Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Rotton Apple, can you explain the power and damage caused by Canelo recently against these bigger opponents?
    what are you suggesting?
    Seems unnatural.
    unnatural that injuries can occur in a combat sport?
    From a former light middleweight going up the weights and causing that much damage, yes.
    you say former light middleweight. so does that mean you consider canelo a full fledged super middleweight now?
    Canelo is not going down to light middleweight, so he is a supermiddleweight. I stated former because he was never that devastating a puncher at his earlier weight. The damage he is doing now against the bigger opponents is unnatural.
    so would it be safe to say you feel canelo has grown into a super middleweight? did you consider callum & billy joe supper middleweights when canelo fought them?
    Callum was always a big super middleweight that waited too long just for the final pay day. BJS is probably a better middleweight.

Anyway back to the power. How is he doing it?
    so has canelo developed & grown into a super middle weight in your opinion? was callum a super middle weight when canelo fought him? did you consider billy joe a middle weight when canelo fought him by that statement? as to power there could be a few possibilities
    Mate, you need to answer a few questions before asking any. #justsaying
    he made a statement that it seemed unnatural. i am trying to explore his thinking as there could be a few possibilities
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo v Saunders - May 8th Unification fight

I like this game of chicken...

Who will the first to type STEROIDS?!!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm thinking canelo should just move on from caleb & go for artur or dmitry. caleb & al dragging things out
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez could face Dmitry Bivol after Caleb Plant negotiations slow

Canelo Alvarez could be forced to pursue a new opponent in Dmitry Bivol after negotiations with Caleb Plant hit a snag.

The pound-for-pound king is looking to become undisputed champion at super-middleweight, with Plant holding the only belt not owned by the Mexican.

But according to ESPN's Mike Coppinger Alvarez could be forced to fight undefeated Russian Bivol after the initial deadline for a fight contract with Plant to be arranged was missed earlier this week.

“Anytime Canelo wants to fight, there’s a saga, and we know why because the guy he’s going to fight is hitting the lottery, the sweepstake,” said Mike Coppinger to Max on Boxing on who will Alvarez fight next.

"Canelo is steadfast; he wants Caleb Plant. That fight is still being negotiated, but they’ve hit a bit of a snag.

"I’m told the Plan-B is Dimitry Bivol, a title-holder at 175.

"Canelo has no problems going back to 175, where he beat [Sergey] Kovalev, but Plan-A remains Caleb Plant. But right now, we’re going to need an answer by mid…week.”

Alvarez was last seen in the ring in May whe he stopped Brit Billy Joe Saunders, rallying to produce a brutal eighth round stoppage with Saunders retiring on the stool.

His recent resume also includes Callum Smith and Avni Yildirim, with the No.1 ranked boxer fighting three times within a year and remaining the most active among fighters ranked in the top 10.

And Coppinger praised both Alvarez and Bivol, stating that this could be a top fight as the Mexican looks to conquer another top challenge and beat the division's best names.

“I think it is because Bivol isn’t recognised by anybody in America, really. He’s only known to use hardcore fans,” he said.

“He’s very tricky, he has a great jab, and he’s bigger than Canelo. So I would take my hat off to him as well.

“But Canelo has shown, I think he takes it very seriously his status as the biggest star in boxing, and he wants to take on the biggest challenges. I think that’s what we’re going to see once again.

“You got to love that about Canelo. That’s why we thought, ‘Hey, GGG.’ When GGG couldn’t get a fight with another middleweight star, we thought, ‘Canelo will fight him,’ and sure enough, he did, and they made two great fights, and Canelo beat him.”

A busy future lies ahead for the sport's biggest superstar, with YouTuber Jake Paul also calling out the top fighter as part of a 5-year plan for his career in the sport from YouTube stardom.

Since being defeated by Alvarez, former middleweight champion Saunders has considered retiring, but has allowed his dad to make the final decision after he suffered a severely fractured orbital bone.

Canelo could continue to work with Eddie Hearn, after a three-fight deal between the Mexican and Matchroom Boxing expired, but may depend on any potential stumbling block set out by Showtime in relation to their promotion of Plant.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez could face Dmitry Bivol after Caleb Plant negotiations slow

Canelo Alvarez could be forced to pursue a new opponent in Dmitry Bivol after negotiations with Caleb Plant hit a snag.

The pound-for-pound king is looking to become undisputed champion at super-middleweight, with Plant holding the only belt not owned by the Mexican.

But according to ESPN's Mike Coppinger Alvarez could be forced to fight undefeated Russian Bivol after the initial deadline for a fight contract with Plant to be arranged was missed earlier this week.

“Anytime Canelo wants to fight, there’s a saga, and we know why because the guy he’s going to fight is hitting the lottery, the sweepstake,” said Mike Coppinger to Max on Boxing on who will Alvarez fight next.

"Canelo is steadfast; he wants Caleb Plant. That fight is still being negotiated, but they’ve hit a bit of a snag.

"I’m told the Plan-B is Dimitry Bivol, a title-holder at 175.

"Canelo has no problems going back to 175, where he beat [Sergey] Kovalev, but Plan-A remains Caleb Plant. But right now, we’re going to need an answer by mid…week.”

Alvarez was last seen in the ring in May whe he stopped Brit Billy Joe Saunders, rallying to produce a brutal eighth round stoppage with Saunders retiring on the stool.

His recent resume also includes Callum Smith and Avni Yildirim, with the No.1 ranked boxer fighting three times within a year and remaining the most active among fighters ranked in the top 10.

And Coppinger praised both Alvarez and Bivol, stating that this could be a top fight as the Mexican looks to conquer another top challenge and beat the division's best names.

“I think it is because Bivol isn’t recognised by anybody in America, really. He’s only known to use hardcore fans,” he said.

“He’s very tricky, he has a great jab, and he’s bigger than Canelo. So I would take my hat off to him as well.

“But Canelo has shown, I think he takes it very seriously his status as the biggest star in boxing, and he wants to take on the biggest challenges. I think that’s what we’re going to see once again.

“You got to love that about Canelo. That’s why we thought, ‘Hey, GGG.’ When GGG couldn’t get a fight with another middleweight star, we thought, ‘Canelo will fight him,’ and sure enough, he did, and they made two great fights, and Canelo beat him.”

A busy future lies ahead for the sport's biggest superstar, with YouTuber Jake Paul also calling out the top fighter as part of a 5-year plan for his career in the sport from YouTube stardom.

Since being defeated by Alvarez, former middleweight champion Saunders has considered retiring, but has allowed his dad to make the final decision after he suffered a severely fractured orbital bone.

Canelo could continue to work with Eddie Hearn, after a three-fight deal between the Mexican and Matchroom Boxing expired, but may depend on any potential stumbling block set out by Showtime in relation to their promotion of Plant.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

caleb has been the plan for months but he is going to price himself out. canelo needs to look elsewhere

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dmitry Bivol favourite to face Canelo Alvarez after Caleb Plant collapse

Dmitry Bivol could be next in line to fight WBA, WBO and WBC light heavyweight champion Canelo Alvarez after his unification fight against Caleb Plant fell through

Undefeated WBA light heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol is now the frontrunner to face Canelo Alvarez after a fight between the pound-for-pound #1 and Caleb Plant fell through.

Plant was set to fight the WBA, WBO and WBC light heavyweight champion Canelo on September 18, but the unification fight was called off over contract disputes.

The IBF titleholder Plant pointed the blame at Canelo for the collapse of the fight and questioned his motives in the sport.

"It was always agreed that it was a [title] unification; no rematch for either fighter. Towards the end of negotiations they asked for a rematch when they lose, no problem, you can have the rematch as well, I just wanna fight," Plant said.

"I question whether legacy or money is their real motive."

In comes the undefeated Bivol, who won the WBA interim light heavyweight title in 2016 and was promoted to undisputed champion the following year. The Russian picked up his fifth consecutive unanimous decision win in May, defending his title against Craig Richards.

Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn recently appeared on the DAZN Boxing Show and hinted at Canelo vs Bivol.

“There’s been some discussions with Dmitry Bivol over the last few weeks, that’s a good fight at light heavyweight,” Hearn said.

“Up at light heavyweight you’ve got [WBO titleholder] Joe Smith Jr, [WBC and IBF champion] Artur Beterbiev, but I think Bivol would be that frontrunner. He was certainly a guy that I put forward again last night.”

Hearn also touched on the collapsed fight between Canelo and Plant. Whilst September 18 is out of the question for the fight, Hearn stated Canelo wants to unify his titles meaning a fight with Plant could be rescheduled for a later date.

"From our side, I’ve been kept up to speed with the situation with Eddy Reynoso and kind of left the lawyers to deal with that fight. We know the undisputed fight is one that [Alvarez] wants to make." he continued.

“Obviously, it wasn’t able to get over the line for September 18 and now we’ve got to look at either the alternatives or remain working on that fight.

“We’ll see what happens. I spoke to Canelo last night. I spoke to Eddy Reynoso last night. We talked about some other opponents. Of course, I’m still sure that there’s some options to pursue in terms of seeing if the Plant fight is possible, perhaps on another date."

The sport's leading star Canelo has rarely been troubled in the ring since his split decision draw against Gennady Golovkin in 2017. He has picked up stoppage victories in his last two fights, going eight rounds with Billy Joe Saunders in May and dispatching Avni Yildrim in three rounds in February.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...plant-24645837

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he fights Bivol, I will give him every respect. He doesn’t have to take that fight. Could be a cracker.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The sport's leading star Canelo has rarely been troubled in the ring since his split decision draw against Gennady Golovkin in 2017.
    He was certainly troubled in the rematch that he got the decision in too..... :S

It'll be a tough match up v bivol although he is a bit of a smaller light heavyweight and you never know what weight clause will be in there, although I don't think it'd matter much for bivol anyway.. Bivol is quick and moves pretty good though so it's a bad match up for alvarez there, good on him if he takes that on.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a difficult opponent to take on for Canelo so respect of he follows through on it. Although Artur Beterbiev would be more dangerous.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo won't be fighting in september. maybe artur & dmitry can fight each other

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's hoping Canelo smashes BJS up and into retirement! Really don't like the fact that he is going to get a hefty payday, but he's whats in the way of Canelo holding all those titles and that's his current aim.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ngoisaogiadinh View Post
    Here's hoping Canelo smashes BJS up and into retirement! Really don't like the fact that he is going to get a hefty payday, but he's whats in the way of Canelo holding all those titles and that's his current aim.
    well canelo did smash him & there is still a possibility of retiring him

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo Alvarez’s next fight pushed back to November as Vasyl Lomachenko’s target opponent is reported

Canelo Alvarez has scrapped his plans to fight in September after talks with Caleb Plant collapsed.

Mexico’s pound-for-pound king has run through the super-middleweight division like a steam train since returning to 168lbs in December.

Canelo dominated Callum Smith to take his WBA title and win the vacant WBC.

He then battered overmatched mandatory Avni Yildirim in February and stopped Billy Joe Saunders by breaking his eye socket in May.

With the Saunders win, Canelo became a three-belt WBA, WBC and WBO champion, needing just the IBF to be fully undisputed.

Step forward current champion Caleb Plant.

Talks were progressing well with a deal close for the bout, only for discussions to hit a late snag over requests from the Mexican which Plant’s representatives did not find acceptable.

With Plant out of the picture, Canelo moved on to talks with WBA light-heavyweight champion Dmitry Bivol and, again, a deal was close.

However, he has now decided to push his date back to November and so talks with Plant have been reignited as they seek a solution to their impasse.

Due to his free agent status, the 31-year-old has been able to compete on whichever network he chooses since his release from Golden Boy last year.

Canelo has worked with Eddie Hearn on DAZN for the Smith, Yildirim and Saunders fights.

It’s likely he will jump over and work with Al Haymon’s PBC on FOX PPV to face Plant.

Elsewhere, Vasyl Lomachenko is planning his next fight.

Loma was unexpectedly dethroned by Teofimo Lopez last October and returned to the ring in June by beating Masayoshi Nakatani.

He’d hoped for a rematch at the end of this year, but Lopez caught COVID and so has had to push back his mandatory defence against George Kambosos Jr.

According to ESPN, Loma is now in ‘advanced talks’ for a fight with Richard Commey on Dec 11.

Victory would likely set up the Lopez rematch for spring 2022.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...yl-lomachenko/

Thread Information