Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default NEW BOXING RULE, FROM ICE :)

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article8860.html ... <<<< New Rules... including NO sun glasses in boxing rings in Vegas after 10 pm on HBO. Got it??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NEW BOXING RULE, FROM ICE :)

Blame Chris Eubank for the ring entrances He started all that shit. People would want to see Eubank just for the ring entrance even more so than the fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like some of the ring walks its good entertainment sometimes the walks are better that the fights

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember Hamed? Now that guy was extreme.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy76
    Did he not have a flying carpet at one of the fights in vegas?

I enjoy all that nonsense as it adds a bit of sparkle and character which I reckon is good for boxing. Its all about entertainment and there is no harm in it I suppose. Nowt wrong with a bit of bravado and if it gets another few folk watching the sport then good. Suppose there is a point though where a line needs drawn but I dont think we have seen it yet!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatsd

I enjoy all that nonsense as it adds a bit of sparkle and character which I reckon is good for boxing. Its all about entertainment and there is no harm in it I suppose. Nowt wrong with a bit of bravado and if it gets another few folk watching the sport then good. Suppose there is a point though where a line needs drawn but I dont think we have seen it yet!
    Haven't seen Judah - Spinks II have you?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I love the only 2 sanctioning bodies thing. But the only way that would work is if promoters would only recognize a select few sanctioning bodies. But they want a title in their fighter's hands, even if it is the ATFGFJD Intercontinental Fecarbox title. It's a shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRoundKO

I havent actually - i suspect perhaps the magical line I was talking about was crossed!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I havent actually - i suspect perhaps the magical line I was talking about was crossed!!
    I swear it was like 30 minutes long. The whole ime Spinks was coming out side by side hometown rapper Nelly. You figure, you know it's a good way to pump up the St. Louis crowd. But it lasted FOREVER. It got to the point where the commentators were having there own little side convos while this nonsense was happening. Judah was in the ring and he was just looking side to side like wtf is going on. I remember I REALLY wanted to see that fight. I remember I liked Spinks a lot up until that point. I was scrambling to get pizza and coke before the show started. I ended up having seconds and thirds, all while this was going on. It was ludicrous. It did a good job in getting the crowd into a frenzy but the actual fight helped calm them down.

Spinks got beat down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I swear it was like 30 minutes long. The whole ime Spinks was coming out side by side hometown rapper Nelly. You figure, you know it's a good way to pump up the St. Louis crowd. But it lasted FOREVER. It got to the point where the commentators were having there own little side convos while this nonsense was happening. Judah was in the ring and he was just looking side to side like wtf is going on. I remember I REALLY wanted to see that fight. I remember I liked Spinks a lot up until that point. I was scrambling to get pizza and coke before the show started. I ended up having seconds and thirds, all while this was going on. It was ludicrous. It did a good job in getting the crowd into a frenzy but the actual fight helped calm them down.

Spinks got beat down
    Justice done then! Sounds a bit over the top right enough - I think its a good point about the length of time being potentially hazardous in terms of a boxer cooling down and pulling something. Perhaps a time limit is required for this type of thing. Suppose Spinks didnt try this nonsense again!

Thread Information