Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Stealing WiFi

How easy/hard it is it to get caught borrowing my neighbors wifi? I just got a new laptop and I haven't got a router yet and I want to be able to access the goddamn internet with it. That way I can lie in bed, comfortable, while touching myself to POB's facebook profile picture.

I live in a condo tower, so there are many, many wireless networks that show up when I look. I'm not going to hack into one or anything, but if one is open will I be able to use it without being detected (as in being identified as the person using their network)?

Hope that made sense.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Stealing WiFi

I don't think just a normal person will know if someone's using their wifi.

And if they didn't make it security enabled they don't care that much and/or deserve it. I don't have a password fwiw.

They really don't cost that much these days. After you get the wall hanging rotary phone replaced you might check it out.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post

And if they didn't make it security enabled they don't care that much and/or deserve it. I don't have a password fwiw.

They really don't cost that much these days. After you get the wall hanging rotary phone replaced you might check it out.
    That's actually pretty close to the truth. I still don't have a cell phone and I'd love to score one of those old rotary phones. One like this would be even better:

I am going to get a router, but we only got the laptop the other day and I've been really busy with school.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I probably only used that cause my mom actually did have a wall hanging rotary phone till I was like 12. We also cooked everything in the fireplace.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have a cell phone but its the same one I've had for like six years. It has literally nothing on it, not even a bad camera, and its one of those open faced ones and it doesn't have a number lock so I'm constantly dialing peoples numbers with my thigh.

i hate phones. I wish we could go back to beepers. Back when I had a beeper and I was selling dime bags to suburban teenage girls, those were the glory days. Wait, pull over, I gotta make an important call.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I probably only used that cause my mom actually did have a wall hanging rotary phone till I was like 12. We also cooked everything in the fireplace.
    In one of the places my mom and I lived when I was a kid we used a wood stove for heat, but that was because we were poor .

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah i'll go with that and to be honest if they didn't know how to password it they will not know how to get your mac address/number computer name from the router admin panel.

my wireless connection is passworded...my neighbours see a little padlock next to my network name which it..... GETYOUROWNSKINTKNOBS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My network is unprotected, so is 'Jin's' which could possibly be the name of a hot asian girl who lives alone in my building. How do I put security on it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    My network is unprotected, so is 'Jin's' which could possibly be the name of a hot asian girl who lives alone in my building. How do I put security on it?
    you have to find out your routers ip address then type it in your web browser, alot are default
    192.168.1.1 then you need the username and password, . after that its just a matter of changing the security.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I successfully managed it for 3 weeks while i waited for my internet to get up and running. I'm sure you'll be able to find an unprotected source somewhere in your vicinity.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Jin's a boys name. It's ok, i won't judge
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I've heard it used twice, for Jin the asian rapper and Jin Mosley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    How easy/hard it is it to get caught borrowing my neighbors wifi? I just got a new laptop and I haven't got a router yet and I want to be able to access the goddamn internet with it. That way I can lie in bed, comfortable, while touching myself to POB's facebook profile picture.

I live in a condo tower, so there are many, many wireless networks that show up when I look. I'm not going to hack into one or anything, but if one is open will I be able to use it without being detected (as in being identified as the person using their network)?

Hope that made sense.
    I would use their internet until they protected it or until they moved or some other reason you weren't able to use it anymore. There's no way to get 'caught' because you could easily, EASILY, just lie and play dumb if anything EVER happened. You could just say you thought the condo offered free internet and never got a router, but that situation would never arise.

Not to mention, unless they're monitoring packets being transferring in and out of the network, then they would never know you were using their internet, of course unless you were tying up a good amount of their bandwidth and their connection was very laggy. But if they had the brains to monitor the network, you'd think they'd have the brains to just password protect it anyway, right?

You will never get caught, so long as you don't download a number of large files at a time. If you're just browsing the web, then no problem.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just in case you wanted to know, sooo many people install their wireless routers and keep the default password which is admin

So even if they're password protected at least try that password too. Whenever possible I use wifi on my iphone as it's a lot quicker..
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

Thread Information