Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kahns route to his paper title

I dislike today how easy it is to become famous how people go on reality tv shows and make a fool out of themselves. How easy it is to manafacture bands,entertainers,celebrities. But now it appears we have our own reality boxing show. BOX IDLE! And its main star amir kahn!

Kahn came on to the scene with a sparkly silver medal and blew onto our screens with a first round knockout over david bailey who came up 7 and a half pounds to get destroyed in the first. Its ok though its his first fight. He was fed 12 more victims to compile an immpressive 12 wins with 9 knockouts. But hes still learning. Kahns first big show his first test willie limond natural super feather with feather fists. Kahn is down and almost out revealing his pecker chin but he beats the count.....just. Lucky for kahn limmond couldnt finish his dinner. Next scott lawton coming off his first stoppage loss against thaxton lawton good at central area level always shot down at level above. Lawton froze in the lights and kahn took him apart. Also lawton cant burst a balloon. Next graeme earl coming off his first stoppage defeat in a war with michael katsidis, a war that takes the fight out of fighters. Kahn jumps on earl then drops him flash knockdown storms in for a premature stoppage. Perfect for kahn, Perfect match making. Onwards and upwards kahns fed two more soft touches and wins the wbo inter bauble. Next a decent name Michael gomez who made his pro debut when kahn was 9 years old had lost his last 3 significant fights by stoppage and had seen his best days in 2003 at superfeather. Kahn hits him and down he goes in the first. But up he comes to drop kahn and give him a tough fight till his age and wars catch up in round five and he is stopped. (Kahn does not look ready to fight for a world title) frank warren insists.
    Next chapter the revelation of kahns punch resistance. Breidis prescott. The only undefeated fighter kahn has fought to date, A career lightweight, a puncher, His first real real risk. KO'D IN 1. he was rocked by a jab and shown that his chin is china. Where from here surely he wont be winning any world titles soon!
    The comeback trail. Fagan. Enough said. Then One of the best peices of smoke and mirror match making i have ever seen, A legend barrera, Kahn wins via technical decision in what should be a no contest, This fight was made to look like a huge risk but these reality tv shows have ways in making the audience think this.
    And here we are Kahns world title after defeating the legend which puts him as the mandatory for marquez he moves up to fight kotelnick. And we watched kahn run for twelve rounds and bruise kotelnicks gloves i honestly think those gloves will now retire.

So there we have the brilliant trail to the top for kahn. Dont get me wrong kahn is good im not disputing that i just dissagree with manafacturing a fighter in a warriors sport. I hate x factor, I dont want to start hating boxing.
    A right hand can take you round the block, A jab round the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kahns route to his paper title

Did it take you all day to come up with that mate??

First off most of the shit you just came out with was exactly that utter shit, im not the biggest Khan fan but he did well last night against a solid world class fighter, have to take my hat off to him.

Earl had just fought for the interim wbo world title and nearly had Katsidis out of there, he was also ranked number 1 in the country at 135, that was a good match up at the time and alot of people fancied Earl going in. So its easy to say he was washed up blah blah after Khan totally destroyed him and it was a premature stoppage?? Earl was getting destroyed.

He beat Scott Lawton in better fashion than both the guys you proclaimed he was avoiding in earlier posts Murray and Thaxton.

Sorry mate have you only just started watching boxing?? Some of the best fighters of the past generation were manufactured to fight for World Titles Dela Hoya, Vargas etc etc. Khan had the advantage of being known and being able to generate lots of money it happens, the point is though he took the chance which maybe he wouldnt have got if he was a normal 21-1 fighter, and he took it well totally outboxed and outworked Kotelnik who suffered his worst defeat of his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with most of your're sentiments...however I think on the back of a very dood performance such as lastnight we have to give him a little more credit..Ok...Kotelnik is'nt exactly a Great fighter,but Khan made him look very ordinary..infact even more ordinary than we already knew he was!

The fact he has been manouvered into the position is irrelevent..boxing is all about money and Amir has the fans,sponsors and the Networks backing and that is a good position to be in!

Ther lad is 22 and struggles against virtually all of the quality operators in the division for now..but if he can hang on and works hard with Freddie he will be a force within two years!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep its easy mate. All any aspiring boxing reality kid need do is enter himself for the Olympics, just pick up a runners up medal and his future is sorted.

Khan DID get some benefit from being our only boxer at the 2004 Olympics, that's for certain. He was the only qualifier from out entire country and so obviously had the limelight to himself when he got the silver.

The Olmpyians this time have to fight for coverage amongst each other that is true.

But how is that Amir's fault? Did he commit some terrible sin in being the only boxer from our shores good enough to make it Athens?

As for the rest, how is beating Kotelnik for a world title any less noble than Pacquaio beating David Diaz, Hatton beating Collazo or Urango or maybe Carlos Maussa?

What about Witter winning a vacant belt against De Marcus Corely?

Cotto got his first world title beating Kelton Pinto for a vacant strap?

What do you want to do, insist that no boxer can win a world title unless they beat the linear champ at that weight class?

That would be nice but it's never ever going to happen.

When there are four (sometimes more) recognised belts in any weight class chances most of those belts arn't going to be held by hall of fame fighters, so what can you do?

Khan got knocked out in humiliating fashion less than a year ago. In just one year he has turned his career around completely, setting up camp with Freddie Roach, taking on a legend in Barrera and then seizing the first chance for a world title that came along.

Why do you hate on him?

He's wants to be the best and he's willing to put himself on the line in order to do it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by feeney View Post
    I dislike today how easy it is to become famous how people go on reality tv shows and make a fool out of themselves. How easy it is to manafacture bands,entertainers,celebrities. But now it appears we have our own reality boxing show. BOX IDLE! And its main star amir kahn!

Kahn came on to the scene with a sparkly silver medal and blew onto our screens with a first round knockout over david bailey who came up 7 and a half pounds to get destroyed in the first. Its ok though its his first fight. He was fed 12 more victims to compile an immpressive 12 wins with 9 knockouts. But hes still learning. Kahns first big show his first test willie limond natural super feather with feather fists. Kahn is down and almost out revealing his pecker chin but he beats the count.....just. Lucky for kahn limmond couldnt finish his dinner. Next scott lawton coming off his first stoppage loss against thaxton lawton good at central area level always shot down at level above. Lawton froze in the lights and kahn took him apart. Also lawton cant burst a balloon. Next graeme earl coming off his first stoppage defeat in a war with michael katsidis, a war that takes the fight out of fighters. Kahn jumps on earl then drops him flash knockdown storms in for a premature stoppage. Perfect for kahn, Perfect match making. Onwards and upwards kahns fed two more soft touches and wins the wbo inter bauble. Next a decent name Michael gomez who made his pro debut when kahn was 9 years old had lost his last 3 significant fights by stoppage and had seen his best days in 2003 at superfeather. Kahn hits him and down he goes in the first. But up he comes to drop kahn and give him a tough fight till his age and wars catch up in round five and he is stopped. (Kahn does not look ready to fight for a world title) frank warren insists.
    Next chapter the revelation of kahns punch resistance. Breidis prescott. The only undefeated fighter kahn has fought to date, A career lightweight, a puncher, His first real real risk. KO'D IN 1. he was rocked by a jab and shown that his chin is china. Where from here surely he wont be winning any world titles soon!
    The comeback trail. Fagan. Enough said. Then One of the best peices of smoke and mirror match making i have ever seen, A legend barrera, Kahn wins via technical decision in what should be a no contest, This fight was made to look like a huge risk but these reality tv shows have ways in making the audience think this.
    And here we are Kahns world title after defeating the legend which puts him as the mandatory for marquez he moves up to fight kotelnick. And we watched kahn run for twelve rounds and bruise kotelnicks gloves i honestly think those gloves will now retire.

So there we have the brilliant trail to the top for kahn. Dont get me wrong kahn is good im not disputing that i just dissagree with manafacturing a fighter in a warriors sport. I hate x factor, I dont want to start hating boxing.
    Lol. It was a fearful beating Kotelniks gloves took last night They have never been hit as hard and as often as that before!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont hate kahn hes brilliant- fast, hits pretty hard, exciting to watch. Im not saying its easy to win an olympic silver medal, Im not saying boxing is easy. I didnt say kahn was the first to get the cushion career trip to a title, Did i? I mearly said i am sick of watching manifactured careers. Its all money and its becoming fake almost. Maybe i did get carried away a bit, Kotelnick is a decent fighter and kahn boxed the correct strategy against him and won. But im pointing out that kahn didnt have a hard trip to the title and didnt really deserve his shot in my eyes. Warren is a master promoter and his one mistake he made with kahn was prescott. Earl was passed it right after kahn henry castle destroyed him in one. who? Like i said warren is a master promoter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont hate kahn hes brilliant- fast, hits pretty hard, exciting to watch. Im not saying its easy to win an olympic silver medal, Im not saying boxing is easy. I didnt say kahn was the first to get the cushion career trip to a title, Did i? I mearly said i am sick of watching manifactured careers. Its all money and its becoming fake almost. Maybe i did get carried away a bit, Kotelnick is a decent fighter and kahn boxed the correct strategy against him and won. But im pointing out that kahn didnt have a hard trip to the title and didnt really deserve his shot in my eyes. Warren is a master promoter and his one mistake he made with kahn was prescott. Earl was passed it right after kahn henry castle destroyed him in one. who? Like i said warren is a master promoter.

Yeah massive mistake letting a young prospect go in with a similiar unproven young prospect who was at the same stage in his career. It was insane. Should never have been allowed to happen!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So if you were Amir Khan what would you have done differently. Ok so you would have turned down the chance to fight a legend like Barrera and you would have also passed up the opportunity to win a cheap trinket belt but what fights would you have made instead?

Do you think Khan would have had more respect if he would have turned down a gimme fight against a washed up Barrrera and instead would have fought his tough domestic rival John Thaxton, who I think was a bit unfortunate to lose at the weekend to that 8-5-3 opponent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I give Khan a full credit. He did everything right last night. He fought brilliantly against a defensive genius Kotelnik.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kahns not in charge of his career warren is. Iv already said his career minus the prescott fight reads like a dream hes beat a legend in barrera, beaten lots of ex domestic champions, Became the third youngest world champ in british boxing post war history. You know what forget this thread i love him hes fantastic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

Yeah massive mistake letting a young prospect go in with a similiar unproven young prospect who was at the same stage in his career. It was insane. Should never have been allowed to happen!
    Ok game im an up and coming undeafeted fighter iv got a weak chin would you put me in with an unknown puncher. Remind me to not let you guide my career. Warren said after he made a mistake making the match.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok game im an up and coming undeafeted fighter iv got a weak chin would you put me in with an unknown puncher. Remind me to not let you guide my career. Warren said after he made a mistake making the match.
    Thats my point. If matching two guys who are at the same stage in their careers is such a mistake then it says alot about Khans management.

As for the guy who says Kotelnik is a defensive genuis - Pernell Whitaker yes, - James Toney - Possibly but Andreas Kotelnik ? No way !

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prescott has been played up as Tyson in terms of destructive punnching....not so it's just he fought no one over here had heard of and when he did he flattened Khan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Missy,

What did you make of Khans relentless, brutal attack on Kotelniks gloves last night?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked Feeney's oringinal posting.

Khans trajectory has been obvious. Too obvious. And people have lapped it up like dogs. This was the easiest way to get a belt and they took it. They were very lucky to get a "win" over Barrera.

It's anyones bet that they keep Khan away from anyone with a pulse for at least two more fights so that they can take money from fools who are too easily parted from their PPV money.

If Khan wants to prove himself then he needs to leave Frank Warren because otherwise people are going to be fed illusions for a long, long time.

It's probably time to wheel out the rotund former greats now...starting with Morales because Hatton is still too damn young and dangerous.

Thread Information