Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bute Pascal May 25 - Pascal to receive the help of Roy Jones Jr

The fight is now official Combat Bute vs Pascal – le 25 mai | Montreal.TV

IN Press conference, ROy Jones Jr joined Jean Pascal as a new member of his team. I don't know for the rest of the world but here in Quebec, this fight is quite huge and it's one of the most anticipate fight in the province in a long time, also possibly the biggest fight in "history" (of the province, that is) where 2 canadians would square together.

Even though Bute did very bad against Froch, I think that he's very likely to beat PAscal, even if that doesn't seem to be what most people are thinking now; Pascal shots are like a telegraph, he always lack energy after the 9th and he doesn't have the style of raw attribute to mimic Froch with a Battering Ram style of fight.

ANy thoughts?
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bute Pascal May 25 - Pascal to receive the help of Roy Jones Jr

Angel Heredia or whatever his name is, JMM's "strength and conditioning" coach, is [ST]supplying PEDs to[/ST] doing strength and conditioning training for Pascal for this fight. After JMM turned into a Schwarzenegger lookalike for his last fight Heredia said he'd insist every boxer he "trained" for future fights did random testing. Is Pascal doing random testing for this fight?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heredia is working with Rios now too. So far none of his fighters have signed up for VADA.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this the biggest fight in Canadian history to take place on Canadian soil?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure why he hired Jones. These are 2 of my favourites but I think Pascal stops Bute later in the fight unless one of his shoulders implode again. Pascal throws shots from some of the weirdest angles ever and they are cork screw shots like Shane landed on Margarito. I just don't see Bute holding out.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even if Roy could magically transfer his knowledge, tactics and strategy right to Pascal, it wont work because Pascals stance is too wide, his balance is terrible and his those flailing shots of his are telegraphed (as someone already said) .
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This telegraphing from Pascal, can someone produce some examples while keeping in mind his chronic shoulder issues? Ask Carl Froch if they were telegraphed. The difference for me in this fight in that Bute is mentally destroyed by his fight with Carl. Gym and Interbox are cashing in or out. It would not surprise me to see them milk a trilogy out of this.

Pascal by tko.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll take Pascal. Bute still doesn't have his confidence back and I don't think he can take the punch of Pascal. Speed will trouble him too.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my money is on pascal too

although i could change my mind
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Froch fight I fear may have been one of those career enders.

Like Lacy v Calzaghe etc.

He'll continue to fight but I see downwards as his direction.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    This telegraphing from Pascal, can someone produce some examples while keeping in mind his chronic shoulder issues? Ask Carl Froch if they were telegraphed. The difference for me in this fight in that Bute is mentally destroyed by his fight with Carl. Gym and Interbox are cashing in or out. It would not surprise me to see them milk a trilogy out of this.

Pascal by tko.
    Listen, for a moment, give Bute the benefit of the doubt @IamInuit, let's say that the Bute we saw in the last three rounds of the Grachev fight is the Bute that shows up for Pascal. The pre-Froch Bute, or maybe even a post-Froch Bute that is better than the pre-Froch Bute. What then? What if Grachev is tougher than advertised? Maybe he destroys Erdei this weekend in Monaco?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pascal by tko.
    Listen, for a moment, give Bute the benefit of the doubt @IamInuit, let's say that the Bute we saw in the last three rounds of the Grachev fight is the Bute that shows up for Pascal. The pre-Froch Bute, or maybe even a post-Froch Bute that is better than the pre-Froch Bute. What then? What if Grachev is tougher than advertised? Maybe he destroys Erdei this weekend in Monaco?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Pascal wins this but he is a long way from the fighter that fought toe to toe with Froch. I hope he has enough to beat Bute.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pascal by tko.
    The telegraphing isn't shoulder related, it's his body positioning and wide punching style. He's got a lot of speed, but its the position of his feet and the way he throws his punches that give him away. (think fast guy throwing a slow punch...) It's a double edged sword because the wide stance allows him to get a lot of power on those looping shots.

Watching footage of him.. you'll see he likes to walk/ stalk and throw the jab low and keep his opponent checked at a distance, he'll sometimes overextend 1,2 or a looping lead hook that he's using to test the waters. When he closes the distance, he sets his feet real wide and locks his stance prematurely and throws his hooks (which may come from odd angles due to his feet being locked and his upper body having to compensate and get the shots off before the target skips town-- its also why he misses big sometimes), but the hooks are almost always in pairs. Bangers usually don't pick up on this nor care because they are there to out bang him.
    Anyone else (especially counterpunchers) can either step in, close the distance and take the leverage off his punches and throw uppercuts inside, step back with their hands high block the right and shoot the counter down the middle... or step around and throw over the lead hand. Bute being a southpaw, stepping in and throwing that uppercut that dropped miranda should be a good bet. A lead uppercut also works after defending the looping right over the top. Of course this is depending on Bute's mental state--my comment on telegraphing wasn't necessarily a response to the outcome of the fight as much as it was Pascal completing his emulation of Roy.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Pascal by tko.

You didn't have to tell me twice

I'm as big a fan of Bute as you my friend but I think he's damaged goods upstairs. Physically imo he's fine. This fight also answers a question for me and that is I could not figure out why he went to 175 for Grachev when Froch was supposed to be a rematch. I think the Pascal fight in hindsight was already in the works. Look you could be right and I dead wrong. Perhaps Bute walks out in round one and lands one of his monster uppercuts. Pascal is a sucker for that punch I have no dog in the fight and find myself in that odd situation of cheering for both men like Cotto/Shane or Erik/Mab. I wish they were not fighting. That place is going to be lit up.

Thread Information