Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pac thinks he "won"? But with "only 1 arm"? WTF?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pac thinks he "won"? But with "only 1 arm"? WTF?

How can he BOTH think he won AND say he was a 1-armed fighter? Isnt that a bit arrogant to think he beat Floyd Mayweather WITH ONLY ONE ARM? Shameless...........

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac thinks he "won"? But with "only 1 arm"? WTF?

That's a good point. Either stick with saying you won and don't make an excuse or admit you lost and then make your excuse. Don't do both and claim you won one armed.
    I expected more from Pac. I thought Floyd would win but thought pac would have thrown more and we would have seen more counters from Floyd but Pac just didn't throw enough.
    Last edited by Manos de Piedra; 05-05-2015 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Typo
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder how his right shoulder injury effected his best punch, the left straight, of which he landed only 2 or 3 times flush, each with minimal effect.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I wonder how his right shoulder injury effected his best punch, the left straight, of which he landed only 2 or 3 times flush, each with minimal effect.
    I think his arm is fine because when he got the chance in the 4th and 6th he was winging away with it. Also he threw over 190 jabs.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah. I had to laugh at Bob Arum too. He said to look at how many jabs Manny threw and missed as proof that his shoulder was fucked up... but his jab has historically never been accurate. He landed 16% against Algieri, 18% against Brandon Rios, 19% against JMM... it's never been a great punch for him.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah. I had to laugh at Bob Arum too. He said to look at how many jabs Manny threw and missed as proof that his shoulder was fucked up... but his jab has historically never been accurate. He landed 16% against Algieri, 18% against Brandon Rios, 19% against JMM... it's never been a great punch for him.
    What made it funnier was Pac claimed he injured it a week before the fight then freddie says 2 and a half weeks then Arum comes and says it was longer than that. But everyone will lap it up because they hate Floyd that much.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    What made it funnier was Pac claimed he injured it a week before the fight then freddie says 2 and a half weeks then Arum comes and says it was longer than that. But everyone will lap it up because they hate Floyd that much.
    He even made a fuss about how the athletic commission didn't allow him to take his vitamins and water to re-hydrate while he was in his locker room before the fight. He's just digging himself an even deeper grave with all these excuses. He could have just be a sport like he always was post fight and just kept mum and everyone would respect him still. Floyd was classy enough with the interview but come on Manny, you're going to lose fans with that BS.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PAC needs to retire and become a permanent politician.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel bad for Pac because there was a lot riding on this fight. It was the same thing with David Haye and Wlad: Haye talked HUGE shit about how he was going to knock Wlad out, save the heavyweight division, had T-shirts made of him decapitating Wlad, ect. He built the stakes up very high and had millions riding on him, and in the end delivered on none of his promises and let all those millions down. So instead of saying "yes I'm a fraud I wasn't nearly as good as I said I was", he had to come up with an excuse as to why it wasn't his fault that he let everyone down.

Same with Pac only on a much larger scale. They called Mayweather a coward, said he was ducking Pac, said they would destroy Mayweather if they got him in the ring, said this and that. Then the fight happens, he can't deliver on his shit talk and let's Floyd cruise to his easiest win in years. Now they're just grasping at straws to save face.

I also love that when Pac wins, "oh it was god's will god gave me strength all glory to god". When he loses... no mention of god. I guess god's will couldn't overcome a hurt shoulder

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can you feel bad for someone $100 million in their bank account. Forget that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    How can you feel bad for someone $100 million in their bank account. Forget that.
    I don't know if this is the Filipino in me talking but I really think he wanted to win that fight. It's just like what we see all the time with him going up against competent boxers and counter punchers. He struggles. His punch output goes down. I feel bad for him because he probably feels like he let down an entire nation and a loyal following after all his bluster pre fight. Yes money does make a difference. $100 million makes a huge one, but this is the first time when he lost that I felt he genuinely was really disappointed with the outcome. There was no "I accept the decision. Let's move on. God willed it" blah blah like after the Bradley and Marquez losses. He was blatant with his excuses.

I even thought he was affected and hurt during Kellerman's interview. He had no one else to blame but himself and his corner. He was overconfident and he paid for it. Still, that overconfidence and all the hype that surrounded this fight must have surely affected his ego with this particular loss. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now. Just look at what the loss that Hatton took at the hands of Manny did for him. He got depressed and sht even with all the money he raked in after that fight. Manny took part in the most over hyped and most widely telecast fight in boxing history where the majority of viewers and spectators were rooting for him and he lost. I feel bad for him.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Money is nothing to those guys, they've been millionaires for a long time now. The sting of his pride and the thought that he let all his countrymen and fans down is something you can't just throw money and make it go away.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Money is nothing to those guys, they've been millionaires for a long time now. The sting of his pride and the thought that he let all his countrymen and fans down is something you can't just throw money and make it go away.
    It helps soften the blow.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For sure. Hopefully this pay day will keep Pac out of tax trouble and he'll be able to hold onto his fortunes.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he "won".........and with "only 1 arm" !!!!!!!!! BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Thread Information