Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lee Selby vs Josh Warrington on BT Sport - 19/5/18 Elland Road

What do people make of Frampton v Warrington? I think its a very good fight. Style should gel and could be a war. I dont really rate Warrington but he gained a lot of respect last night.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    What do people make of Frampton v Warrington? I think its a very good fight. Style should gel and could be a war. I dont really rate Warrington but he gained a lot of respect last night.
    After seeing 20,000 sell out at Leeds I bet they are thinking of defending the title at least once before taking on Frampton.

Warrington fought at his best with a high guard, fast temp and aggression at the end of each round.

Selby was flustered by the cuts caused by head clashes but was sloppy with his chin in the air and hands too low. Worst I have seen him fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

****Warrington is my boy*****

@palmerq I predict you will find a $20 bill today on the sidewalk or outside somewhere on the ground. Let me know if I am right

@Primo Carnera I predict that you live in Brooklyn that I just pretending you are British

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

@palmerq I predict you will find a $20 bill today on the sidewalk or outside somewhere on the ground. Let me know if I am right

@Primo Carnera I predict that you live in Brooklyn that I just pretending you are British
    Fuck me, how did you know? This guy truly is “THE CHOSEN ONE!”
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Fuck me, how did you know? This guy truly is “THE CHOSEN ONE!”
    https://youtu.be/p0WEn9Slh6M

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I found a twenty

Warrington surprised me. Selby looked terrible. I like Warrington/ Frampton. If Frampton can keep it at a distance he can win it. Warrington may draw him into a firefight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warrington v Frampton is a great fight

Good little highlight video of the fight here

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am glad for Josh Warrington that he achieved his dream of winning a world title at his football ground. He had his Bellew moment.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well frankly Selby was shit Warrington was all over him it was a terrible performance the judge that gave Selby the nod must have been pissed or blind or both, I was thinking it was a easy night for Selby but it ended being a nightmare.
    Well done Warrington.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I am glad for Josh Warrington that he achieved his dream of winning a world title at his football ground. He had his Bellew moment.
    You mean won a Cruiserweight title, defended it once, moved up to heavyweight and stopped a former lineal Cruiserweight champ and former heavyweight titlist twice, type of moment?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    You mean won a Cruiserweight title, defended it once, moved up to heavyweight and stopped a former lineal Cruiserweight champ and former heavyweight titlist twice, type of moment?
    No. I mean winning a world title as an underdog in your home city stadium.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warrington can have a very solid run, he'd dream of a run Bellew's been on recently.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warrington can have a very solid run, he'd dream of a run Bellew's been on recently.
    That would be the something like Josh beating Amir Khan twice on PPV and earning a lot of money and celebrity status.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welsh boxer Lee Selby says making the featherweight weight limit has "taken its toll" and he only stayed in the division for "a big pay day".

Selby, 31, was left heavily bloodied by Leeds' Josh Warrington, who claimed the IBF world title at Elland Road.

Selby said he would not fight at the nine-stone level again and instead pursue a title at a heavier weight.

"I lost and I think it is time for me to move up the weights," Selby told BBC Radio Wales.
    Selby, who was cut above both eyes by accidental head clashes inside the first six rounds, could not recover from a superb start by Yorkshireman Warrington, who took a stunning split-decision victory contest 116-112 115-113 113-115.

Having been an overwhelming favourite heading into the fight, Selby now admits it has been a long time since he has boxed at his best, despite successful title defences against Fernando Montiel, Eric Hunter, Jonathan Victor Barros and Eduardo Ramirez, since winning the title in 2015.

Defeat was the second of Selby's career as Britain's longest-reigning world champion lost in his fifth defence.

"I am 31 and getting to the nine-stone limit has obviously taken its toll over the years," said Selby.

"I think it's shown in my last few performances - they have been well below par, well below the standards I set for myself.

"Luckily I've scraped through with my fitness and my skillset, but it was just a matter of time."

Selby was tipped for a summer showdown with Carl Frampton had he been victorious in Leeds, and says it is the prospect of a big pay day that has kept him in the featherweight division.

"I had to stay in the featherweight division because of the high profile and big-money fights that were waiting for me if I got past that last fight," he said.

"But unfortunately I didn't, so now I've got to try and win a world title at a different weight.

"My average weight walking around is 11 and a half stone, around Christmas I was almost 12 stone, so getting down to nine is a big drop for me."

Selby's defeat prompted criticism from ringside observers, including domestic rival Frampton and BBC Radio 5 live summariser Steve Bunce.

"I think Selby and his team need to go away and re-evaluate - they all take a bit of the blame. Selby never adapted, never changed tactics. His body language was wrong and he was constantly complaining," Frampton said.

Bunce added: "The Selby camp need to be taking some long, hard looks at themselves. How did they get it wrong for so many rounds?"

However, Selby says the problems he faced on the night were because of the issues he had making weight and the cuts above both eyes that made it hard for him to see.
    "It was disheartening, no-one wants to lose," he explained.

"I was unfortunate to get caught with a clash of heads early on, so I had a bad cut above my eye and the blood was running into my eyes, so I could hardly see during the fight.

"But I will crack on and get another world title."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/44225454

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welsh boxer Lee Selby says making the featherweight weight limit has "taken its toll" and he only stayed in the division for "a big pay day".

Selby, 31, was left heavily bloodied by Leeds' Josh Warrington, who claimed the IBF world title at Elland Road.

Selby said he would not fight at the nine-stone level again and instead pursue a title at a heavier weight.

"I lost and I think it is time for me to move up the weights," Selby told BBC Radio Wales.
    Selby, who was cut above both eyes by accidental head clashes inside the first six rounds, could not recover from a superb start by Yorkshireman Warrington, who took a stunning split-decision victory contest 116-112 115-113 113-115.

Having been an overwhelming favourite heading into the fight, Selby now admits it has been a long time since he has boxed at his best, despite successful title defences against Fernando Montiel, Eric Hunter, Jonathan Victor Barros and Eduardo Ramirez, since winning the title in 2015.

Defeat was the second of Selby's career as Britain's longest-reigning world champion lost in his fifth defence.

"I am 31 and getting to the nine-stone limit has obviously taken its toll over the years," said Selby.

"I think it's shown in my last few performances - they have been well below par, well below the standards I set for myself.

"Luckily I've scraped through with my fitness and my skillset, but it was just a matter of time."

Selby was tipped for a summer showdown with Carl Frampton had he been victorious in Leeds, and says it is the prospect of a big pay day that has kept him in the featherweight division.

"I had to stay in the featherweight division because of the high profile and big-money fights that were waiting for me if I got past that last fight," he said.

"But unfortunately I didn't, so now I've got to try and win a world title at a different weight.

"My average weight walking around is 11 and a half stone, around Christmas I was almost 12 stone, so getting down to nine is a big drop for me."

Selby's defeat prompted criticism from ringside observers, including domestic rival Frampton and BBC Radio 5 live summariser Steve Bunce.

"I think Selby and his team need to go away and re-evaluate - they all take a bit of the blame. Selby never adapted, never changed tactics. His body language was wrong and he was constantly complaining," Frampton said.

Bunce added: "The Selby camp need to be taking some long, hard looks at themselves. How did they get it wrong for so many rounds?"

However, Selby says the problems he faced on the night were because of the issues he had making weight and the cuts above both eyes that made it hard for him to see.
    "It was disheartening, no-one wants to lose," he explained.

"I was unfortunate to get caught with a clash of heads early on, so I had a bad cut above my eye and the blood was running into my eyes, so I could hardly see during the fight.

"But I will crack on and get another world title."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/44225454
    Yes you hedge your bets 31 and making weight and two bad cuts but he boxed like he had NO boxing ability whatsoever,!!! simple fact is he going to be a force at superfeather there are some tough SOBs at that weight.

Thread Information