Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arabs offer Mayweather $120 million to fight Pacquiao!!! Take the money!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arabs offer Mayweather $120 million to fight Pacquiao!!! Take the money!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    "Dubai"

"Arabs"

Just put any "superstar" boxer along with those into google and see how many fights have happened over the years. It's always bullshit. I can remember a dozen or so years ago when Tyson was fighting there every other month.
    I can only think of Eubanks Snr fighting over there and that was not a high profile contest.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arabs offer Mayweather $120 million to fight Pacquiao!!! Take the money!!!

I read floyd has sent an offer to pacmans team and pacs team have made a counter offer. If this is the case the fights not going to happen pacman should just take whatever is on offer and if he is as good as he things beat floyd, then rematch and he can make the demands. Pacman and his team know they can't beat floyd IMO and just want the payday.
    Last edited by Master; 01-06-2015 at 12:29 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    I read floyd has sent an offer to pacmans team and pacs team have made a counter offer. If this is the case the fights not going to happy pacman should just take whatever is on offer and if he is as good as he things beat floyd, then rematch and he can make the demands. Pacman and his team know they can't beat floyd IMO and just want the payday.
    Read from the tweeters that Pac already signed and sent back maywathers contract and is just waiting for Floyd to sign. But I'll beleive all that shit when the pick a venue and the date is offically announced.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    I read floyd has sent an offer to pacmans team and pacs team have made a counter offer. If this is the case the fights not going to happy pacman should just take whatever is on offer and if he is as good as he things beat floyd, then rematch and he can make the demands. Pacman and his team know they can't beat floyd IMO and just want the payday.
    Read from the tweeters that Pac already signed and sent back maywathers contract and is just waiting for Floyd to sign. But I'll beleive all that shit when the pick a venue and the date is offically announced.
    I believe it when they are facing each other in the ring.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    This could very well be true. I've heard Dubai is in the mix. They are doing everything to put themselves on the map since they are running out of oil and have done a great job. I'm sure the rules could be made where Floyd could get his hands numbed up. Will Vegas do anything to retain Floyd or the other way around. Mannys side will probably look at it as more good exposure for boxing but the fight would have to happen at a weird time in Dubai to keep it on American PvP. What time is it in Dubai, if it's past noon there I can drink now.
    Let me fix a little bit of your assumptions here: First Dubai is a City in the UAE {(7) on the list oil reserve} . The UAE has a proven reserve of 97,800 Billion Barrels of Oil. List of countries by proven oil reserves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The world wide consumption of oil is ~32 Billion Barrels of oil a Year. I don't think they are in a danger of running out of oil anytime in next 10 lifetimes, unless the world becomes less effecient by 35 times. Newer Technologies can extract oil from the ground but are currently uneconomical that would boost US (12) 26,000 MMBBL to over one trillion MMBBL. So anything that you have heard or read that says the world will run out of oil or our kids will not have oil is either a complete fabrication, something from the 50's or spouted by someone that has no idea what they are talking about. Dubai is all about ego. They want the biggest and the best to say they are the biggest and the best. Take a look at the first works for 2015 on youtube. PPV is how the money is made, why would a site venue do something to make less money? If the offer is real, and there is no bidding war and Vegas doesn't compete, I'm not sure Floyd can turn it down.
    Just so you know I am only going by what the ruling family of Dubai said in an interview on 60 minutes here in the US. They said they could not depend on the oil revenues so they wanted to turn it into a financial capital. If they were for some reason lying that's on them. I was merely going by what they said directly, I did no further investigation on Dubais oil output. @fan johnny actually, Dubai itself has very little oil. Oil revenue makes up only three percent of its GDP. If you look around you can find many reports on the state of oil in Dubai proper. Mind you, I'm not looking to debate you, as I said my info was based only on what the ruling family said and another report in the Economist magazine. As far as how the UAE divides up its wealth I know nothing about but much info is out there on Dubais oil concern. I will look further into it though.
    Last edited by walrus; 01-06-2015 at 02:58 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This could very well be true. I've heard Dubai is in the mix. They are doing everything to put themselves on the map since they are running out of oil and have done a great job. I'm sure the rules could be made where Floyd could get his hands numbed up. Will Vegas do anything to retain Floyd or the other way around. Mannys side will probably look at it as more good exposure for boxing but the fight would have to happen at a weird time in Dubai to keep it on American PvP. What time is it in Dubai, if it's past noon there I can drink now.
    Let me fix a little bit of your assumptions here: First Dubai is a City in the UAE {(7) on the list oil reserve} . The UAE has a proven reserve of 97,800 Billion Barrels of Oil. List of countries by proven oil reserves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The world wide consumption of oil is ~32 Billion Barrels of oil a Year. I don't think they are in a danger of running out of oil anytime in next 10 lifetimes, unless the world becomes less effecient by 35 times. Newer Technologies can extract oil from the ground but are currently uneconomical that would boost US (12) 26,000 MMBBL to over one trillion MMBBL. So anything that you have heard or read that says the world will run out of oil or our kids will not have oil is either a complete fabrication, something from the 50's or spouted by someone that has no idea what they are talking about. Dubai is all about ego. They want the biggest and the best to say they are the biggest and the best. Take a look at the first works for 2015 on youtube. PPV is how the money is made, why would a site venue do something to make less money? If the offer is real, and there is no bidding war and Vegas doesn't compete, I'm not sure Floyd can turn it down.
    Just so you know I am only going by what the ruling family of Dubai said in an interview on 60 minutes here in the US. They said they could not depend on the oil revenues so they wanted to turn it into a financial capital. If they were for some reason lying that's on them. I was merely going by what they said directly, I did no further investigation on Dubais oil output. @fan johnny actually, Dubai itself has very little oil. Oil revenue makes up only three percent of its GDP. If you look around you can find many reports on the state of oil in Dubai proper. Mind you, I'm not looking to debate you, as I said my info was based only on what the ruling family said and another report in the Economist magazine. As far as how the UAE divides up its wealth I know nothing about but much info is out there on Dubais oil concern. I will look further into it though.
    Yea your right, they don't depend on Oil and I don't think ever have. I only commented because of the misconception they are running out of oil. A big chunk of what they earn is from tourism. It's one of the free countries in the region. The familes in the region compete with all kinds of shit in thier cultures. like friends showing off thier new car.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This could very well be true. I've heard Dubai is in the mix. They are doing everything to put themselves on the map since they are running out of oil and have done a great job. I'm sure the byrules could be made where Floyd could get his hands numbed up. Will Vegas do anything to retain Floyd or the other way around. Mannys side will probably look at it as more good exposure for boxing but the fight would have to happen at a weird time in Dubai to keep it on American PvP. What time is it in Dubai, if it's past noon there I can drink now.
    Yea your right, they don't depend on Oil and I don't think ever have. I only commented because of the misconception they are running out of oil. A big chunk of what they earn is from tourism. It's one of the free countries in the region. The familes in the region compete with all kinds of shit in thier cultures. like friends showing off thier new car.
    Well Dubai proper is running out of oil but you are right that the UAE on whole is not. Dubai sounds like an interesting place. Have you read how they treat foreign workers in Dubai. Anyway, is this where the rumours are coming from, that the fight might happen in Dubai.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's now listed on boxrec for MGM this fights going to happen whoop whoop

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just as I was getting excited, it's been taken off! it's not on there now.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Just as I was getting excited, it's been taken off! it's not on there now.
    As I said.

Under NO circumstances will Floyd ever fight him.

It's ALWAYS the same...

Either PAc is completely ignored and all mention of him the subject is changed.

OR

1/ Serious talks..
    2/ Fight is agreed too.
    3/ Floyd team goes to the drawing board thinking of a way to pull out and save face for Floyd.
    4/ Plan is hatched, Floyd chickens out and even though 100% of the blame lies on Floyd, some of the blame is shifted over to Pac, who has no idea about any of it.

Pac's attitude is and has always been "Let's get it on!"
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At some point Floyd's gonna have to decide what's more important to him: His "0", or the public perception of him. I'm no hardcore fan of either, but like to see them both ply their craft in the ring. I think there's room to praise either without denigrating the other. But Floyd's public perception is bound to start taking a hit if he doesn't say fuck it I'm fighting Pacquiao. People can talk about who's ducking who, but the truth of the matter is Floyd is getting the worse of it in the "ducking" conversations, and he's not doing anything to counteract that perception. We've all gotten tired of waiting for this fight to get made, but if we're being honest, we'd all watch it in a heartbeat if and when it ever does happen. If and when it happens, it'll be somewhat of a grudge match, considering how much ducking talk has preceded it.

Personally, I think Floyd has enough weapons in his arsenal to keep Manny off of him, and outbox him for 12 rounds. But anything's possible in boxing, and Floyd is probably mortified at the even slight possibility he could lose his precious "0" to Pac. If the fight never happens, I believe it will hurt Floyd's legacy more than Pac's. Pac has fought and lost. He's really got nothing to lose if he were to lose a good fight to Floyd. I believe he's more than willing to fight Floyd, also. It's Floyd that needs to step up to the plate. All these shenanigans have worn thin a long time ago. I'm sure Floyd watches his share of ESPN, as does nearly every red-blooded, young American male. Maybe if ESPN were to start airing some commentaries that were critical of Floyd and his seeming unwillingness to make the fight...... just maybe it might help prod Floyd into making it. On the other hand..... Floyd likes to dance to his own tune. He certainly doesn't need the money.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

all this only proves that floyd is a scared chickenshit, and sooooo not worthy to be called a true champion. protecting your "O" dont mean shit if u avoid the biggest challenges. to put Floyd in the same sentence as Ali, Ray Leonard, Joe Lewis as an All time Great is truly laughable. the man is a disgrace to the sport and a major let down to the fans.

Thread Information