basically his only option. Floyd is a lot more diverse and IMO has a lot more talent, not that talent is everything in boxing, but it sure fucking helps. If Pacquaio can add the heads of JMM and Casa to his record, that's a great accomplishment, but while he's fighting them Floyd will also be fighting some damn good opposition. I don't think until Floyd loses or retires that anyone else has any claim to the #1 P4P crown. And I don't particularily like PBF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree, actually.

Given the scenario you laid out, say Pacquiao goes after Marquez and Casamayor, say he beats them (which I know is getting way ahead of ourselves, but for the sake of argument). I definitely think that gives him a legitimate claim to the number one slot. Mayweather is a lot smarter than Pacquiao, insofar as technique and poise is concerned, but that's not really a style I can get behind. His defense is the only impressive thing about him for me. The only fight of his that I legitimately enjoyed was against Corrales, because we saw some contact, got some excitement. I can appreciate a technician, but after a while it gets dull, you know? Don't expose yourself, but don't fight so conservatively as to slap everyone in the face. You'll become unmarketable lol

But I don't agree with the p4p rankings anyway. We all have our own opinions of who's the best fighter anyway.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by stigma
    I disagree, actually.

Given the scenario you laid out, say Pacquiao goes after Marquez and Casamayor, say he beats them (which I know is getting way ahead of ourselves, but for the sake of argument). I definitely think that gives him a legitimate claim to the number one slot. Mayweather is a lot smarter than Pacquiao, insofar as technique and poise is concerned, but that's not really a style I can get behind. His defense is the only impressive thing about him for me. The only fight of his that I legitimately enjoyed was against Corrales, because we saw some contact, got some excitement. I can appreciate a technician, but after a while it gets dull, you know? Don't expose yourself, but don't fight so conservatively as to slap everyone in the face. You'll become unmarketable lol

But I don't agree with the p4p rankings anyway. We all have our own opinions of who's the best fighter anyway.
    I don't really disagree with anything you said about Mayweather, though I find his fights more entertaining then most people, but when it comes down to who the best boxer is, there's no question in my mind - PBF is a much better fighter than Pac. Simple as that. I'm in no way arguing that PBF's fights are more exciting or compelling than Pac's, but he's clearly the superior fighter.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just hope that the next opponent of pac will not be tagged again as a washed up fighter after the fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    I just hope that the next opponent of pac will not be tagged again as a washed up fighter after the fight.
    PBF has had similar problems. I wouldn't say that Barrera was washed-up, definately on the slide, but not washed-up, it was a good win for Pac, even if he didn't look great in doing it...
    Sharmba Mitchell on the other hand...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM should be his next fight. actually he should have fought JMM this time.

JMM will get the W this time

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    JMM should be his next fight. actually he should have fought JMM this time.

JMM will get the W this time
    I agree definetly JMM vs Pac is next fight that should happen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whats next for Pac ? Another hasbeen fighter coming off a loss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME
    Whats next for Pac ? Another hasbeen fighter coming off a loss
    certified hater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would like to see him fight jmm

but there is some 135 fights that wouldnt be bad either

maybe valero so we can figure so people can stop the comparison

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Valero said in a recent article that "Pacquiao is all speed no power." Who has Valero fought that should even give him any right to criticize any elite fighter?

Thread Information