Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Weight Control.

Having problem to shed last 2kg off to Get to Super Featherweight Tried everything and it wont go off Any ideas or is it going to be Stick to lightweight lol? More i try the more i seem to put on. Anyone got tips bar The normal(Water ect)

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Weight Control.

Read this article in it's entirety; I'm sure it will help. Good luck.

Your Top Source For Boxing Training Advice
    Last edited by Mo Frazier; 04-13-2010 at 02:36 AM.
    "The day I clipped the Butterfly's wings."

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

do you have much to lose?
    how long do you have?
    how old are you?
    would you better suited staying at your current weight?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rowza View Post
    Having problem to shed last 2kg off to Get to Super Featherweight Tried everything and it wont go off Any ideas or is it going to be Stick to lightweight lol? More i try the more i seem to put on. Anyone got tips bar The normal(Water ect)

Cheers
    Depnds on your body fat percentage. If you aint got any fat to lose, you aint gonna lose weight without sacraficing muscle and you don't want to do that.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Frazier View Post
    Read this article in it's entirety; I'm sure it will help. Good luck.

Your Top Source For Boxing Training Advice
    Cheers will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    do you have much to lose?
    how long do you have?
    how old are you?
    would you better suited staying at your current weight?
    Have few month to be honest Im 18, Not really as my height :/ I know i will be to big For SFW in a few year but not at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

Cheers
    Depnds on your body fat percentage. If you aint got any fat to lose, you aint gonna lose weight without sacraficing muscle and you don't want to do that.
    I have some fat there exess fat to be honest. Im not sacraficing muscle. I acnt remembe exacly what my BF% is il try find out.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2 kgs is nothing. Clean up your diet about 2-3 weeks before the match. Nothing processed, all fresh veggies and fruits, stick to lean cuts of meat, lean steak, tuna, chicken etc. Cut back all salt. Avoid carbs mostly...but u cant remove them entirely. But use them more for loading 2-3 hrs prior to workouts for fuel. Get your proteins in right after workouts...either a pure whey supplement shake, or the equivalent in some other source.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    2 kgs is nothing. Clean up your diet about 2-3 weeks before the match. Nothing processed, all fresh veggies and fruits, stick to lean cuts of meat, lean steak, tuna, chicken etc. Cut back all salt. Avoid carbs mostly...but u cant remove them entirely. But use them more for loading 2-3 hrs prior to workouts for fuel. Get your proteins in right after workouts...either a pure whey supplement shake, or the equivalent in some other source.
    Loose Carbs? I thought You switch to carbs rather than Protein :O lol... Iv already lost 2kg so its like 4kg altogether :/ If i do it correct it wont be really affecting me will it? As i do still have fat !

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loose Carbs? I thought You switch to carbs rather than Protein :O lol... Iv already lost 2kg so its like 4kg altogether :/ If i do it correct it wont be really affecting me will it? As i do still have fat !
    Ya man, cut back on carbs except when necessary re: pre workout. they're your fuel. cut all processed food out, namely any huge sodium based crappola in a package.

I went from 172 to 163 in about 2 weeks doing this. And running on low body fat. Instead of potatoes with my steak, eat some cottage cheese, some fruit, veggies w/e. Only time i had carbs was maybe a tiny bit at breakfast, pre workouts and in miniscule amounts in certain veggies n stuff. Plus, run your ass off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's like deja vu all over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Caveat, I am no a light weight so my personal experience is with myself and other super-middle to heavyweights losing weight. [I can drop 4 kilos in an 1 1/2 hours without much stress and recover in a couple of hours but it is all water and that doesn't count for really making and holding weight.]

If you have 15% or more body fat this won't be that hard; if you have less than 10-12% it will be pretty difficult. Somewhere in between you can do it but probably won't enjoy it.

You should expect to lose only about 1/2 Kilo per week -- sure you can lose 1 Kg in a week but that is pretty strict.

(And we aren't talking about water but real weight loss AND after you have already taken of the 'easy weight'.)

One suggestion: I won't tell you which diet to use -- there are 100s of diets which will help you lose 5 Kg or less. Almost all of them will work, but you can get the best results if you WRITE DOWN literally everything you eat.

By writing it down you don't leave it to chance or memory and if it doesn't work you will know where you screwed up and what to fix.

If you do a low-carb diet, also get the KetoStix (at a pharmacy) for testing your urine: If you turn the test strip purple you are losing fat -- if you don't then you aren't.

--
    Herb

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HerbM View Post
    Caveat, I am no a light weight so my personal experience is with myself and other super-middle to heavyweights losing weight. [I can drop 4 kilos in an 1 1/2 hours without much stress and recover in a couple of hours but it is all water and that doesn't count for really making and holding weight.]

If you have 15% or more body fat this won't be that hard; if you have less than 10-12% it will be pretty difficult. Somewhere in between you can do it but probably won't enjoy it.

You should expect to lose only about 1/2 Kilo per week -- sure you can lose 1 Kg in a week but that is pretty strict.

(And we aren't talking about water but real weight loss AND after you have already taken of the 'easy weight'.)

One suggestion: I won't tell you which diet to use -- there are 100s of diets which will help you lose 5 Kg or less. Almost all of them will work, but you can get the best results if you WRITE DOWN literally everything you eat.

By writing it down you don't leave it to chance or memory and if it doesn't work you will know where you screwed up and what to fix.

If you do a low-carb diet, also get the KetoStix (at a pharmacy) for testing your urine: If you turn the test strip purple you are losing fat -- if you don't then you aren't.

--
    Herb
    half a stone in 90 minutes and have NO side effects? I doubt that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    --
    Herb
    half a stone in 90 minutes and have NO side effects? I doubt that.
    To be accurate, I said "with little stress" and "recover in a couple of hours" so obviously there are SOME effects to recover from, but basically I can still fight even right away.

I have done this many times, and not for the purpose of weight lost, just because I sweat really healthy and easily.

The most I have recorded lately is 9 1/2 lbs even at age 57, although I suspect I could do a bit more.

Once did 12 lbs in less than 24 hours for a wrestling match (40 years ago) and won (not planned, had to wrestle in place of an injured team mate who was hurt the day before the match.)

And please remember, I am not advocating this, just stating a fact and pointing out that this is all water which will be gained back almost immediately -- to lose real weight takes time.

The only reason I am even responding again is because of the words "I doubt that".

When I make a statement of fact from experience, never doubt it.

--
    HerbM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's like deja vu all over again.
    Opps sorry lol

--
    Herb
    Thanks for the info mate. I dont seem to loose weight whatever i do lol my bodyfat is more in 5%-10% range lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the info mate. I dont seem to loose weight whatever i do lol my bodyfat is more in 5%-10% range lol
    If you are (much) under 10% then likely you cannot reasonably lose weight -- you may or may not be able to reach the next weight class SAFELY by losing water for the weigh in -- a couple of pounds is about the max without losing strength and while being safe.

That low a body fat is where competition body builders work for competitions -- it is really tough down there (from what I hear <grin>)

Probably especially bad for a lightweight since a pound is a larger percentage of your body weight than for a big guy.

--
    Herb

Thread Information