Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanna make an Ass of yourself and say Klıts can fıght lıke thıs?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wanna make an Ass of yourself and say Klıts can fıght lıke thıs?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Wlad is a fair fighter in an appalling division. He has only improved as his opposition has tailed off even more. His choices of opponent are now frankly getting quite tiresome. It makes Calzaghe's run after Eubank look aweinspiring. It's easy enough to make a dozen defences if the majority are really more than a little bit shit. In other divisions people go after everyone come what may and don't have draconian contracts saying 'fight my brother, rematch with me, 2 more options on your future fights'. That is fucking cowardly and insulting. It's a surprise anyone gets in the ring with Wlad on that basis. He presents himself as a good guy, but offers slave contracts. He's a con man. He also never fought James Toney who beat Peter first time out far more convincingly than Wlad could. Wlad fighting Rahman immediately after Rahman was fucked up by Toney? Get out of here with that cherry picking. Toney was better than sodding Peter and Rahman. Ridiculous.

Wlad is fair fighter, but he is also a con artist and manipulator and will thus never go down as anything special. Watch him find some unknown who is 17-0 next. Yawn.
    Miles you will NOT let this go and I applaud you for it ! JFAT 4 Life.

Also have to agree that I have heard the contract negotiations with either Klitschko brother is said to be quite unfair and brutal.

But, when you are the top dog or top giraffe in this case, you call the shots.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But when you are top dog you command a majority of the purse, potentially a rematch option and that is it. Otherwise you are just destroying a division with your cuntishness.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad is a fair fighter in an appalling division. He has only improved as his opposition has tailed off even more. His choices of opponent are now frankly getting quite tiresome. It makes Calzaghe's run after Eubank look aweinspiring. It's easy enough to make a dozen defences if the majority are really more than a little bit shit. In other divisions people go after everyone come what may and don't have draconian contracts saying 'fight my brother, rematch with me, 2 more options on your future fights'. That is fucking cowardly and insulting. It's a surprise anyone gets in the ring with Wlad on that basis. He presents himself as a good guy, but offers slave contracts. He's a con man. He also never fought James Toney who beat Peter first time out far more convincingly than Wlad could. Wlad fighting Rahman immediately after Rahman was fucked up by Toney? Get out of here with that cherry picking. Toney was better than sodding Peter and Rahman. Ridiculous.

Wlad is fair fighter, but he is also a con artist and manipulator and will thus never go down as anything special. Watch him find some unknown who is 17-0 next. Yawn.
    The first nine words of this statement pretty much sums it up^^^^

I wasnt going to bring up james toney but im glad someone did.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You gonna let this one go, @El Kabong?

El Kabong Guest

The fight vs Rahman was made because Vitali got injured a few times and he was supposed to fight Hasim but for being a "good sport" Wlad decided to give him a shot. James 'Two Ton' Toney got popped for steroids and Sam Peter beat him.

Like I'm going to listen to miles, he's not rational about anything. You think he just picked 17-0 out of thin air Kubrat Pulev : Boxer ....oh but he never fought James Toney, well I guess we'll just never know how Wlad would have hammered that fat little toad into submission.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 11-14-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    What you never seem to grasp is the fact that in the 3rd round lennox threw a punch so vicious it opened up vitalis face!
    VK outboxed lewis 2/1 on 11 days notice. Fight stopped on cuts. He then lingered on for eight months promising the boxing world a rematch before bowing out when the WBC were about to strip him just like the IBF did when he refused southpaw byrd. LOL. All very questionable.

Now i ask u again should we base a fighter's career on one fight? Your logic dictates that we should measure lewis by mcall! If we are to do things with such questionable elements then we should measure Ali by his lucky escape to Henry Cooper.

This is a younger, fitter, prime vitali.
    And everything he threw could not floor lennox.
    Correction VK was not even ranked and was scheduled to fight Cedric Boswell LOL. His Ring IQ increased with age just like lewis' did. Flooring an opponent is irrelevant, outboxing one or kayoing one is more pertinant.

Vitali is a true warrior and we can all clearly see that lennox was his toughest opponent of all time that unfortunately he fell short by suffering his first and possibly last tko loss.
    Vitali Klitschko: "Sanders was the most difficult
    opponent I ever fought"

Wrong again.

The facts are thus: Lewis DID say he'd give Klitschko a rematch, Vitali DID destroy Johnson (the guy Lewis was supposed to face) to 'earn' that rematch, Lewis DID retire after seeing Vitali put Johnson away. Perception and timing is everything, and when you look at the way things played out linearly, it does indeed seem clear that Lewis retired so he wouldn't have to face Vitali. If he was 100% condifent of victory, he could have whipped himself into shape one last time and came in there, put this guy away, made a cool $40M or so, and retired with no questions left unanswered. It is entirely reasonable to believe that Vitali did indeed send Lennox into retirement. It was NOT a decisive victory. It was a win, but not as decisive as some make it out to be.

If lewis did not retire he was about to be stripped of belt #2 because he did not want a fight with a prepared VK. All that is factual. Correct?

I will leave u with the late great emmanuel steward (rip):

“I told Lennox after the fight: I feel like we owe Vitali a rematch. Lennox agreed with me. Even after a year since Lennox left boxing, we talked about that fight. If Vitali and him were able to secure a rematch, it would be very intriguing.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...never-happened
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 11-14-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shut the fuck up keep repeating that 11 days notice rubbish. Lewis had 11 days notice too.

Vitali had a massive advantage in having everything to gain and nothing to lose, being the challanger and underdog.

Lewis only fought him so he didn't lose shitloads of money on the promotion. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Shut the fuck up keep repeating that 11 days notice rubbish. Lewis had 11 days notice too.

Vitali had a massive advantage in having everything to gain and nothing to lose, being the challanger and underdog.

Lewis only fought him so he didn't lose shitloads of money on the promotion. Fact.
    Lennox Lewis was the champion. Champions are supposed to be prepared to fight so don't give us the "Lewis was old and fat and out of shape" bullcrap. Also Lennox lost faaaar more money by NOT giving Vitali a rematch & Vitali deserved a rematch, but it never happened, I've moved on.

It was a great great fight, I loved every second of it just as a boxing fan. Can we not agree on that?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Lennox Lewis was the champion. Champions are supposed to be prepared to fight so don't give us the "Lewis was old and fat and out of shape" bullcrap. Also Lennox lost faaaar more money by NOT giving Vitali a rematch & Vitali deserved a rematch, but it never happened, I've moved on.

It was a great great fight, I loved every second of it just as a boxing fan. Can we not agree on that?
    Where did I say Lewis was "old and fat and out of shape" (although he was old and weighed his heaviest ever)

Lewis had ALREADY contemplated retirement before this fight took place. Lewis was joint promoting the bill. It had already gone from PPV to regular HBO. He trained for a fight so obviously thought it was worth the risk taking on a late replacement.

That is a WORLD of difference to renegotiating a whole other fight (rematch). He had already made over a hundred million.

I agree it was a great fight. Vitali's greatest ever moment, even in defeat.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So lewis was concerned with money then? He was offered record amounts for the rematch and wanted none of it. He couldn't face anyone other than a Vitali rematch if he continued fighting because the criticism would be too great. Nobody wants to admit it.He was about to lose belt #2. Lewis was very smart.

If he fought Kirk Johnson on that night, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have retired after. Yes or no?

VK was an unknown back then. Eleven days notice is not good enough prep to fight the linear champ? Do u disagree fenster yes or no?

Any notion of Lewis considering retirement prior to VK is ended with this extract from Lewis and Steward in 03:

Jones, the WBA champion, now seems to be Lewis’s long-term target “We’ll just keep fighting guys until the big fight with Roy Jones comes up and I think it will happen eventually,” Emanuel Steward, Lewis’s trainer, said.

I am such a good poster it's unreal!
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 11-14-2012 at 04:48 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Where did I say Lewis was "old and fat and out of shape" (although he was old and weighed his heaviest ever)

Lewis had ALREADY contemplated retirement before this fight took place. Lewis was joint promoting the bill. It had already gone from PPV to regular HBO. He trained for a fight so obviously thought it was worth the risk taking on a late replacement.

That is a WORLD of difference to renegotiating a whole other fight (rematch). He had already made over a hundred million.

Every Lewis fan says it. So why no rematch? It would have been PPV, both figthers could prepare 100%, no excuses, loads of money to be made. It would have been the first heavyweight fight that fans were looking forwrd to since Lewis' fight vs Tyson which was really no match at all.

sad the rematch never happened but both guys gunned for the KO, just right out of the gates big punches from both sides.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post
    So lewis was concerned with money then? He was offered record amounts for the rematch and wanted none of it. He couldn't face anyone other than a Vitali rematch if he continued fighting because the criticism would be too great. Nobody wants to admit it.He was about to lose belt #2. Lewis was very smart.

If he fought Kirk Johnson on that night, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have retired after. Yes or no?

VK was an unknown back then. Eleven days notice is not good enough prep to fight the linear champ? Do u disagree fenster yes or no?

Any notion of Lewis considering retirement prior to VK is ended with this extract from Lewis and Steward in 03:

Jones, the WBA champion, now seems to be Lewis’s long-term target “We’ll just keep fighting guys until the big fight with Roy Jones comes up and I think it will happen eventually,” Emanuel Steward, Lewis’s trainer, said.

I am such a good poster it's unreal!
    Well you're not such a good poster if you think quotes like that prove anything. Watch and weep.

Here's a quote from Manny Steward in 2003 after Lewis made the Johnson fight - "Lennox can only lose through complacency, he can go on until 40, he will KO Johnson, Vitali, Roy Jones"

Here's a quote from Lewis on retirement in 2003 - Speculation has been mounting over the last six months that Lewis will retire from the sport altogether rather than step back into the ring. "Retirement - that is an option for me. It's certainly tempting. I really need a fight to make me feel the desire to go through all the training," said Lewis. "It has to get me excited. At this point I'm not excited by anyone."

Where is Lewis calling out Jones or anyone else?

What a trainer wants and fighter wants are two seperate things. Just because Manny thought HIS fighter could still beat anyone out there doesn't mean Lewis wanted to carry on.

Cop that. Fact.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He wasn't old he was a year older than Wk is now! How old were Holyfield and Tyson when they fought LL? What did Tyson weigh? LOL. Point me to this out of shape lennox because he looks in tip top condition to me:

He wasn't going to be the weight he was at 21 was he? Besides...ppl act like an 'in shape lewis' was invincible. Did u see the mcall fight! Or the fight were an out of shape Mercer tore him up?

Want the Jones quote again?

"Will you give him a rematch?"
    "If he calls for it and the money is right"

-Lennox Lewis.

He did call for it and the money was $20 million dollars six months later to fight a rematch.

I agree it was a great fight. Vitali's greatest ever moment, even in defeat.[/QUOTE]

His greatest ever moment was taking the WBC & The Ring Heavyweight title off of Lewis promoted Southpaw Corrie Sanders. Coming out of retirement and taking the WBC belt again by brutalising Peter. Destroying Hide at 24–0 to Win the WBO version. Taking apart undefeated fighter after undefeated fighter into his 40's....

George Foreman: "Vitali was winning the fight. Lewis got lucky. There has to be a rematch!"

Jim Lampley: "A lucky escape for Lewis who was clearly losing the fight"

LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post
    He wasn't old he was a year older than Wk is now! How old were Holyfield and Tyson when they fought LL? What did Tyson weigh? LOL. Point me to this out of shape lennox because he looks in tip top condition to me:

He wasn't going to be the weight he was at 21 was he? Besides...ppl act like an 'in shape lewis' was invincible. Did u see the mcall fight! Or the fight were an out of shape Mercer tore him up?

Want the Jones quote again?

"Will you give him a rematch?"
    "If he calls for it and the money is right"

-Lennox Lewis.

He did call for it and the money was $20 million dollars six months later to fight a rematch.

His greatest ever moment was taking the WBC & The Ring Heavyweight title off of Lewis promoted Southpaw Corrie Sanders. Coming out of retirement and taking the WBC belt again by brutalising Peter. Destroying Hide at 24–0 to Win the WBO version. Taking apart undefeated fighter after undefeated fighter into his 40's....

George Foreman: "Vitali was winning the fight. Lewis got lucky. There has to be a rematch!"

Jim Lampley: "A lucky escape for Lewis who was clearly losing the fight"

LOL.[/QUOTE]

Those last few quotes about Lewis "losing" the fight are to be looked at objectively. Lewis may have been down on the cards but he sure looked like he was on his way to winning that fight.

Lewis had moments in the fight where it looked rough but he weathered the storm and regained composure.

Thread Information