Thread: Illegal tactics that Referees should crack down on but hardly ever do

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Illegal tactics that Referees should crack down on but hardly ever do

What are some of your pet peeves when it comes to Illegal tactics that Referees should crack down on but hardly ever do

One thing I could never stand was watching a lot of clinching and headlocking and grabbing behind the neck and pushing the head down like Ali did all night long to Foreman for example.

I think rabbit punches are also not punished the way they should be punished. Especially in a clinch.

The hip shots are borderline on the hip joint but the round the back kidney shots like Foreman would do should also be penalized.

Too much headbutting like Holyfield should also not be unpunished. It can ruin a fight with an early stop, and also is very dangerous.

People do not want to see over-involvement of referees in fights, but if a ref takes a point after 1 or 2 warnings it will set the tone that the fighters better watch out for fouls or else.

What are some things you would like to see done differently in the ring by referees to make the boxing matches less dirty?

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Illegal tactics that Referees should crack down on but hardly ever do

Someone from your team brushing your fro on camera . Ban

Thanking Jesus, Allah, Tom Cruise for your win as though your deity had a window in his timetable for your training camp but no time for kids with cancer. 6 month suspension.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Illegal tactics that Referees should crack down on but hardly ever do

Fighters pretending to be hit low when it is just on the belt line. Refs fall for it every time and it means the opponent is put off aiming for the body.

Refs not stopping boxers holding their opponent when they get on the inside.

Fighters using their elbows.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hip area hip shots are a big one. Canelo did this a half dozen times a few weeks ago with Golovkin and his 40 yr old legs and nothing said. Then again may be a good way to damage a hand too.

I don't know about some as the last thing I want to see is an overactive over involved ref. But fouls obviously as mentioned. The inside shoulder to shoulder clinch where guys knock on ear or behind head. Elbows and use of forearms are a default 3rd glove for some. Also like to see refs combined with commission control the flooding of hangers on into the ring prior to and immediately after the fight. Refs also need to be encouraged to use the tool of instant replay that is at their disposal in some areas. Then again..what ref wants to openly second guess themselves so may have to fall with commissions. Crackdown on "forgetting" a mouthpiece too or spitting it to gain time. Once ok, twice maybe but guys and corners milk it.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great point about the mouthpieces --- and what about taking too long to rinse the damn thing off? Too much face grease is another one. Send him out there totally Vaselined up knowing the ref is gonna say "whoah, whoah, come here, wipe off that grease."

Thread Information