Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Yyeeeahh.... on that.....

While it's tempting to blame high pharma prices strictly on Obama, the truth of the matter is pharma prices have been trending higher than most other developed countries since the early 2000's. There's plenty of blame to throw around. You also have to look at other factors as well. New, blockbuster pharma drugs don't come up on a regular basis. Sometimes it's a bit of "feast-famine." During Obama's tenure various blockbuster drugs hit the market, pretty much impacting the bottom line. That's not to exonerate Obama or any other POTUS during the past couple of decades. They should ALL be doing their damnest to keep these spiraling prices from going completely out of control. Pharma corporations operate at ridiculous margins... and much of that is in order to make up for extremely high R&D expenditures, and many times "less than optimal" operating efficiencies.
    Tits I hear you but obama was supposed to make a deal with big pharma but it became to complicated and he wanted the bill passed so he dropped it

Lobbyists are who really run the country. The POTUS is but a puppet. That's the way it goes with big pharma.... that's the way it goes with oil.... and you could probably add the NRA in there as well.

Still..... all Presidents dance to the tune of the powerful lobbying interests.
    If true that is sad and undemocratic. I would hope it is influence rather than actual direct impact from the lobbying groups.
    It's not influence. In America lobbyists literally write the bills that get passed. I'm not kidding. Whoever has the most money controls government policy. So Middle East policy is controlled by the Israel lobby, agricultural policy by the agricultural policy, financial regulation is controlled by the financial industry and so on.
    and at the same time some of the money they use comes from the government. By the way, the Israel lobby influences much more than just middle eastern policy. Not getting into conspiracy, just saying.

El Kabong Guest

You're terrified to actually put down in detail what you think happened. You're happy to rant away about a whole bunch of Democrats from Obama on down who are going to be arrested and that the investigation is a sham and that you and a bunch of like minded nutcases might decide to take a second amendment solution into your own hands if the crazy conspiracy theory you believe in doesn't become public and expose the deep staters. But you won't actually spell out what you think did happen. You've just spat your dummy out and are now running away again.

Let's name the date then seeing as you won't do it yourself. How about the date that the Mueller report comes out and confirms that Mueller was not secretly working with Trump to expose the biggest scandal in history and indict endless Democrats and deep staters but was in fact investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election and their theft of various DNC/Clinton campaign electronic documents which they then released via Wikileaks and other sources. When that happens you have to pay your $20 to the NAACP and Black Lives Matter. $10 each with verifiable receipts posted here.
    You assume a whole hell of a lot of what I think...even when I've told you otherwise.

The Mueller report being made public will lead to the start of an investigation on how the investigation into Trump started. Let's start there shall we?

I'm not worried in the slightest Kirkland. Keep talking up NAACP & Black Lives Matter and don't even give a second thought as to where your money is going

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh it's definitely the long stall on report. No reason they cannot release to Congress, intel committee, prior to public, with redacted Grand jury specifics sources etc. The longer it goes it smells. What happened to 100 percent exonerated..get it out then. I think they're under threat of a felony if members put it out there. I'm trying to find 'other' news on the Administration front. Saw that the House voted to end U.S involvement in Yemen, Trump expected to veto it. He nominated another Fox news host to be the spokesman-woman for the State department. So the close boarder bluster has been walked back..shocker. The GOP must feel like it's herding cats trying to walk back some of Trumps shoot first aim later stuff. There was a significant prison reform victory but I don't know the specs of it. Doing my taxes finally so we'll see how this recent tax bill hits home.The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits fell to its lowest level since late 1969. On a side note the Dems are cannibalizing themselves over Biden. It's definitely a hit job and frankly an insult to actual sexual abuse victims. An 80 year old geezer smelled your hair. Ffs. Other than Fox news which wastes so much time living in previous Administations...is there a notable respected source one can find day to day policy efforts. And not some whackadoodle tin foil hat web site pitching conspiracies.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Yeh it's definitely the long stall on report. No reason they cannot release to Congress, intel committee, prior to public, with redacted Grand jury specifics sources etc. The longer it goes it smells. What happened to 100 percent exonerated..get it out then. I think they're under threat of a felony if members put it out there. I'm trying to find 'other' news on the Administration front. Saw that the House voted to end U.S involvement in Yemen, Trump expected to veto it. He nominated another Fox news host to be the spokesman-woman for the State department. So the close boarder bluster has been walked back..shocker. The GOP must feel like it's herding cats trying to walk back some of Trumps shoot first aim later stuff. There was a significant prison reform victory but I don't know the specs of it. Doing my taxes finally so we'll see how this recent tax bill hits home.The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits fell to its lowest level since late 1969. On a side note the Dems are cannibalizing themselves over Biden. It's definitely a hit job and frankly an insult to actual sexual abuse victims. An 80 year old geezer smelled your hair. Ffs. Other than Fox news which wastes so much time living in previous Administations...is there a notable respected source one can find day to day policy efforts. And not some whackadoodle tin foil hat web site pitching conspiracies.
    He's nominated two idiots to become Fed Governors too. The one good thing about Trump up to now was that he appointed actual good people to Fed posts after getting good advice. Now he's doing what he wants and if he fucks the Fed up with enough morons it could spell disaster if there's another meltdown on his watch. The Fed doing the wrong thing would give us a decades long Depression with a capital D.

In lobbyist news:

MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 4, 2019--A two-year investigation by USA TODAY, The Arizona Republic, and the Center for Public Integrity that engaged more than 30 reporters across the USA TODAY NETWORK, part of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), identified at least 10,000 copycat bills in every state using a unique data analysis engine built on dozens of cloud computers to detect similarities in language, revealing for the first time the extent to which special interests have infiltrated U.S. statehouses through “model” legislation.

To investigate how bills dreamed up and written by corporations, industry groups and think tanks get copied from one statehouse to the next, USA TODAY and The Arizona Republic compared millions of words of legislation provided by LegisScan in a data collection and analysis process powered by the equivalent of 150 computers that ran non-stop for months. The project includes a live reporting tool that flags newly introduced model bills, allowing reporters in USA TODAY NETWORK newsrooms across the country to dig into every known model bill in their state and to track new copycat efforts. The investigation found 10,000 bills were almost entirely copied from models introduced nationwide in the past eight years and more than 2,100 were signed into law.
    In a separate analysis, the Center for Public Integrity identified tens of thousands of bills with identical phrases, then traced the origins of that language in dozens of .............

https://www.apnews.com/Business%20Wi...ae84867a5f83f2

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    You're terrified to actually put down in detail what you think happened. You're happy to rant away about a whole bunch of Democrats from Obama on down who are going to be arrested and that the investigation is a sham and that you and a bunch of like minded nutcases might decide to take a second amendment solution into your own hands if the crazy conspiracy theory you believe in doesn't become public and expose the deep staters. But you won't actually spell out what you think did happen. You've just spat your dummy out and are now running away again.

Let's name the date then seeing as you won't do it yourself. How about the date that the Mueller report comes out and confirms that Mueller was not secretly working with Trump to expose the biggest scandal in history and indict endless Democrats and deep staters but was in fact investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election and their theft of various DNC/Clinton campaign electronic documents which they then released via Wikileaks and other sources. When that happens you have to pay your $20 to the NAACP and Black Lives Matter. $10 each with verifiable receipts posted here.
    You assume a whole hell of a lot of what I think...even when I've told you otherwise.

The Mueller report being made public will lead to the start of an investigation on how the investigation into Trump started. Let's start there shall we?

I'm not worried in the slightest Kirkland. Keep talking up NAACP & Black Lives Matter and don't even give a second thought as to where your money is going
    If it turns out Mueller was investigating Trump/Russia collusion, obstruction of justice and so on and wasn't busy getting evidence on Obama, Hillary and preparing thousands of sealed indictments ready for the biggest scandal in history to be made public then you owe those fine people the money Lyle. The bet is whether you or I was broadly right about this. If this ends in arrests of Obama, Hillary and so on you were right. If it doesn't you pay up.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spicoli, you'll struggle to find any coverage of ongoing policy/legislation efforts because there aren't many. There are a bunch of publicity stunts which are all quietly forgotten about (closing the border) when some new nonsense emerges. The NYT is as good as anything. Washington Post is worth paying fifty bucks a year for. This daily curation of stuff is excellent too:

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/

That's where I got my last link from. It's liberal lefty but reality based.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spicoli, you'll struggle to find any coverage of ongoing policy/legislation efforts because there aren't many. There are a bunch of publicity stunts which are all quietly forgotten about (closing the border) when some new nonsense emerges. The NYT is as good as anything. Washington Post is worth paying fifty bucks a year for. This daily curation of stuff is excellent too:

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/

That's where I got my last link from. It's liberal lefty but reality based.
    Ha ha great choices no bias at all

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is one for you Kirk and spics “Cohen” found more stuff right before he is about to serve jail time

https://theweek.com/speedreads/83343...ongress-should

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys should be happy, I’m sure there will be big bombs in here. And now that the Dems are set in their pivot on the new Russia thing, it took them a couple weeks but they got the plan now everyone is following along. At first they feared the Russia shit was over but now, boom, they got it back. They ran to the tax thing, that will be big news, I’m sure the dude has been audited 20 times. It’s funny to watch how the narratives shifts around, something turns out to be nothing but now we will make something out of nothing again. Camon Kirk post your shit now, screw Brexit your country is A ok let’s talk trump

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But guys skip this part, it makes the whole investigation a little shaky we don’t need to acknowledge this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chi...story,amp.html

El Kabong Guest

If it turns out Mueller was investigating Trump/Russia collusion, obstruction of justice and so on and wasn't busy getting evidence on Obama, Hillary and preparing thousands of sealed indictments ready for the biggest scandal in history to be made public then you owe those fine people the money Lyle. The bet is whether you or I was broadly right about this. If this ends in arrests of Obama, Hillary and so on you were right. If it doesn't you pay up.
    Where do you get that Mueller was helping Trump? Where does that even come from?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here we go NYT Trump is trying to kill us

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...ation.amp.html

There’s a lot we don’t know about the legacy Donald Trump will leave behind. And it is, of course, hugely important what happens in the 2020 election. But one thing seems sure: Even if he’s a one-term president, Trump will have caused, directly or indirectly, the premature deaths of a large number of Americans.

Some of those deaths will come at the hands of right-wing, white nationalist extremists, who are a rapidly growing threat, partly because they feel empowered by a president who calls them “very fine people.”

Some will come from failures of governance, like the inadequate response to Hurricane Maria, which surely contributed to the high death toll in Puerto Rico. (Reminder: Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens.)

Some will come from the administration’s continuing efforts to sabotage Obamacare, which have failed to kill health reform but have stalled the decline in the number of uninsured, meaning that many people still aren’t getting the health care they need. Of course, if Trump gets his way and eliminates Obamacare altogether, things on this front will get much, much worse.

But the biggest death toll is likely to come from Trump’s agenda of deregulation — or maybe we should call it “deregulation,” because his administration is curiously selective about which industries it wants to leave alone.

Yeah NYT and the media and fair when it comes to reporting

El Kabong Guest

Ah yes Kirkland's boy Paul Krugman.....the fucking dumbest economist EVER, did he get a Nobel Prize because they felt sorry for him?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    He's nominated two idiots to become Fed Governors too. The one good thing about Trump up to now was that he appointed actual good people to Fed posts after getting good advice. Now he's doing what he wants and if he fucks the Fed up with enough morons it could spell disaster if there's another meltdown on his watch. The Fed doing the wrong thing would give us a decades long Depression with a capital D.

In lobbyist news:

MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 4, 2019--A two-year investigation by USA TODAY, The Arizona Republic, and the Center for Public Integrity that engaged more than 30 reporters across the USA TODAY NETWORK, part of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), identified at least 10,000 copycat bills in every state using a unique data analysis engine built on dozens of cloud computers to detect similarities in language, revealing for the first time the extent to which special interests have infiltrated U.S. statehouses through “model” legislation.

To investigate how bills dreamed up and written by corporations, industry groups and think tanks get copied from one statehouse to the next, USA TODAY and The Arizona Republic compared millions of words of legislation provided by LegisScan in a data collection and analysis process powered by the equivalent of 150 computers that ran non-stop for months. The project includes a live reporting tool that flags newly introduced model bills, allowing reporters in USA TODAY NETWORK newsrooms across the country to dig into every known model bill in their state and to track new copycat efforts. The investigation found 10,000 bills were almost entirely copied from models introduced nationwide in the past eight years and more than 2,100 were signed into law.
    In a separate analysis, the Center for Public Integrity identified tens of thousands of bills with identical phrases, then traced the origins of that language in dozens of .............

https://www.apnews.com/Business%20Wi...ae84867a5f83f2
    He's determined to put his thumb on the scale of the Fed. Hey at least he's switched to nominating contributors from cnn 'fake news' also. The man issues policy via couch potato. I watched his address to the RJC and it was like watching a tired insult comic stammer through his material.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kristen Nielsen fired, or she quit after Trump blind sided her concerning the '4 Mexicos' and aid . That's a shame. Dare any opposite POV or cabinet member idea ever be spoken.

Thread Information