Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like Pacquiao is going to fight David Diaz in March-thoughts?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Looks like Pacquiao is going to fight David Diaz in March-thoughts?

According to the Philippine Inquirer, Manny Pacquiao is now negotiating with WBC lightweight titlist David Diaz. The Inquirer also states that Juan Manuel Marquez and Juan Diaz have been dropped as possible opponents. Most likely, this has much to do with Pacquiao’s demands in purse percentage. Manny has not been shy to make his demands public and was admittedly very unhappy with his cut vs. Juan Manuel Marquez, even though he still received the majority. Beating David Diaz would give Pacquiao a title belt in yet another weight class. This would not be such an easy task however, as Diaz is clearly the bigger man and just defeated Eric Morales via unanimous decision.

Source: Hermie Rivera, Inquirer.net

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Looks like Pacquiao is going to fight David Diaz in March-thoughts?

Disappointed that he ducked JMM and also disappointed that he went with the weakest of the champs at Lightweight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    This would not be such an easy task however, as Diaz is clearly the bigger man and just defeated Eric Morales via unanimous decision.

Only because of 3 dodgy judges did Diaz beat Morales. Otherwise he got outboxed and knocked on his ass by a guy many, including myself, considered shot.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Disappointed that he ducked JMM and also disappointed that he went with the weakest of the champs at Lightweight.
    lol, there are only 2 Champions at Lightweight (Coz Juan the man owns all 3), and after his last fight, me thinks even David Diaz would have his way with Casamayor.

I'm sorry, but Manny is ducking this. Really he has no excuse. JMM, Juan Diaz, Guzman and Valero are better fights.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn
    This would not be such an easy task however, as Diaz is clearly the bigger man and just defeated Eric Morales via unanimous decision.

Only because of 3 dodgy judges did Diaz beat Morales. Otherwise he got outboxed and knocked on his ass by a guy many, including myself, considered shot.

lol, there are only 2 Champions at Lightweight (Coz Juan the man owns all 3), and after his last fight, me thinks even David Diaz would have his way with Casamayor.

I'm sorry, but Manny is ducking this. Really he has no excuse. JMM, Juan Diaz, Guzman and Valero are better fights.
    Coool Click.David Diaz lost toa SHOT Erik Morales and was losing to Jose Armando Sant Cruz until Santa Cruz gassed. If Manny does fight David next,he would have fought shot Morales,a pointless rematch with MAB,Jorge Solis and David Diaz in his last 4 fights? What you think of that?As long as Mayweather beats Hatton,that secures his tenure as P4P number 1 for a while in my book.No way Manny overtakes him with last 4 fights like that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only because of 3 dodgy judges did Diaz beat Morales. Otherwise he got outboxed and knocked on his a** by a guy many, including myself, considered shot.

Coool Click.David Diaz lost toa SHOT Erik Morales and was losing to Jose Armando Sant Cruz until Santa Cruz gassed. If Manny does fight David next,he would have fought shot Morales,a pointless rematch with MAB,Jorge Solis and David Diaz in his last 4 fights? What you think of that?As long as Mayweather beats Hatton,that secures his tenure as P4P number 1 for a while in my book.No way Manny overtakes him with last 4 fights like that.
    back atcha. I expected a few sadclicks for saying that. I know Manny has his fans, and I like him, but I couldn't abide by that fight. I'd argue Calzaghe, Hopkins & Cotto have all done more to push into the top 3 p4p than Manny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SALUD: PACQUIAO'S NEXT OPPONENT STILL UP IN THE AIR!
    By Dong Secuya
    PhilBoxing.com
    Wed, 21 Nov 2007

CEBU CITY -- Manny Pacquiao's close friend and confidant Rex "Wakee" Salud belied reports that Team Pacquiao has already picked WBC lightweight champ David Diaz as Pacquiao's next opponent.

read the entire article:
    http://philboxing.com/news/story-13833.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Either way KK,despite being offered the majority of the purse v JMM(57-43 split in favour of Manny according to boxing talk) David Diaz is still being cosidered? JMM,Guzman,Valero and Juan Diaz are all better opponents.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guzman v Marquez anyone
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Diaz Robbed Morales and shouldnt hold i title, I think pac Should fight Marquez and by skipping him to fight someone who imo doesnt deserve to be champion is even worse, Its no challenge for pac and the first time in his career if he takes this fight i will genuinely show disrespect for him
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been a pretty strong supporter of Manny's right to be a top p4p fighter, mostly on the strength of his opposition. I'm pretty upset he's dodging JMM like this - that drops his stock considerably, IMO.

Fight Marquez, and he gets a couple of in between fights as he adjusts to LW. Otherwise, he's just taking the easy way out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Either way KK,despite being offered the majority of the purse v JMM(57-43 split in favour of Manny according to boxing talk) David Diaz is still being cosidered? JMM,Guzman,Valero and Juan Diaz are all better opponents.
    i never heard that there was already a purse offer. anyways if it is 57-43 i don't think it would cut it. manny deserves no less than 60-40, more imo. this news about the diaz fight being almost a done deal i think is just leverage to force jmm to take a even lesser cut. i have a feeling we'll still see the marquez rematch on march.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KKisser
    i never heard that there was already a purse offer. anyways if it is 57-43 i don't think it would cut it. manny deserves no less than 60-40, more imo. this news about the diaz fight being almost a done deal i think is just leverage to force jmm to take a even lesser cut. i have a feeling we'll still see the marquez rematch on march.
    You have to be kidding me? On what basis? Marquez holds the title, and fought Manny to a draw. Marquez has a great record. Yeah Manny is the bigger draw, but he needs to realise that fighting David Diaz is less of a draw, and fighting Marquez is what will bring the money to the table. More than 60-40 in favour of Manny is a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have to be kidding me? On what basis? Marquez holds the title, and fought Manny to a draw. Marquez has a great record. Yeah Manny is the bigger draw, but he needs to realise that fighting David Diaz is less of a draw, and fighting Marquez is what will bring the money to the table. More than 60-40 in favour of Manny is a joke.
    i heard manny is asking for a guaranteed $5M. let's just say manny gets guaranteed $4M, if jmm turns down half of that and fights someone else for less than a mil, now that would be the joke.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i heard manny is asking for a guaranteed $5M. let's just say manny gets guaranteed $4M, if jmm turns down half of that and fights someone else for less than a mil, now that would be the joke.
    At the moment, I've heard news of 1 opponent JMM wants to fight. Pacquiao is the one looking the other way right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and oh, last time i heard david diaz holds a title too.

Thread Information