Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: does the winner of the SMW super six have a better resume than Calzaghe??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default does the winner of the SMW super six have a better resume than Calzaghe??

If the winner of this tournement does not get defeated in the group stages, i say yes...

Joe seemes to have missed to golden generations, now and just before his career started at SMW..
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: does the winner of the SMW super six have a better resume than Calzaghe??

Yes but only if they go through the tournament undefeated. Even though Mikkel Kessler lost to Calzaghe he would finish his career with a better resume because it's not as if Joe destroyed him.

Arthur Abraham is a dark horse to win the super six, some people seem to have Kessler as a dead cert to win it bur Abraham is a class fighter with just as much skill as him. I'd like to see Froch do well but his defense has been badly exposed by Taylor who wouldn't make the same mistake twice if they fought again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: does the winner of the SMW super six have a better resume than Calzaghe??

Quote Originally Posted by gudnite vienna View Post
    If the winner of this tournement does not get defeated in the group stages, i say yes...

Joe seemes to have missed to golden generations, now and just before his career started at SMW..
    If Kessler wins it obviously not:

A golden generation?

Not to sure about that Ward and Dirrell are untested at any sort of world level really, Taylor has been beaton a few times, Kessler got beat by Calzaghe, the others are good fighters but hard to say, I would defintly not call it a golden generation just yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well when theres pavlk and possibly williams to throw in the mix, and with fights with Hopkins and Dawson at LHW i'd say its got plenty of depth to say the least..
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gudnite vienna View Post
    well when theres pavlk and possibly williams to throw in the mix, and with fights with Hopkins and Dawson at LHW i'd say its got plenty of depth to say the least..
    Them names you mention minus Williams ave been about while Calzaghe was at the top add Tarver Johnson and a more prome RJJ, dont see much difference to honest mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Calzaghe was to come back and defeat the winner of this comp it would certainly do a lot for his resume, but of course of it was kessler it would be kind of pointless..
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jermain Taylor already has a better resume than Calzaghe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and how is that?
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    NONSENSE - you're speaking out of your rear end there pal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeh i agree mate, bell end springs to mind...
    dont Fuck with the chuck

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not if it's Kessler. That will just reinforce how good Calzaghe was.

Froch, Taylor and Abraham wouldn't beat Calzaghe in a million years. Well maybe 1 in 20. No way they could be ranked ahead of him. That would be a travesty.

Dirrell and Ward are unexposed. So should either piss the comp then naturally they will secure a lofty postion in the history of the 168 division.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Not if it's Kessler. That will just reinforce how good Calzaghe was.

Froch, Taylor and Abraham wouldn't beat Calzaghe in a million years. Well maybe 1 in 20. No way they could be ranked ahead of him. That would be a travesty.

Dirrell and Ward are unexposed. So should either piss the comp then naturally they will secure a lofty postion in the history of the 168 division.
    I agree with that, although I think were Abraham to win it without tasting defeat, he would be ranked higher, although I don't think he's better if that makes sense. Tbh, although I think the winner may get more credit or have a better resume, I think Calzaghe was a more talented fighter than any of these guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with that and I see nothing offensive about this statement. I think people are misunderstanding and think if Jermain Taylor's resume is better than he is better. Jermain Taylor's list of fighters, when he fought them, and how many times he fought them is a better group than Joe Calzaghe's list of fighters when he fought them. This is not to say that Jermain Taylor is the better fighter. Heck, I think we all can agree that Calzaghe is probably a better fighter than Taylor. But who Taylor has fought is a better select group. Actually, Taylor is a throwback fighter. He doesn't even allow himself a tune up fight here and there. Calzaghe's resume is riddled with "tunes up." Taylor's resume is better but Calzaghe is the better fighter. Just about everytime a contender beats a world champion he just showed he was better than the person with a better resume. If we really sit down and compare there are not too many fighters with a better resume than Jermain Taylor. And this is before the Super 6 tournament. So to answer the question. If Jermain Taylor won the Super 6 tournament I think he would without a doubt have a better resume than Joe Calzaghe. The two Andres wouldn't, Kessler would be arguable but only that, Froch and Abraham would probably not have a better resume.
    Last edited by blegit; 10-09-2009 at 11:35 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, he doesn't.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apart from 2 close some would say unfair wins over Hopkins what has taylor ever done.

He has look great in parts of fights but has never put it together for a full fight.
    Balls

Thread Information