Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kubrat Pulev v Hughie Fury: IBF eliminator FREE-TO-AIR, Channel 5 - 27/10/18

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kubrat Pulev v Hughie Fury: IBF eliminator FREE-TO-AIR, Channel 5 - 27/10/18

The younger Fury is a man of few words but he knows how formidable a challenge he faces in Pulev, the gnarled 37-year-old hardman who rarely leaves Bulgaria or Germany and who frightens more challengers away than are willing to take him on. The IBF ordered him to fight this eliminator – being televised by Channel 5 – against Dominic Breazeale but the American did not fancy it; talks with Dillian Whyte and Jarrell Miller then broke down, and then up stepped Fury.

As he said on Wednesday before heading for Sofia, “We tried to get straight back out there [after a controversial points loss to Joseph Parker], and the only person who wanted to take the fight at the time was Sam Sexton. We took that one just to get back. And same here, we took the first one. Straight in.”

It is a gamble, no question. Pulev has lost only against Wladimir Klitschko, who stopped him in five rounds four years ago, and has beaten among many quality opponents Samuel Peter, Dereck Chisora, Tony Thompson, Michael Sprott, Alexander Ustinov and Alexander Dimitrenko.

As Fury says: “He’s tough, very experienced. He doesn’t really like to come out of his back garden, so people don’t like to go there. It doesn’t bother me where the fight’s at, or who it’s against. It’s a fight.”

Going to Bulgaria does not daunt Fury; he first visited when he was 14. “We’ve got some close friends over there.

Fury has not had an easy rise, although he insists he has fully recovered from a rare skin disease that threatened to end his career. “I’ve never felt better. It took quite a while to get over it. What happened was I got rid of it and it just took my body a while to get back to where it is now, to get back to full strength. It was a virus that poisoned my system. I was ill all the time.”

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Kubrat Pulev v Hughie Fury: IBF eliminator FREE-TO-AIR, Channel 5 - 27/10/18

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    The younger Fury is a man of few words
    Compared to Tyson maybe, but I don't think anyone in that entire family lacks in gum flappin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kubrat Pulev v Hughie Fury: IBF eliminator FREE-TO-AIR, Channel 5 - 27/10/18

War Fury brev

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Undercard -

Tervel Pulev vs Leonardo Damian Bruzzese

Savannah Marshall vs Yanina Orozco

Bogdan Dinu vs Tom Little

Stiliyan Kostov vs Yosif Panov

Spas Genov vs Konstantin Semerdjiev

Luka Pupek vs Daniel Rashdan

Danail Stanoev vs Lorenzo Parra

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only name I recognize on there is Lorenzo Parra, who used to be an excellent fighter. Just boxreced him, and he’s on a 13 fight losing streak 40 is Fossil age for little guys generally, he must need money. Sad.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Only name I recognize on there is Lorenzo Parra, who used to be an excellent fighter. Just boxreced him, and he’s on a 13 fight losing streak 40 is Fossil age for little guys generally, he must need money. Sad.
    Yea I remember him at 112 years ago.

Dinu needs to step up.

Pulev/ Fury is a tough pick for me. I think Pulev edges it if he has anything left. Fury has been in his best form recently.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FREE-TO-AIR, Channel 5 we should be celebrating this fact and glad that it is not on a you tube channel.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    FREE-TO-AIR, Channel 5 we should be celebrating this fact and glad that it is not on a you tube channel.
    Youtube streams are great if they're free.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    True, Hughie fough Parker on it but it was poorly received. Nothing better than national TV exposure on a mainstream channel.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True, Hughie fough Parker on it but it was poorly received. Nothing better than national TV exposure on a mainstream channel.
    Weren't they charging for that fight?

There have been a number of free streams lately. It's starting to gain momentum.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There have been a number of free streams lately. It's starting to gain momentum.
    Yes it was with a charge which would explain why no one watched it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes the greedy bastards charged for it but only Hearn gets criticism for PPVs even though his undercards are better than most main events (UK).

Unfortunately this will be a stinker.

Pulev wins a decision - 65% agree. Team Fury cry and scream "robbery" because of racism for the gypsy man - 10% agree. 25% think it could have gone either way.

100% agree they never want to see it again.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Hughie pulls this off (I think he wins on points) then we've got both Furys in the position of challenging for a World title.
    Who'd have thought that this time last year?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Hughie pulls this off (I think he wins on points) then we've got both Furys in the position of challenging for a World title.
    @ross
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    @ross
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information