Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of Commey’s competition?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What do you think of Commey’s competition?

I mean, Beltran is done, and he is by far the highest rated fighter since Commey’s 2 losses. Tell me why I should believe in him and his competition

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What do you think of Commey’s competition?

It's nothing stellar, I thought he beat both Easter and Shafikov. Both are not elite but very solid fighters. A win over Lopez would probably be his beat win and a nice feather in the cap.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beltran is toast.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watch him fight and draw your conclusion. I also thought he deserved the nod over Easter and Shafikov and keep in mind it was in Moscow. Shafikov was also coming off a demolition of current champ Jamel Herring. Both Mamadjonov and Luna had significant blemish free..Perez v Baha was nip and tuck..pushes leading into Commey and he wrecked them both. Beltran may have been 101 yrs old but he was made for a name scalp first defense. Also Commey was one hand injury away from a presumed Loma fight. If anything Commey has answered many more questions than young Lopez who looked pretty human last out and not hard to miss though he's all but been anointed 'the next' something.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t know if anyone who is naming Commey the next great thing, but he has at least looked good his last few fights and had very close fights with 2 good fighters that could have gone either way. I think that Commey is a good fighter, but I don’t think he is a world beater by any means. I think that Lopez beats him.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm thinking Commey wins this. But it will be a hard fought battle either way.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Just watch him fight and draw your conclusion. I also thought he deserved the nod over Easter and Shafikov and keep in mind it was in Moscow. Shafikov was also coming off a demolition of current champ Jamel Herring. Both Mamadjonov and Luna had significant blemish free..Perez v Baha was nip and tuck..pushes leading into Commey and he wrecked them both. Beltran may have been 101 yrs old but he was made for a name scalp first defense. Also Commey was one hand injury away from a presumed Loma fight. If anything Commey has answered many more questions than young Lopez who looked pretty human last out and not hard to miss though he's all but been anointed 'the next' something.
    Fair enough, but that guy that made Lopez look human is higher rated than any opponent since the 2 losses. At least by Boxrec. Understand I’m not insulting him. I’m just curious what makes him so respected. As stated, your reasons are fair, even if you changed the question because the question you answered is really more relevant

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I choosing Richard Comey to win a knockout

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is the best fight of the weekend. lopez can be explosive, commey appears crude but is effective with what he has and does. more fights like this please
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are 3 big reasons I'm very much looking forward to Lopez-Commey.

1. IMO, it should be a hell of a fight. Two excellent fighters. Should be an action-packed fight.

2. It's not on DAZN.

3. It's on ESPN.

Ok... I realize #2 can be lumped in with #3. I'm just excited I should be able to watch what should be a very good fight. I personally favor Lopez to come out on top.

The winner should hopefully get a Lomachenko fight..... but with Loma being a (cough, gag) "Franchise Champion" and all....... who the hell knows what'll happen to those possibilities.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lopez needs to be impressive here and i think he can do it
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Supposedly it came out that Lopez’ Achilles was pretty bad during his last fight. Maybe it’s an excuse but maybe not. Either way, I still think he looked good the last time out. You aren’t going to blow everyone away.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

1. IMO, it should be a hell of a fight. Two excellent fighters. Should be an action-packed fight.

2. It's not on DAZN.

3. It's on ESPN.

Ok... I realize #2 can be lumped in with #3. I'm just excited I should be able to watch what should be a very good fight. I personally favor Lopez to come out on top.

The winner should hopefully get a Lomachenko fight..... but with Loma being a (cough, gag) "Franchise Champion" and all....... who the hell knows what'll happen to those possibilities.
    I think if Commey wins they try to sell the public that Commey/Loma is for “Undisputed”, if Lopez wins I just can’t see them sacrificing such a good young fighter. Possibly ruining a good earner.

Can we please just start calling franchise championships what they are, protection championships? It’s both insulting as it should be and factually correct.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

2. It's not on DAZN.

3. It's on ESPN.

I think if Commey wins they try to sell the public that Commey/Loma is for “Undisputed”, if Lopez wins I just can’t see them sacrificing such a good young fighter. Possibly ruining a good earner.

Can we please just start calling franchise championships what they are, protection championships? It’s both insulting as it should be and factually correct.
    I'm interested to know who you would have at #1 and #2 at 135, hypothetically does the winner of this fight become #2 for you?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

2. It's not on DAZN.

3. It's on ESPN.

I'm interested to know who you would have at #1 and #2 at 135, hypothetically does the winner of this fight become #2 for you?
    By default yes, there’s no getting around Mikey Garcia leaving the division because TR refused to negotiate, refused to even talk. I don’t think either Commey/Lopez is the 2nd best fighter, or 3rd. But ranking, sure, they would earn the ranking.

Number 1 and 2 at lightweight really are Loma and Garcia. Just, one team refused so Mikey left. On talent Tank is probably next, hell, he might even be the most talented with that speed and power. But until Tank finally mans up we don’t really know how good he is. But on a guess, I think he would smash either Commey or Lopez.

The division has many questions, where is Haney? To act like one guy has answered all the questions with so many of the top guys having not had their chance to make their claim would be a tragedy.

(Edit-don’t mean you imply you are acting in any way, I said acting in regards to an undisputed claim)
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 12-14-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Thread Information