Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  70
Dislikes Dislikes:  5
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This place has run its course......

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: This place has run its course......

10 years ago other social media platforms had yet to explode - facebook, twitter, youtube, etc. People today can talk directly to their heroes let alone boxing people and fellow fans. There's at least four popular prolific posters from back in the day that started their OWN forums and I regularly see a name from the past pop up in boxing timelines on twitter, and I'm not even a twitter member, just regularly read a handful of boxing people/writers
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two points...

1. It's revealing that your post @RedLeatherMafia named just TWO fighters. There's currently topics on the first page of this forum that consists of 40 different fighters being discussed. In the six months you've re-joined here you've made 17 posts. Of those 17 you've mentioned FOUR fighters - 12 posts have been about Floyd and GGG, one about Loma and one about Shannon Briggs.

Your opinion of GGG and Loma is - "white trash overrated homos"

2. The notion that "Opinions aren't allowed unless you conform" is complete and utter nonsense (see above). Not even Master abuses his position to the point of censoring boxing opinions (he is a childish hater though which is why you've got upset reading his anti-Floyd posts).

Seriously, you know a few popular fighters then come on a forum like this and think it's dead because there's not a million threads about Floyd being TBE or GGG being an overrated great white hype. 40 fighters being discussed, dozens and dozens of fights yet you've commented on TWO - May-Mac and GGG-Canelo.

Try watching some boxing then you'd be able to get involved with the dozens and dozens of other fights and fighters that people are chatting about.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedLeatherMafia View Post
    I would bet new membership is at a massive decline and if it isn't they don't come back after a few trips. I remember joining I think around 2004? And it was awesome! I quit coming on around 2007 when my father was sick. Had things to take care of. I couldn't remember my log in so I had
    To make a new One. Seems like a few stragglers hung on and now are moderators and god forbid you say or do something they don't like. But that's not even the whole issue. This place is simply a ghost town now. I don't even see the purpose of it. The few floyd haters and GGG lovers could just text each other about their obsessions. I won't name
    names because I'm not picking on certain individuals they are who they are. But if requested I could tell you and comment here how some of them are beyond sickening. If it won't get deleted. Or if this doesn't. Opinions aren't allowed here unless you conform it seems like. This is like a night club well past it's shelf life. Like the old tavern nobody goes to that's hanging on a string with a few bitter people with a few things in common. I would guess this went from the number one forum (at least it felt that way back 10-15yrs ago) to the worst. Same lame topics, same people saying same stuff, same posts that rarely change. I'll log in and the newest thread or one commented on and it was the day before. Nothing new here. The old restaurant that never ulgraded or viewed change as a positive. Almost like a dictatorship with the ones still here that were here in the beginning. I'm sure this will get moved to spam so nobody sees it and I'm sure it won't be hard to guess who moved it. Or deleted because god forbid anyone have an opinion on this place. The stale posts are more exciting for some. Those big companiesos that couldn't take constructive criticism sure went on to be successful before being auctioned off.
    You are right, ever since @Master became a mod the place is shit
    Still not managed to get rid of you yet.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this place has run its course then why are you still posting here ?
    Doesn't your thread prove this place has not run its course ?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ridiculous thread.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    what a horrid slime-ball would write that ***MUCOUSY ASS-SALIVA*** only a piece of sand-paper would vomit so vile and revolting as the OP has done.

Put some clothes on man.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw one of those things Brock is holding on Embarrassing Bodies a couple of weeks back. Its a stretcher for ladies born without a proper vagina. You stick one in and gradually increase the size until you've got a regular sized snatch. Brock is obviously sticking them up his arse and surprised at how far he's progressed. He's got a traffic cone up there now, backwards.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Two points...

1. It's revealing that your post @RedLeatherMafia named just TWO fighters. There's currently topics on the first page of this forum that consists of 40 different fighters being discussed. In the six months you've re-joined here you've made 17 posts. Of those 17 you've mentioned FOUR fighters - 12 posts have been about Floyd and GGG, one about Loma and one about Shannon Briggs.

Your opinion of GGG and Loma is - "white trash overrated homos"

2. The notion that "Opinions aren't allowed unless you conform" is complete and utter nonsense (see above). Not even Master abuses his position to the point of censoring boxing opinions (he is a childish hater though which is why you've got upset reading his anti-Floyd posts).

Seriously, you know a few popular fighters then come on a forum like this and think it's dead because there's not a million threads about Floyd being TBE or GGG being an overrated great white hype. 40 fighters being discussed, dozens and dozens of fights yet you've commented on TWO - May-Mac and GGG-Canelo.

Try watching some boxing then you'd be able to get involved with the dozens and dozens of other fights and fighters that people are chatting about.
    Wow. You did your research. Haha.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rather than exiting quietly, a "this place sucks!.." on the way out the door, definitely sounds like someone a$$ is chaffed about something. Most of the news sites forums and facebook feeds I read seem to be filled with casuals that have rather polarizing opinions. There are a few knowledgeable people out there willing to back up their opinion, but usually those people get ignored or bombarded with insults by the Keyboard warriors that "know everything" from watching a highlight videos or what kellerman or lampley said. I'm not saying we don't get those here from time to time, but usually they either don't stay long or they kind of get up to speed and tone down the loud baseless stuff and actually settle in and start give opinions back that people are going to respond to. Even if its only just a clicking of the like button as a response.

I used to post on the HBO forums (it was just a mess of people trying to talk over each other with noone listening- all give, no take) before I joined here 12 years ago (wow has it been that long) but I would say I started posting more and more here as the years went by. When someone says something that gets me to jump at the reply button or a thread that has my opinions are flying out of my mouth before my eyes have finished the title, I start typing furiously. There's other threads that i actually might start typing and then just decide not to post because its not really adding anything. My posts can be long winded and may not be everyone's particular brand of vodka, and some people may rebut and others maybe wont even read and just skip, but i don't ever recall having a post deleted or being prohibited from expressing my opinion here. Sometimes people will share your opinion and sometimes they won't and they walk away and leave you to your madness. That's life. We don't always agree, but you can agree to disagree with someone that has presented a good case. The cheeky jabs at one another are just from people that have been dealing with each other for a long time.

I've found this forum to be a club of sorts.. like any other sort of connoisseur based club (cigars, wine/ whiskey, Motorcycle, shooting etc). Everyone's opinion is welcome. It's not the content of your opinion as much as the presentation. If you think Floyd's the best because he's made the most money, sure people will disagree with you. If your claims are baseless but you are obnoxious about it, expect to be called out. If you think Triple G is the best fighter ever, because the punches don't count if they don't drop him... Also expect to be called out as some might think this is a ludicrous claim. In this respect, this forum might be the same in many other places, but i think the difference is many of the public facebook and other social media feeds are more diluted with the casual baseless fanboy opinions, so one more for the pile makes it more interesting. Here, I think many people still come here because they're are tired of weeding through the posts by the drunk party girl that thinks a fighter should win because hes cuter... and posts from another person that thinks Broner will still be a champion because hes gangsta.... or any other kind of unrelated, irrationally biased posts, just to feel like they are talking boxing with someone else that knows boxing.

Having a valued member taken from us too soon is a lot worse than losing a disgruntled member to another forum, in my opinion...
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve never seen censorship. In fact I would prefer to see a bit. There is no place for bigotry in an advanced society but it seems advanced society is largely a myth.

I’d say here the issues would be

1)people become caracatures of themselves over time. So you know what people will say before they speak regardless of the evidence. But that’s natural from getting to know people. Perhaps they don’t even see their own biases. I’m probably as guilty as the next guy

2)too much focus on UK fighters rather than the world. But again, natural. People care about what’s familiar

3)too accepting of status quo. Just because things are a certain way doesn’t mean that’s the right way. Not that every fight should be a super fight. But there are always right fights to make and wrong. Danny Garcia is a perfect example of a guy that consistently makes the wrong fights. And those that look to fight Danny Garcia. Danny should be as irrelevant as Amir Khan at this point. But this too could be simply a different mentality. In USA fans have a higher expectation of fighters than here, probably born of a long history of harder expectations. Maybe what’s right for the fighter should be what’s right for the fans. It’s just not what I grew up with. Maybe I need to evolve to accept soft seat joy with the herd.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saddoboxing is the best boxing forum.

The mods and regulars here are overall better people than the trolls on sites like ESB.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I’ve never seen censorship. In fact I would prefer to see a bit. There is no place for bigotry in an advanced society but it seems advanced society is largely a myth.

1)people become caracatures of themselves over time. So you know what people will say before they speak regardless of the evidence. But that’s natural from getting to know people. Perhaps they don’t even see their own biases. I’m probably as guilty as the next guy

2)too much focus on UK fighters rather than the world. But again, natural. People care about what’s familiar

3)too accepting of status quo. Just because things are a certain way doesn’t mean that’s the right way. Not that every fight should be a super fight. But there are always right fights to make and wrong. Danny Garcia is a perfect example of a guy that consistently makes the wrong fights. And those that look to fight Danny Garcia. Danny should be as irrelevant as Amir Khan at this point. But this too could be simply a different mentality. In USA fans have a higher expectation of fighters than here, probably born of a long history of harder expectations. Maybe what’s right for the fighter should be what’s right for the fans. It’s just not what I grew up with. Maybe I need to evolve to accept soft seat joy with the herd.
    Through the years things change a good fighter is a good fighter regardless of there origin what you expect and what you get are two different
    things.
    The modern era of boxing guys get a title very early in there carers also carers are a lot shorter not many champions go past 30 plus fights theses days ! the Eastern block has opened up and produced some fine fighters.
    The USA no longer dominates the sport a sign of the times a big change in the sport a breath of fresh air a new World order maybe.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1) Never a truer word spoke..oy vey

2) It's a forum started by a Brit and originally populated by Brits. The most prolific posters are Brits. There are a lot of televised fights for British fight fans to watch, which many do religiously and post about in the RBR's here. British boxers are a big part of world boxing, always have been since day one, but now more then ever. Most British Boxing fans will watch fighters and fights form anywhere. The next most prolific posters and greatest in numbers here are Americans and that is bloody great. It is one of the few places online where you lot are not the dominant voice, but this place would not be the same without you, many who have been here since day one.

3) Don't really understand what you mean here? Yes you have a bigger pool to wade through but conversely if you make it in the USA then you have a huge potential home audience. Here in Europe you can dominate and Americans don't even know who you are.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

2) It's a forum started by a Brit and originally populated by Brits. The most prolific posters are Brits. There are a lot of televised fights for British fight fans to watch, which many do religiously and post about in the RBR's here. British boxers are a big part of world boxing, always have been since day one, but now more then ever. Most British Boxing fans will watch fighters and fights form anywhere. The next most prolific posters and greatest in numbers here are Americans and that is bloody great. It is one of the few places online where you lot are not the dominant voice, but this place would not be the same without you, many who have been here since day one.

3) Don't really understand what you mean here? Yes you have a bigger pool to wade through but conversely if you make it in the USA then you have a huge potential home audience. Here in Europe you can dominate and Americans don't even know who you are.
    For 3 I just mean I’d like to see more UK guys put in harder. Having more top fighters there should be more top expectations. Like Frampton saying he would never fight Rigondeaux, I liked him but that will be hard for me to ever let go. It seems many are like “I get it”. When people raise their voices things get done. Just look at Loma/Rigo, people got pissed and now it’s happening.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

For 3 I just mean I’d like to see more UK guys put in harder. Having more top fighters there should be more top expectations. Like Frampton saying he would never fight Rigondeaux, I liked him but that will be hard for me to ever let go. It seems many are like “I get it”. When people raise their voices things get done. Just look at Loma/Rigo, people got pissed and now it’s happening.
    Very fair point. Froch was the same with Ward. Never wanted to rematch him because he knew he couldn't beat him.
    The reason they get away with it, is because they can earn big bucks with fights against lesser guys.
    The reason for that is that the Brit paying public fall for the hype and will blindly back their man to the hilt.
    They throw their money at ppv fights that aren't ppv worthy.
    Is it right? Probably not, but that's the way it is and it doesn't look like changing any time soon.
    As for point #2, like was pointed out the reason the forum is "Brit stacked", is simply because the Brits post more regularly.
    Anyway, back to the OP. @Red Leather Mafia, you've had lots of constructive replies and people asking you questions because they have been polite enough to consider your point of view. You haven't replied once. Either:
    A. Your out of signal area.
    B. You are considering (very slowly) your response.
    C.you didn't get the response you wanted or expected . Or
    D. You were just Trolling.
    Answers on a postcard please.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 10-02-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information