Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ CutMeMick visits the 'World Boxing Hall of Fame 2007'(lots of pictures & Vid.)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ~ CutMeMick visits the 'World Boxing Hall of Fame 2007'(lots of pictures & Vid.)

What's going on fellas it's your bwoy CutMeMick coming to you from Los Angeles, CA.

Well as some of you may know today is the 28th Annual World Boxing Hall of Fame Induction ceremony. I will not be able to attend the ceremony tonight. However I was able to make it out there to the memorabilia trading show. Where to start?

I'll start off by saying WOW! what a treat it was to be able to shake hands and meet and talk to some of these great guys who were all friendly and very good to talk to. I walked around the rooom and there was about 17 stands where people were selling some great stuff there. I'm not big on buying things I rather have them signed myself. So for the most part I had my own things with me that I wanted to get signed.

This years inductees were:

Ricardo 'Finito' Lopez
    Alvaro 'Yaqui' Lopez
    Larry 'Easton Assasin' Holmes
    Gerald McClellan
    Efren 'Alacran' Torres

Unfortunately at the singning the present ones were 'Finito' Lopez & 'Yaqui' Lopez. I belive the others will arrive at the time of ceremony with the exception of Gerald McClellan.
    It was great to be able to share a couple of words with these guys and definetly one of the highlights for me as a fan.

I'll just starts posting pictures and take it from there.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~ CutMeMick visits the 'World Boxing Hall of Fame 2007'(lots of pictures & Vid.)

I'll start off with my personal favorite part of the whole thing.

This stand that was put there in memory of Diego 'Chico' Corrales.
    On display were his shoes, lots of his robes, gloves, trunks and his IBA Belt among other things.
    His wife was great and very friendly and all the people there did a great job for DIego.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgy1Rj3CPSk

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~ CutMeMick visits the 'World Boxing Hall of Fame 2007'(lots of pictures & Vid.)

Heres another video I took early in the day. What I did is I walked down a line and named every person that was there.

Just in case you can't hear me here they are in order:

Mando Ramos
    Jeff Chandler
    George Benton
    Ernie Terrell
    Bobby Chacon
    Gaspar Ortega
    Joe Cortez (Watch for the famous line)
    Bobby Watts (More known for being the 1st to defeat Hagler)
    Lou Filipo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEOHuvsVQuA

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~ CutMeMick visits the 'World Boxing Hall of Fame 2007'(lots of pictures & V

, good stuff mate, loved the Cortez quip :P

Did little Alden go, I'll coolclick you for a week if you got a shot with him

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll start off with some pictures of the program

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ~ CutMeMick visits the 'World Boxing Hall of Fame 2007'(lots of pictures & V

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    , good stuff mate, loved the Cortez quip :P

Did little Alden go, I'll coolclick you for a week if you got a shot with him
    CC#1262 bilbs... Sorry! man I've let you down I didn't get a pic. with the kid. But it wasn't all my fault, I don't think he went to this particualr part of the event.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right as you walk in heres the 1st thing you see.

Great frames IMO, pretty expensive also but if you got the money I guess it's worth it.
    Great designs, very well done and the way it's all put together looks great.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heres some great pictures of Diego Corrales shoes, IBA Belt and his robes.

I was able to touch his shoes and his robes, as I said all the Family & Friends that were there on behalf of 'Chico' are great people.
    I shared with them my story on how I ended up ringside at Corrales vs. JLC I in their memorable fight. They couldn't believe me, one of the guys there was real cool. I told 'em that it was just ment to be for me to have been there that night and that I will forever remember Corrales.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like you're living the dream right there mate, a real fan's day, even if it is the boxers themselves getting inducted. CC.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Sounds like you're living the dream right there mate, a real fan's day, even if it is the boxers themselves getting inducted. CC.
    CC#693 superheavy.
    Thanks man, and belive me man I probably won't sleep well for about a week.

Also thanks for the Rd. by Rd. as always.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had a chance to meet a man by the name of Allen S. Rosenfeld who is the author of the book Charley Burley.
    Very interesting man, he said he lived with Charley for about 6 years. and he talked good about the guy. He said Charley was a very good fighter and askesd him 'Was Charley as good as people say?" His answer was "Yes, on his best day he could beat anyone he was that good at his best".
    It was a good talk and I learned a lot from Allen about Charley.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright I'm gonna shift gears here and get into some boxers pictures and autographs.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heres a fight poster I had put away.

The poster is of Carlos Palomino vs. Armando Muniz II from 1978 for the WBC Welterweight title. Palomino was working on his 7th defense of the title and had previously beaten Muniz in a back and forth battle where both fighters hit the canvas. This time around Palomino was able to win more deceisevly. I already had the Palomino signature but just couldn't get the Muniz one until today.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heres a closer shot of the Carlos Palomino sig.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC Mick. Thank for sharing your experience, some of the stories you heard must have been great. As for Charley Burley, he was a excellent fighter in an era of great fighters and he is often overlooked. He beat a lot of very good fighters like Zivic and Cocoa Kid and lost to a young Ezzard Chares, but in his prime I think he would have beaten Charles. Nice to see the display for Chico too, must have been tough for his family but Im sure theyre warriors too.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Thread Information