Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Liam Smith v Hassan Mwakinyo

Liam Smith weighed in for his clash with dangerous Hassan Mwakinyo at the M&S Bank Arena in his Liverpool hometown this Saturday, live on Sky Sports.

Smith, highly ranked with major sanctioning bodies the WBC, WBO and the WBA, is well positioned for a world title shot. But he risks the chance of getting a mandatory position against the power-punching Mwakinyo, who stopped Sam Eggington the last time he boxed in the UK.

"Tornado" Mwakinyo cut an imposing figure on the scales weighing 11st 1lbs. Smith was 11st 5lbs 5oz. The two glared into one another's eyes during a long face off. Smith however was full of confidence. He has sparred Mwakinyo before and wanted to bring that to the forefront of his opponent's mind.

Mayer: Baumgardner needs more than that one punch to beat meAzeez: Yarde, Buatsi, Richards? 'Throw me in there!'
    "He knows. I thought I'd give him a little reminder the last time we were in the ring together what happened," Smith said.

But Smith also understands his opponent has it all to gain. "I'm at the stage of my career where that's a given. I'm more than prepared for that. Saturday night you'll see how I'm prepared for that," he said.

"Under the lights with the gloves on, with a bit of fear in me because of the crowd, that's when you see the best of me," he added.

"Liverpool fans always turn out and I'm more than grateful."

Natasha Jonas became a world champion in February when she leapt up three weight classes to win the WBO super-welterweight title. Not only does she defend her title in her home city on Saturday but she gets the opportunity to unify belts, taking on WBC champion Patricia Berghult.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...a871be3ffb7e9f
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Liam Smith v Hassan Mwakinyo

Frazer Clarke wins easy and apologies to the fans for this mismatch. Good on him.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Close and cagey opening round from both Liam and Mwakinyo. The right hand from Mwakinyo wins the round for me.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Liam has a better 2nd round as Mwakinyo gets more eratic.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mwakinyo wins round 3 with uppercuts but may have twisted his ankle. Liam unhappy with the late lunch from Mwakinyo.

2-1 Mwakinyo

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Strange stoppage and action from Mwakinyo who essentially quits in round 4. The ankle must have caused him problems and he decides to take a knee twice in the round.

Not a great fight and night of boxing. A lot of mismatch bouts. Not good viewing for boxing fans.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't they make this a ppv also? Fair enough to Clarke but he definitely faced better than we saw our own Olympic medalist Torrez Jr. face just last week.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Didn't they make this a ppv also? Fair enough to Clarke but he definitely faced better than we saw our own Olympic medalist Torrez Jr. face just last week.
    This was not ppv here.

Dazn are going down this ppv route when they said they would not. Liars. With AJ signed they will be more ppv on their streaming platform.

Thread Information