Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Magdaleno Brothers

Anybody see these young guns fight? They got loads of talent. Diego is on his way but I think his little brother, Jesse, is gonna be a superstar. Boxes well, good head movement, good footwork, punches in combos with half power, then throws surprising power counters. Caught them on a rebroadcast of Top Rank fights on some random sports channel. Robert Marroquin was on that card and produced an exciting ko as well. Still early to tell with these guys but one things for sure, prospects are fun to watch.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Magdaleno Brothers

Sounds like Jessie is moving up to 126, to face Christopher Diaz who is moving down from 130.

@TitoFan how does Diaz do at 126? I think it's a good move if he can get there without sacrifice. Tough fight for both guys.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Pitufo does well. For starters he's fought at feather for most of his career, testing the superfeather waters a couple of times prior to losing to Ito. He's still super young at 24..... and his height is well suited for 126.
    I hope I'm not wrong, but I think Christopher can make waves at 126 again.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I think Pitufo does well. For starters he's fought at feather for most of his career, testing the superfeather waters a couple of times prior to losing to Ito. He's still super young at 24..... and his height is well suited for 126.
    I hope I'm not wrong, but I think Christopher can make waves at 126 again.
    The winner of that fight fits in nicely at 126. I thought Diaz was staying at 130 after the Cruz fight. I do hope he tries to avenge that loss at some stage tho.

Who do think is the next superstar from PR?

Subriel Matias is up there for me. Machado? Rodriguez obviously if he upsets Inoue, I'm not sold on Chiquiro (thought he lost Barrios both times), I think Perrito bests him.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Subriel definitely has potential, although the few times I've seen action of his, he's looked a bit raw. Let's see how he handles his first real tough battle... but so far so good.

I didn't rate Machado too highly at first, but he impressed me his last time out. He'll be solid for awhile, but I don't know about the "superstar" label.

Manny beating Inoue would be an upset of major proportions, and of course I hope he pulls it off. That would indeed cement him into superstar status.

Haven't seen much of Chiquiro, so I can't speak too much on him.

Aside from these guys, I had high hopes for McWilliams Arroyo and Angel Acosta... but these are super tiny guys, who normally don't easily become "superstars." Besides, they're in tough divisions and have had their stumbles.

There's a prospect out there named Carlos Vidal who I haven't seen but have heard great things about him.

Verdejo was supposed to be the next big thing a while back, but lost his focus and plummeted out of sight. I hear he's planning a comeback.... best of luck to him.

Right now I don't know there's any clear heir to the PR superstar throne. A good number of good/great fighters.... but following along the lines of the former Puerto Rican greats in not something to be taken lightly.

Thread Information