Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  2

View Poll Results: Have the Humanities Gone Mad?

Voters
6. This poll is closed
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • No

3 50.00%
  • I am a pretty butterfly

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have some lunatic fringe elements taken over the humanities?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Have the Humanities gone mad?

1600 a year?? Nothing! Peanuts!

We pay 800 a month in American!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post

You must live in a very swanky house then. I was reading that in the US it would typically be 300$ a month on a 200,000 dollar property. Either way, still a rip off. It also depends on the state as well. Some states are less than others. You pay a property tax here, but tiny.

30 pounds a week to provide very little in return is not peanuts. That is money a person could invest for their own future. 1600 a year from the age of 18 compounded would give someone at least 200,000 pounds. Instead they end up with a mortgage and that damn tax. It is a con.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are an idiot. You make your living teaching a subject which falls under 'The Humanities' . You yourself are more guilty than most of dumbing down culture and tradition and the very things you pretend to stick up for. The Classics, English, History, Art, Philosophy etc these are the things that Western Culture is built upon, ever since the Renaissance. As opposed to Divinity? Do you not understand that very simple distinction. Things like Social Anthropology are the most scientific of the humanities but are much closer to the sciences than your airy fairy EFL discipline.

It constantly amazes me how you can hold up pricks like Piers Morgan, the very icon of MSM, who hacked the phones of dead children for fucks sake, as some kind of barometer of sanity. No wonder you love sociopaths, you don't even understand yourself.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    You are an idiot. You make your living teaching a subject which falls under 'The Humanities' . You yourself are more guilty than most of dumbing down culture and tradition and the very things you pretend to stick up for. The Classics, English, History, Art, Philosophy etc these are the things that Western Culture is built upon, ever since the Renaissance. As opposed to Divinity? Do you not understand that very simple distinction. Things like Social Anthropology are the most scientific of the humanities but are much closer to the sciences than your airy fairy EFL discipline.

It constantly amazes me how you can hold up pricks like Piers Morgan, the very icon of MSM, who hacked the phones of dead children for fucks sake, as some kind of barometer of sanity. No wonder you love sociopaths, you don't even understand yourself.
    I don't think what I do has anything to do with this ludicrous 100 genders nonsense. I am grounded in practical language for use in the real world. The art of communication rather than mass confusion.

So now you have have your angry rant it is time for a question. Do you think there are more than a hundred genders? Don't be coy. You entered this thread so be a man and answer a question.

Indeed there is science in the humanities too, but whenever I raise any data you poo poo it as proof of my evil agenda. Not everything in sociology is daft, only elements. You have taken the thread title a little too seriously and as usual have come in all poopy pants.

Bwahahaha!

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is not a rant or angry it is treating you and your garbage threads with the ridicule that they deserve. You are seemingly on a rush toward the tabloid bottom. Of course the idea of 100 genders is nonsense only someone so invested in identity politics and destroying Britian in order to remake it in the shape of a simpering vacuous shallow America grovelling at the feet of Trump would even need to ask such a question. I get it, you don't like people, you look down your nose at them just like your boyfriend Brock, and so you love figures like Morgan and Tommy and Stefan because they use victims of violence and abuse to make money and put portray themselves as the victims. They are your bedfellows, the sociopathic and the blaggards, the fakes who fail to see that being so invested in portraying themselves as anti-woke, is no different than virtue signalling their fake wokeness. Lame. Sad. ...truly Mad.
    Last edited by Beanz; 10-17-2019 at 01:35 PM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So, your answer is no then. Well, there you go. So you agree that the humanities are losing the plot. I will compromise and parse by saying it is some elements within the humanities.

Very interesting how Tommy Robinson and a gang of baddies was added to your curious rant.

Greta, take a valium and stop squeezing up your face like that. Like Tito says the UK is the epicenter of it all.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post

You must live in a very swanky house then. I was reading that in the US it would typically be 300$ a month on a 200,000 dollar property. Either way, still a rip off. It also depends on the state as well. Some states are less than others. You pay a property tax here, but tiny.

30 pounds a week to provide very little in return is not peanuts. That is money a person could invest for their own future. 1600 a year from the age of 18 compounded would give someone at least 200,000 pounds. Instead they end up with a mortgage and that damn tax. It is a con.
    There are no 200,000 properties since 1990

Try 500,000 and up

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are loads. Americans are generally not super rich like the US wannabe Kirk. No palaces but solid homes. The key is avoiding major ciy center areas. Not hard to do.

https://www.zillow.com/blog/homes-on...200000-163686/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That wizzard of our LORD (Tolkien) group hit out with those magic staff at the balrog! Gandalf the Grey with us: frodo and Bilbo !

El Kabong Guest

How exactly does Gandalf "dumb down culture and tradition"? I mean I assume since you're accusing him of such you've got evidence to back up such claims.

How exactly is Gandalf EFL? Can one not be proud of being English without being called a fascist? You seem to be of the belief that Britishness itself is defined by it's being a melange of different FOREIGN cultures...which is truly odd to me. Are other nations like that? I wonder about other nations, are they ALL a mishmash of specifically FOREIGN influence? If that's the case then why would any cultures differ at all?

Anthropology was a good idea until Communists took it over and turned it worthless. Everything they touch turns to shit.

The Unfortunate Fallout of Campus Postmodernism:
    The roots of the current campus madness

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...postmodernism/
    In an article for Quillette.com on “Methods Behind the Campus Madness,” graduate researcher Sumantra Maitra of the University of Nottingham in England reported that 12 of the 13 academics at U.C. Berkeley who signed a letter to the chancellor protesting Yiannopoulos were from “Critical theory, Gender studies and Post-Colonial/Postmodernist/Marxist background.” This is a shift in Marxist theory from class conflict to identity politics conflict; instead of judging people by the content of their character, they are now to be judged by the color of their skin (or their ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, et cetera). “Postmodernists have tried to hijack biology, have taken over large parts of political science, almost all of anthropology, history and English,” Maitra concludes, “and have proliferated self-referential journals, citation circles, non-replicable research, and the curtailing of nuanced debate through activism and marches, instigating a bunch of gullible students to intimidate any opposing ideas.”

Students are being taught by these postmodern professors that there is no truth, that science and empirical facts are tools of oppression by the white patriarchy, and that nearly everyone in America is racist and bigoted, including their own professors, most of whom are liberals or progressives devoted to fighting these social ills.

It is not a rant or angry it is treating you and your garbage threads with the ridicule that they deserve. You are seemingly on a rush toward the tabloid bottom. Of course the idea of 100 genders is nonsense only someone so invested in identity politics and destroying Britian in order to remake it in the shape of a simpering vacuous shallow America grovelling at the feet of Trump would even need to ask such a question. I get it, you don't like people, you look down your nose at them just like your boyfriend Brock, and so you love figures like Morgan and Tommy and Stefan because they use victims of violence and abuse to make money and put portray themselves as the victims. They are your bedfellows, the sociopathic and the blaggards, the fakes who fail to see that being so invested in portraying themselves as anti-woke, is no different than virtue signalling their fake wokeness. Lame. Sad. ...truly Mad.
    It never is, is it?

If you truly believe "Of course the idea of 100 genders is nonsense" then why are you even arguing? Is it because Gandalf dared touch the third rail of ridiculing the Humanities which is something you hold so dear to it cannot be spoken ill of?

The SJWs the PostModernists the Cultural Marxists, whatever they should be called, whomever those "post truth" victim celebrating iconoclasts decide they are....they've ruined perfectly fine fields of study....like you care about THAT but you've got time to chastise Gandalf for daring point this bullshit out.....wow, so stunning and brave of you.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are loads. Americans are generally not super rich like the US wannabe Kirk. No palaces but solid homes. The key is avoiding major ciy center areas. Not hard to do.

Haha yeah if you wanna live in Baltimore of course their is less then EVEN 200 G's. You'll still paying on Baltimore slum about $600/Mon properties tax

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kabing though that EFL isn't English foreign language

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bwahahahaha!

You mean like the Suburbs? Before you know it Fatboxingfart will be posting his video walking down thru them calling the hardworking American people who live there 'Cowards'. A bit like you shouting at single mothers in the UK from behind your sofa in SK in the arms of Stefan, shielding you from the big bad buwees.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and isn't beanner call "you are an idiot" same as I call to alpha "you are a jackass"? Now that confusing becomes more here!

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

How exactly does Gandalf "dumb down culture and tradition"? I mean I assume since you're accusing him of such you've got evidence to back up such claims.

How exactly is Gandalf EFL? Can one not be proud of being English without being called a fascist? You seem to be of the belief that Britishness itself is defined by it's being a melange of different FOREIGN cultures...which is truly odd to me. Are other nations like that? I wonder about other nations, are they ALL a mishmash of specifically FOREIGN influence? If that's the case then why would any cultures differ at all?

Anthropology was a good idea until Communists took it over and turned it worthless. Everything they touch turns to shit.

The Unfortunate Fallout of Campus Postmodernism:
    The roots of the current campus madness

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...postmodernism/
    In an article for Quillette.com on “Methods Behind the Campus Madness,” graduate researcher Sumantra Maitra of the University of Nottingham in England reported that 12 of the 13 academics at U.C. Berkeley who signed a letter to the chancellor protesting Yiannopoulos were from “Critical theory, Gender studies and Post-Colonial/Postmodernist/Marxist background.” This is a shift in Marxist theory from class conflict to identity politics conflict; instead of judging people by the content of their character, they are now to be judged by the color of their skin (or their ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, et cetera). “Postmodernists have tried to hijack biology, have taken over large parts of political science, almost all of anthropology, history and English,” Maitra concludes, “and have proliferated self-referential journals, citation circles, non-replicable research, and the curtailing of nuanced debate through activism and marches, instigating a bunch of gullible students to intimidate any opposing ideas.”

Students are being taught by these postmodern professors that there is no truth, that science and empirical facts are tools of oppression by the white patriarchy, and that nearly everyone in America is racist and bigoted, including their own professors, most of whom are liberals or progressives devoted to fighting these social ills.

It never is, is it?

If you truly believe "Of course the idea of 100 genders is nonsense" then why are you even arguing? Is it because Gandalf dared touch the third rail of ridiculing the Humanities which is something you hold so dear to it cannot be spoken ill of?

The SJWs the PostModernists the Cultural Marxists, whatever they should be called, whomever those "post truth" victim celebrating iconoclasts decide they are....they've ruined perfectly fine fields of study....like you care about THAT but you've got time to chastise Gandalf for daring point this bullshit out.....wow, so stunning and brave of you.
    You really are thick as pig shit. EFL. English as a Foreign Language. You are obsessed with fascists. Gandalf as an economic migrant and traitor to the UK, in the same way that you are a traitor to the USA, dumbs down culture and tradition in exactly the same way you do. Look at the title of this thread. Neither of you understand fuck all about the Western Culture you pretend to be interested in preserving. You are both Soyboys. You can never formulate an argument without qouting your identity politics posterboys.

Look at yourself proclaiming

"Anthropology was a good idea until Communists took it over and turned it worthless. Everything they touch turns to shit."

Ha! Do you not see how laughable it is for you to opine on subjects you know absolutely fuck all about in order to 'Win'. It is not that you are an intellectual minnow it is that you have no honesty or morals or decency. You are willing to throw everything including your own fellow citizens and country into the garbage can just so you can say you 'won' an argument on the internet.

You are there quoting from your fascist Bible like a good little jack booted Adolf gargler and ignoring the elephant in the room.
    Hidden Content

Thread Information