Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Social Platform Vs. Media

Definition - What does Social Platform mean?
    A social platform is a web-based technology that enables the development, deployment and management of social media solutions and services. It provides the ability to create social media websites and services with complete social media network functionality

Media:
    the main means of mass communication (broadcasting, publishing, and the internet) regarded collectively.

Its' a business, if you don't like who they promote or reject, then don't buy/use it.

Today in America, the current Prez shows his true bitch-like qualities by crying & whimpering on what each prez went through: negative coverage.

So, how did the founding dudes deal with it?

General George read negative coverage on him depicted as a traitor. Thomas Jefferson was called a N-word lover , mean spirited and a lowlife. He helped to start National Gazette that attacked Hamilton.

Secretary of War Henry Knox brought a copy of the paper into a meeting called “The Funeral of George Washington” which described a tyrannical executive on a guillotine. The Aurora was published by Benjamin Franklin’s grandson, Benjamin Franklin Bache, made the paper a mission to “destroy undue impressions in favor of Mr. Washington.”

If old punk ass pumpkin-man had lived in that day, check out what was said about the 1st prez of USA:

The Aurora published an article claiming the 1st Prez was arrogant, stupid, loved monarchy, a lousy general, a lukewarm patriot, incompetent executive, & he was accused of intentionally undermining the U.S. Constitution. As one of their correspondents wrote: “If ever a nation was debauched by a man, the American nation has been debauched by WASHINGTON! . . . Let the history of the federal government instruct mankind that the mask of patriotism may be worn to conceal the foulest designs against the liberties of a people.”

A letter preserved of President Washington reveals IMO what a real man and leader would've said, I quote: "...this kind of representations is an evil which must be placed in opposition to the infinite benefits resulting from a free Press.”

In other words, he did not think he could or should declare war on it. He used free speech to compromise what he felt were lies to that of the truth, for if he felt he himself was the bearer of truth, then he is complicit in denying just that (free speech) to identify each own as to what was truth and what was false.

Now in USA we have a prez who flaunts his disdain for media on social platforms (coincidentally created by liberals) to execute the media as incompetent, fake & false. It seems as if he wants to ride ALL media that speaks ill of him.
    Just consider the 1st time he accused media.

In 2016 it was FOX after Megyn Kelly questioned how he spoke on other's infidelity, but not his own. She was canned. And they became his launch pad. If FB or Twitter bans who the POTUS likes, they are accused of media bias in favor of an ideolog only (liberalism). If they acquiesce, then they are spared his verbal wrath.

And wherever tyrants ruled? Are the places where free speech was ruled a lie & there democracy and truth died.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Social Platform Vs. Media

When Washington chose to write his Farewell Address in a newspaper.

It would not be on his long-standing partisan ally John Fenno of the Federalist Gazette. Instead he chose the American Daily Advertiser. Its editorial view was independent of the views of either federalist (modern day Republicans) and anti-federalists modern day Democrats.

Whereas this current prez demeans all major/minor publications except ones that kisses his orange tush. Breitbart blogs, OAN conservative ran local tv stations are promoted by him as truth.

This soon-to-be prez stated why he would not attend the FOX debate because of get this: I dont like the press release they gave. It's like they're playing games and I am sure you will be there Brett"

And one of the most trash talked guys by Drumpf, Mr. Colbert was oh no! the one who Trump visited. meaning he can tell his worshippers to boycott FOX, then afterwards go hate Colbert...and that they did do.

And wherever tyrants ruled? Were the places where free speech was ruled a lie & there democracy and truth died.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Twitter is not the media, it is a social platform used for nothing special. A place to chat, send notes or a quick hello.

He uses it as a political platform and if they question him they are in the wrong.

Facebook is at its name suggests, a virtual book to display who you are, so as long as approved by the owners, but not to this orange barf-bag If he uses it, they must comply.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This Orange diaper stain tells his unrivaled worshippers that if people boycott Goya , they are wrong, but what about when he told his minions to boycott Nabisco?

Hey at least in Mexico Don the Diva makes mucho dinero selling piñatas!!

Why? because of his use of twitter, FB & any other media that allows him to label Mexicans in a way that they will buy something to beat the candy out of it, because of what/who resembles.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately we're at the point where social platforms are very much considered and boosted up as fact checked news sources. We often yell fake news rather than refuting the cases and offering up the actual facts in dispute..often while politicians have literally the world press at a moments notice should they so desire. Basically we're dumbed down to copy and pasting other peoples tweets and memes. We flock to like minded narratives and tune other sources out. Oddly I can only imagine back in printed press and before the railways 'fake news' was actually more prevalent as options and instant availability were few and far between. Anyone whining about not being able to get their message out today is a fool.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We flock to like minded narratives and tune other sources out.

Sign O the Times.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Sign O the Times.
    November will be a very rude awakening for some

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Sign O the Times.
    What does that have to do with like minded people flocking to their own predisposition aka dogmatic ? Not related to what I said, but that's you.
    You said that in 2012, as well hahahaahaaaa!!!!

El Kabong Guest

Sign O the Times.
    What does that have to do with like minded people flocking to their own predisposition aka dogmatic ? Not related to what I said, but that's you.

If you say so

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sign O the Times.

If you say so

Don't assume, just request: I'm Kabong's historian.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 08-18-2020 at 09:47 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Sign O the Times.

If you say so

Sure thing, I mean you only suggested people (checks notes) "flock to like minded narratives and tune other sources out.".....which IF that is what you truly believe....would mean that certain people would indeed be in line for a bit of a surprise come November, but lol, oh I digress Slim....I digress.

I mean after all I ASSUMED that you knew what you posted. Silly me.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sign O the Times.
    If you say so
    Sure thing, I mean you only suggested people (checks notes) "flock to like minded narratives and tune other sources out.".....which IF that is what you truly believe....would mean that certain people would indeed be in line for a bit of a surprise come November, but lol, oh I digress Slim....I digress.

I mean after all I ASSUMED that you knew what you posted. Silly me.

Wrong again, but at least you are consistent at showing up in threads and mentioning everything but the topic.

I created a thread about social platforms vs media. Not a thread about elections. Nothing about November being a surprise

I then quoted a post from 08-16-2020, 03:52 PMSpicoli that stated "flock to like minded narratives and tune other sources out." he said that, not me, I quoted him.
    learn the difference between a person posting and copying a post.
    I posted this: Sign O the Times.

And my response to you was ignored-as usual, yet from time to time you accuse me of not answering your questions- which usually is how you answer questions (with another question), but then again I think you've used that several hundred times as a means to not answering directly when it doesn't suit your narrative.
    End result: you successfully change the topic to the person who is posting--- as the topic. Or as U stated: I mean after all I ASSUMED that you knew what you posted. Silly me. So when a poster defends themselves from your constant criticism of the poster, you consider it an attack & play victim (as in silly me). What a tired & predictable storyline.

@Spicoli, his 1st sentence is proof he understood the point and offered his insight: Unfortunately we're at the point where social platforms are very much considered and boosted up as fact checked news sources

I then followed up your derailed statement about surprises in November reminding you of how often you've been wrong in your projections/predictions & offered to show it to you.

https://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfo...light=November

Here is what you stated going into 2012:
    Ol' Barry Obama had best start packing his bags because he's going to get destroyed this November.

Your boy Despicable Donny is in a win-win scenario, he is running against a gaffe master, he's benefiting from your party eliminating over a 1,000 polling sites, not in districts you care about and
    https://www.businessinsider.com/usps...lection-2020-8
    his boy over at USPS is shutting down mail-sorting machines as the 2020 election looms.

Do you know how sorrowful that is, if Drumpf does NOT win?
    he has successfully turned his worshippers into haters of all media, even FOX when they go against his wishes, so as a result, where are you and the rest of his voters getting their/your news from?

Not the Sinclair Pro Trump network that zombifies their workers by forcing them all to read the same narrative nationwide?

Not social media, huh? Not right wing blogs either? not the OAN Pro Trump channels, huh? He's a tweeting twat. He uses social media to bash people and exalt himself.

As if there has never been a November where the losers weren't surprised or hurt.

it is jacktail foolish to even assume Biden would've been the winner of the Democratic primaries. Let alone win the election itself. I'm surprised he made it this far. Like Kramer from Seinfeld ; Somehow he has managed to fall ass-backwards into 1st place because of the unparalleled amount of fuckups from this ass-out barf bag of a leader who has alienated the Christians (that practice what they preach), military veterans and active, old school conservatives, fiscal conservatives, are sick & tired of being labeled as RINOS by his minions who ignore the incoming Nazis for Trump since 2016

https://www.timesofisrael.com/americ...l-opportunity/
    The American Nazi Party’s chair said on his radio show recently that a Donald Trump presidency would offer “a real opportunity” for white nationalists and the “pro-white” cause.

Upstanding white Americans sick in their hearts with his base ignoring white supremacists for Trump

Hail Trump: White nationalists mark Trump win with Nazi salute
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-38057104

Just flip the script: NO one is saying too much about Biden policies, he's getting votes not based on his campaign, but based on a lying jacktard telling his ghouls to discredit all media for telling Americans he has upped the troop presence in the middle east, not withdraw.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/trump-sen...-iran-tensions

Trump sends 1,500 troops to Middle East amid Iran tensions

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pen...ith-iran-flare
    Trump mulls proposal to beef up US troops in Middle East, as tensions with Iran flare

The 82nd Airborne Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team – put on alert Friday – will be deploying to Kuwait, two U.S. defense officials tell Fox News.
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-300...oleimani-death

Despite Vow to End ‘Endless Wars,’ Here’s Where About 200,000 Troops Remain
    Omar Sobhani/Reuters
    Thomas Gibbons-NeffEric Schmitt
    By Thomas Gibbons-Neff and Eric Schmitt
    Oct. 21, 2019

And all he has to do is accuse the media. Even FOX gets spat on by him, when they claim he is an embarrassment, can't string together a coherent sentence (Jason Meister on FOX), day after day it's embarrassing (Newt Gingrich on FOX), he lies with ease, his appearances have been down right disturbing (Dan Bongino on FOX), this type of agitated behavior is part of a disturbing pattern (Sean Hannity on FOX), Just roll the tape and the creepy things that he's doing to people on camera (Jason Chaffetz on FOX)

Hateful when media does get it right and remind Americans he said many healthcare plans, then produced (0), Lied and said he would build a wall (70 replacements miles) lied & said he would go after cronyism, then states nothing when Fannie & Freddie work with Kushner on $800 million...whose funding that? Lied & said he wouldn't do bailouts (2x), lied when he said he would launch an investigation into crooked hillary, lied & said he would release his taxes (forced republicans to pass a resolution that he would never have to release them), lied & said he was a genius then forces his schools to keep his records on lock down, lied and said he would self fund his campaign then turns around and bragged about how much he raises $$ from big donors, lied & said he wouldn't raise the deficit ( 5T & counting), see you can say all you want it isn't important to you, but at least have respect for fiscal conservatives that refuse to pick & choose when to balance and when to balloon.
    Have the courtesy to acknowledge those who hold him accountable as opposed to looking at the conduit distributing info you don't want to hear: Truth of how horrid he is as a being , a bankrupt draft dodger who bragged about his deferments, bragged about grabbing pussy by the handful...and if any media brings this up? Well they just hate him as oppose to reporting on him

So I think I understand a bit why his worshippers, fans and minions disdain media; they can't control the narrative the way they can on a social platform or a well subsidized website paid for by elitists, croynists, bigots, racists, xenophobes and any other demographic that hates media only when it's not complicit in the narrative or as Neil Cavuto put it:

Cavuto: President Trump, Fox News doesn't work for you
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 08-20-2020 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Slim, it's just another 🔴🔴🔴🐟🐟🐟

El Kabong Guest

Wrong again, but at least you are consistent at showing up in threads and mentioning everything but the topic.
    Slim, if half the people are believing News X and ONLY News X and the other half are believing News Y and ONLY news Y. And News X supports a candidate/party and News Y supports the opposite.......what happens come November when only 1 candidate wins? You're assuming I'm making a "rah rah Trump" post when I'm merely commenting on how people consume the news and create a bubble for themselves in social media. If Trump wins, if Biden wins, it's 6 to one half dozen to the other 50% "I knew this would happen" & 50% "I'm flabbergasted"....that's what I was saying.

So in fact, you're arguing with me AGREEING with Spicoli's premise which is one you agreed with.

I guess it must the messenger yeah?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Slim if 1 + 1 = 2 and 2=1+1, then candidate x plus candidate y equals y + x

Just remember that Slim.

🔴🔴🔴🐟🐟🐟

Thread Information