Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Spence is better than Crawford?

Spence is back to his best against Ugas. He dominated the contest and looked spectacular. I always felt he was the best Welterweight in the world and would beat Crawford before his car crash/surgery. This dominant performance shows he will unify and become the undisputed champion.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spence is better than Crawford?

There is a trend of many people are coming off that Spence win like he's unstoppable now. I'm not saying he had a crap performance. I liked the body work, but he still didn't look like what people exalting him as. Then again, that could just be me. Don't think I was ever on his bandwagon. It seemed like one of his biggest accomplishments before was rumors of his sparring match with mayweather. I didn't put a whole lot of stock in the Garcia win or the brook win due to weight disparities. He's a solid southpaw with good bodywork and probably better than most.

I also see that he often over extends himself on shots, his balance isn't great and he thinks too much. Maybe its just me. If Crawford can avoid that liver shot, and start early (for once), and doesn't go straight back, I think he finds spence pretty easy every time he drops his hands to do his body work and adjusts quicker. That's if all this contract stuff hasn't gone to Bud's ego and he stays grounded. Just my opinion, I could be wrong
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Spence is back to his best against Ugas. He dominated the contest and looked spectacular. I always felt he was the best Welterweight in the world and would beat Crawford before his car crash/surgery. This dominant performance shows he will unify and become the undisputed champion.
    If you think Crawford would stand there and box with Spence like Ugas did, then you are crazier than I thought. Crawford will probably outbox Spence and it may not even be close if Crawford comes in hot and heavy!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    There is a trend of many people are coming off that Spence win like he's unstoppable now. I'm not saying he had a crap performance. I liked the body work, but he still didn't look like what people exalting him as. Then again, that could just be me. Don't think I was ever on his bandwagon. It seemed like one of his biggest accomplishments before was rumors of his sparring match with mayweather. I didn't put a whole lot of stock in the Garcia win or the brook win due to weight disparities. He's a solid southpaw with good bodywork and probably better than most.

I also see that he often over extends himself on shots, his balance isn't great and he thinks too much. Maybe its just me. If Crawford can avoid that liver shot, and start early (for once), and doesn't go straight back, I think he finds spence pretty easy every time he drops his hands to do his body work and adjusts quicker. That's if all this contract stuff hasn't gone to Bud's ego and he stays grounded. Just my opinion, I could be wrong
    lol.. they always do this after a fight.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

‘The time is now’ – Terence Crawford wants Errol Spence Jr fight immediately with all belts on the line

TERENCE CRAWFORD insists the "time is now" for an undisputed super-fight against Errol Spence Jr.

Crawford wants to battle Spence Jr for all the belts and is so sure he is ready he doesn't need any "tune-up fights".

The American boxer told ESPN: "I'm going straight into it. I don't want no tune-up fights. I don't want nothing.

"I wanna go straight into it… It's time to happen. The time is now for undisputed.”

Spence Jr is also keen for the fight after recently adding the WBA belt to the WBC and IBF straps.

That is after the American defeated Yordenis Ugas with a stoppage in the tenth round last month.

The Truth has called out Crawford as the WBO title is the only thing standing in his way of undisputed supremacy.

Spence Jr said: “Everybody knows who I want next, I want Terence Crawford next.

“That’s the fight that I want, that’s the fight that everybody else wants and like I said, I’m going to get these straps.

“I’m going to go over there and take his s*** too. Terence, I’m coming for that motherf***ing belt.”

Responding on Twitter, Crawford posted: "Congratulations great fight now the real fight happens.

"No more talk no more side of the street let’s go.

"Keep my belts warm I’ll be coming to grab em later this year."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18431...nce-jr-boxing/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A few thoughts/observations:
    1. I think Bud is the “better” fighter- meaning more skilled and having more dimensions in the ring. Doesn’t mean he is guaranteed to win, Spence is the bigger man and punches HARD. Spence is also very skilled, but I feel Crawford has a little more in his tool box.
    2. If Spence has a round against Crawford like he did in the 6th vs Ugas he doesn’t make it out of the round. Bud is a killer, especially when he senses any kind of weakness or trouble for the other fighter.
    3. This is a pick ‘‘em fight and each guy will be the toughest fighter the other has ever faced. I don’t see any way this fight doesn’t live up to the hype- this won’t be Manny vs Floyd, Oscar vs Tito…etc.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    A few thoughts/observations:
    1. I think Bud is the “better” fighter- meaning more skilled and having more dimensions in the ring. Doesn’t mean he is guaranteed to win, Spence is the bigger man and punches HARD. Spence is also very skilled, but I feel Crawford has a little more in his tool box.
    2. If Spence has a round against Crawford like he did in the 6th vs Ugas he doesn’t make it out of the round. Bud is a killer, especially when he senses any kind of weakness or trouble for the other fighter.
    3. This is a pick ‘‘em fight and each guy will be the toughest fighter the other has ever faced. I don’t see any way this fight doesn’t live up to the hype- this won’t be Manny vs Floyd, Oscar vs Tito…etc.
    As long as the fight is made now and not years down the line.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Up until the Garcia match (which I'm guilty of calling an over glorified basic mismatch) I had never seen that backfoot and patient calculating range boxing of Spence. But it was also all one way traffic. On it's face I think Bud is the more versatile, well rounded fluid and has more gears on the stick to go thru. He's also one of the brutal finishers going today. But I give the mental make up to Spence. He has an almost unshakable 'real' confidence and calm about what he can do and when he can do it. Bud clowns on occasion, he can coast and for as bad as Spence was rocked by Ugas we tend to forget how often Bud was caught and clearly legit dropped by the right hand of Kavaliauskas. Both have shown top notch recoup abilities and an immediate ability to pick up right where they left off. Spence does still have spots where he stays pretty high up, on the way in when he has a guy pressed to the ropes. Of the two I give the inside game to Spence but Ugas was a good blueprint style for Bud to game on. His footwork, subtle two step back and slide off and timing is going to be a struggle for Spence. A super fight that needs to be made finally. A battle between heart and mind as I very much like both guys. Make this fight!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both guys have a certain “energy” and confidence that are palpable but different. Spence always displays a quiet confidence- a half smile where he looks like he is walking out to a forgone conclusion and knows something the other guy doesn’t. I will never forget Crawford’s ring walk out to fight Shawn Porter- he had this amped up energy and supreme confidence about him- like he was savoring the moment. That ring walk reminded me of Pernell Whitakers ring walk to fight Julio Caesar Chavez- it a doubt in the world and an excitement to get in the ring and dominate.

Everything about these two contrast well. I agree this has to happen now- and I think it will. Both seem to be fixated on each other, and don’t seem to want to hear about anyone else.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The scorecards in the ladies fight at the weekend confirms yet again that top level judges know their job is to if at all possible come up with the result that generates the maximum possible revenue/future options for the revenue generating fighter. And that's just how it is.

Taking that into account I think there's massive potential for this to be a trilogy in the making. Neither guy is likely to be in a bigger revenue generating fight afterwards so why not do the same massive fight three times? If they can make it to twelve rounds I can see a controversial decision that opens up a rematch. They'll get at least two fights out of it.

If it does end inside the distance I think Crawford will win. His defence is so good that if Spence is getting on top Crawford can fight not to get knocked out and still keep it close on the cards. Add on his ability to finish a fight when there's an opening and I think he's got the upper hand here.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could this be the making of an Oscar v Tito?

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Could this be the making of an Oscar v Tito?
    Hopefully not. That ended up not a classic contest for the size of the event and a disputed decision.

I thought Tito won it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like most I think Bud is the better, more versatile fighter. But he did spend a good amount of time at LW. And Spence has always been a big WW. So is it better fighter winning or better fighter at the weight? Can’t wait

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terence Crawford has declared that he now fully believes the Errol Spence fight will happen next.

The WBO welterweight world champion has been calling for the fight with his American rival for the past few years, but promotional obstacles have stood in the way.

Now that Crawford is a free agent and Spence has successfully collected the other three belts in the division as WBA, WBC and IBF champion, the pair are finally expected to meet.

Crawford told Shawn Porter on his Porter Way Podcast: “I’m excited about it, man, I just can’t wait until the contract gets signed and I get to go to training camp.

“Just picturing myself walking down that aisle to put on a great show.

“Because I know me. And I’ve been waiting for this moment all my life – to show everybody that doubts me who Terence Crawford is.

“It’s right there, it’s right there.”

Asked how confident he is that the fight will now finally get made, Crawford said: “I’m always 100 per cent confident. This year.

“I meant what I said, once I beat Spence, if Jermell Charlo don’t move up, I’m coming for him.

“I heard he won, congratulations to Charlo, but he’s on my hitlist.

“I’ve got two people on my hitlist, Spence first and then Jermell.”

Charlo is now the undisputed WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO super-welterweight champion.

Crawford previously won all four belts at super-lightweight (140lbs).

He is now aiming to face Spence and look to repeat the feat at welterweight (147lbs).

Then, his next goal will be to move up and do it for a third time in a third successive division at super-welterweight (154lbs).

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/1...-spence-fight/

Thread Information