Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Floyd vs berto is ppv thoughts ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd vs berto is ppv thoughts ?

I would not ever spend the money to buy this fight. I honestly don't know if I would even spend 5 dollars on it. It won't be exciting and Floyd will easily win. It isn't a good win either. It does nothing for him. Like others have said, if it were free, I'm all for it. No way I would buy a PPV though.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Floyd is like a Wall Street banker. The definition of insanity is to allow the same people to rob you and rob you and then rob you again.

How have YOU been robbed by a guy who fights the same style every fight?
    Floyd Mayweather has never robbed me. Mayweather got rich by fleecing people inordinate sums based on deception. It's a snakeskin trickster game and it's a shame that at 38 he is still getting away with it. Andre Berto PPV. And it will sell!
    Though admittedly Floyd does have several good wins. However, there are many, many fights that are sheer trickery. Baldomir, Ortiz, Marquez, Gatti etc. These were con tricks.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is like a Wall Street banker. The definition of insanity is to allow the same people to rob you and rob you and then rob you again.

Floyd Mayweather has never robbed me. Mayweather got rich by fleecing people inordinate sums based on deception. It's a snakeskin trickster game and it's a shame that at 38 he is still getting away with it. Andre Berto PPV. And it will sell!
    I'd bet 2 million of the +4 million ppv buys for Manny/Floyd were purchased based solely on that very sentiment. That is the hook. For 18 years this guy has managed to pull the wool over everyone's eyes while they purchased tickets thinking this was the night they would see him lose. Those shifty Magicians that fool us some of the time have nothing on this guy. He fools us all the time and with dominance. Senses completely muted by the guy for close to 2 decades. Brilliant.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For boxing fans this is a joke, but I can understand it from the networks perspective, as a shameless expirement. Aside from Pacquiao, Canelo, and DLH, pretty well all of Floyds PPV's in recent years were sold entirely on his name and brand, like it or not. Adding to that: The Pac fight did what, twice as many buys as any other fight ever? Of course most of the reaction ws negative, but it was still such massive exposure that there could be some carry over from it. I wouldn't be surprised if this sold a lot more than one would expect, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Floyds lowest selling PPV ever either, I guess Showtime is confident it will be the former. Wonder how many buys they need to make a decent profit, after you take in Floyds base pay and all that.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    As I said in other posts, Floyd wasn't wrong to fight a gimme for his last fight, as long as it was free. This fight on PPV You are a moron if you buy it. A dumb ass. Period. Gross rip off. Worst PPV card since Butterbean fought.

How is Floyd vs Berto any different than Pacquiao vs Rios?

Which was also a PPV!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is he fleecing people? What is the deception?
    He fights in virtually the same masterful style in every fight.
    Boxing fans and the general public can look up his opponent's records on Boxrec or watch prediction videos on YouTube and if they really care to be informed then they watch the opponent's previous fights.
    Where's the fleecing? Where's the deception?
    Floyd says he's TBE and he dismantles every opponent and beats them by wide margins almost every time.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing fans and the general public can look up his opponent's records on Boxrec or watch prediction videos on YouTube and if they really care to be informed then they watch the opponent's previous fights.
    Floyd says he's TBE and he dismantles every opponent and beats them by wide margins almost every time.
    The deception is that these are fights where the outcome is obvious. Why else would you call up Marquez 2 weight classes and still not make weight yourself? In all of these areas Floyd wants to be the boss. It is a deception to not fight on an even playing field. Sure people can be like us and know the history and the methods in the deception game, but most people do not. Most people do not understand 'money' and the marketing game that distorts. Most knew that Gatti had no chance, that Hatton was not a WW, that Baldomir was a fluke, that Ortiz was green and dumb, that Marquez was too small etc. Floyd does all of this knowing exactly what we know and what most are too busy to know about or are just too ignorant to even care. This Berto fight is another example of it. There is NO demand for this fight and yet here it is PPV because we all know exactly what is wrong with Andre Berto as we have taken the time to see all the flaws in the wins and the ensuing losses that come with it. It is a deception.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The deception is that these are fights where the outcome is obvious. Why else would you call up Marquez 2 weight classes and still not make weight yourself? In all of these areas Floyd wants to be the boss. It is a deception to not fight on an even playing field. Sure people can be like us and know the history and the methods in the deception game, but most people do not. Most people do not understand 'money' and the marketing game that distorts. Most knew that Gatti had no chance, that Hatton was not a WW, that Baldomir was a fluke, that Ortiz was green and dumb, that Marquez was too small etc. Floyd does all of this knowing exactly what we know and what most are too busy to know about or are just too ignorant to even care. This Berto fight is another example of it. There is NO demand for this fight and yet here it is PPV because we all know exactly what is wrong with Andre Berto as we have taken the time to see all the flaws in the wins and the ensuing losses that come with it. It is a deception.
    Boo Hoo! You're all just too busy or too dumb! HaHAHaHa. Give me a break! There's no deception.
    If you don want to watch his fights then don't watch the fights Miles! Go watch some mid 90's Suede concerts or just wear your wife's bra around the house until the inevitable outcome of the fight and cry about for weeks after.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boo Hoo! You're all just too busy or too dumb! HaHAHaHa. Give me a break! There's no deception.
    If you don want to watch his fights then don't watch the fights Miles! Go watch some mid 90's Suede concerts or just wear your wife's bra around the house until the inevitable outcome of the fight and cry about for weeks after.
    Isn't it the truth? We all know that this fight is a hocus pocus deception and will not buy it, but a lot of people out there will. Are they all hardcore Mayweather fans? Or is it simply that they think 'That Mayweather chap, isn't he undefeated and the TBE? That's what they say on TV! I've seen a few of his fights and they were dull, but heck they say he is the greatest beating that guy who wouldn't throw any punches!'. Isn't that why most people buy useless crap that they do not need? Isn't a Mayweather/ Berto fight just another like that? It isn't meaningful. Likewise on your music theme isn't that why bands play the greatest hits at festivals? Because the general public only know the singles despite an exceptional setlist? Boxing always treats the fans as though they are stupid and bands often do the same at festivals. It gets reduced until all meaning and nuance is washed away entirely. Mayweather/Berto is like a band at a festival. It has no meaning to a fan of boxing. It is taking the piss Calzaghe/Manfredo style.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't it the truth? We all know that this fight is a hocus pocus deception and will not buy it, but a lot of people out there will. Are they all hardcore Mayweather fans? Or is it simply that they think 'That Mayweather chap, isn't he undefeated and the TBE? That's what they say on TV! I've seen a few of his fights and they were dull, but heck they say he is the greatest beating that guy who wouldn't throw any punches!'. Isn't that why most people buy useless crap that they do not need? Isn't a Mayweather/ Berto fight just another like that? It isn't meaningful. Likewise on your music theme isn't that why bands play the greatest hits at festivals? Because the general public only know the singles despite an exceptional setlist? Boxing always treats the fans as though they are stupid and bands often do the same at festivals. It gets reduced until all meaning and nuance is washed away entirely. Mayweather/Berto is like a band at a festival. It has no meaning to a fan of boxing. It is taking the piss Calzaghe/Manfredo style.

Are the fans stupid and lazy or not? Make up your mind!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I said in other posts, Floyd wasn't wrong to fight a gimme for his last fight, as long as it was free. This fight on PPV You are a moron if you buy it. A dumb ass. Period. Gross rip off. Worst PPV card since Butterbean fought.

Which was also a PPV!
    It's not I think it's basically the same but it's just Floyd is on another level to pacman or anyone else for that matter I personally rate him as the best ever I don't care what anyone says, I've seen them all and floyds the best. People just expect that bit more from him. Pacman fighting rios and algeri was a joke but I didn't complain because I don't think pacman is as good as most and I honestly believe is his prime he was on steroids there's no doubt in my mind. So a pacman not on steroids is just a good fighter nothing more.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Which was also a PPV!
    It's no different. People were stupid to buy that fight as well. Same with Pac vs Algieri. Bad decisions (to purchase the fights). I hope this fight tanks. Not because I hate Floyd, but because the sport needs to get the message that $50 and higher PPV is good for big match ups/great cards, but not every big name fighter deserves the money that comes from beating bums up on PPV. If this PPV tanks, in addition to the ones that tanked for Manny (Rios/Algieri), Arum, Golden Boy, Haymon...etc., will get the message.
    Last edited by mikeeod; 08-05-2015 at 04:52 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not happy about Floyd fighting Berto, I don't think anybody is so much bigger than the sport that they "Earn the right to take a Gimme." Boxing is a competitive sport with a lot of money being thrown about, it is not only disrespectful, but also potentially dangerous to have mismatches. I know Floyd isn't a heavy puncher and you might laugh at the "Danger" comment, but I also believe it's dangerous for Floyd or anyone else to potentially go into a fight taking it lightly and not training adequately.
    However, all this "Floyd is conning the public" business is bollocks. Floyd may be powerful in the sport, but it's not his decision to make this ppv, that's down to the TV companies. Next Floyd will get the Blame for Global Recession! basically, you have a choice, Pay or don't pay. I wouldn't pay, but each to their own.
    as for all the people who paid for the Floyd v Manny fight and felt robbed, well they must be plain fucking stupid!
    a.) everybody should've seen that that's the type of fight it would be. I did , I paid and I didn't feel robbed. and
    b.) if there is any blame for it being a damp squib, that has to be entirely down to Pacquiao. Floyd is there to win, he won and took no collateral damage, isn't that what it's all about? or do you think he should deliberately try and get hurt just to please everyone?
    Pac went down a lot in my estimation , not only because he was awful on the night, but then he talked like a cunt after it. If he picked up an injury prior to the fight , he shouldn't have got in the ring, and if he thinks he won the fight, he is fucking deluded.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd and this PPV can go kick rocks
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually think this is a wind up. I mean, Berto? Is this a ploy just to get people in his camp to look at the things his trainer, Virgil Hunter does. In light of preparing for Kahn? I know he has a supposed history of that.

Yeah okay, admittedly I must be dazed and confused but it just makes no sense to put Berto on PPV

I guess I'll watch the fight. On YouTube.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information