Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  38
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

Sorry don’t want to go through the whole thread again but since this is a canelo fight it’s DAZN which is internet only correct. I’m really interested in DAZN but all these services with the monthly charges really add up. I’d really like to see this live but may catch it the next day on allthebestfights.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is definitely no guarantee win for Canelo. When I say handpicked I mean a low risk high reward fight against a named opponent who he matches up well stylistically against.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    This is definitely no guarantee win for Canelo. When I say handpicked I mean a low risk high reward fight against a named opponent who he matches up well stylistically against.
    In that case in that is what you are saying I agree extremely high reward but I would not say a low-risk. I didn't agree when it said it was weird and wild a few posts above this one. I think that stretching the reality of what the nuts and bolts really are.
    About the styles is hard to predict. I re-watched the fight against Yarde 2 times today and kovalev was missing a lot of looping overhand rights which is bad for like I said he is leaving open his liver for the Mexican classical left hook. If and when he keeps his elbow in tight I mean his right elbow in tight to his liver then he can avoid Canelo left hook as a counter shut everytime kovalev miss With that looping right. Leadoff right hand he threw more like a jab I don't know if that will work either with canela

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    In that case in that is what you are saying I agree extremely high reward but I would not say a low-risk. I didn't agree when it said it was weird and wild a few posts above this one. I think that stretching the reality of what the nuts and bolts really are.
    About the styles is hard to predict. I re-watched the fight against Yarde 2 times today and kovalev was missing a lot of looping overhand rights which is bad for like I said he is leaving open his liver for the Mexican classical left hook. If and when he keeps his elbow in tight I mean his right elbow in tight to his liver then he can avoid Canelo left hook as a counter shut everytime kovalev miss With that looping right. Leadoff right hand he threw more like a jab I don't know if that will work either with canela
    So if Canelo loses you think that’s a huge blow to his career?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No because kovalev is just such an icon. Canelo can be forgiven for getting sparked. It's like when holyfield beat Tyson in the first fight. Tyson could be forgiven because holyfield still had a magic night inside of him

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weird and wild in that you have a short fighter unproven beyond MW (last fight was a joke) against someone who has been very stromg in his division. On Canelo's part it looks somewhat wild and weird. There was no request for this fight from boxing fans yet here it is and it is a tough one for him. Wild and weird in quite a fascinating way.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Weird and wild in that you have a short fighter unproven beyond MW (last fight was a joke) against someone who has been very stromg in his division. On Canelo's part it looks somewhat wild and weird. There was no request for this fight from boxing fans yet here it is and it is a tough one for him. Wild and weird in quite a fascinating way.
    wild and weird now I know what you mean , Wild and that kovalev will be throwing some wild punches! , may be weird due he to may go down from a body shot. As you say on Canelos part but I think he is grabbing for the glory to beat a name brand fighter at 175, cuz he got sick of hearing criticised about catch weight. "won't go over 160 blah blah blah" now he wants to silence his critics

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's very strange because he publicly denies it, but surely Canelo realizes he lost twice against GGG. Maybe then again he doesn't and with all the gifts and nursing he really thinks he is something else. I see a good fighter, but one that tends to lose his biggest fights. I hope Kovalev stops him. It would be good for boxing to see that happen at last and Kovalev deserves his moment having been 'Caneloed' Golovkin style against Ward, who though I dislike, is a better fighter than Canelo.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is been coddled and pampered and now believes the hype and truely believes he can beat akovalev. Kovalev Krusher has a magic night left like I said same as Holyfield had 1 magic night in '96 where the people said he was dead already. He shock up the world beating Iron Mike. Krusher can shock the world and destroy Canelo.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No because kovalev is just such an icon. Canelo can be forgiven for getting sparked. It's like when holyfield beat Tyson in the first fight. Tyson could be forgiven because holyfield still had a magic night inside of him
    Exactly. So it’s a low risk fight. If he loses, nobody will think anything of it because of the size difference. If he wins, it boosts his rating a ton

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly. So it’s a low risk fight. If he loses, nobody will think anything of it because of the size difference. If he wins, it boosts his rating a ton
    U no what you are right about it 💯 me I didn't think of it like that but it makes sense

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN BY WEIRD AND WILD. IT IS WEIRD FOR HIM TO WANT TO MOVE UP TO A HIGHER DIVISION SINCE HE IS UNPROVEN. SORRY NOT GOING TO LIE I DON'T GET THE WILD PART. NO ISSUES HERE. @Gandalf

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN BY WEIRD AND WILD. IT IS WEIRD FOR HIM TO WANT TO MOVE UP TO A HIGHER DIVISION SINCE HE IS UNPROVEN. SORRY NOT GOING TO LIE I DON'T GET THE WILD PART. NO ISSUES HERE. @Gandalf
    No issues either. You understand that it is weird and wild and we thus agree. It is a wild fight in that you have a man who has only only fought at MW against a man that had Bernard Hopkins running around confused and who appears to at least put down most of the opponents he faces and has beaten every opponent he has been in the ring with.

The equalizer is arguably that it might well be a Toney/Holyfield story. We will see. Toney was of course a rather wild chap as was Manny as he tore through the weights and orbital bones. Wild for me means taking on challenges and with an additional e an Irish playwright and novelist.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No issues either. You understand that it is weird and wild and we thus agree. It is a wild fight in that you have a man who has only only fought at MW against a man that had Bernard Hopkins running around confused and who appears to at least put down most of the opponents he faces and has beaten every opponent he has been in the ring with.

The equalizer is arguably that it might well be a Toney/Holyfield story. We will see. Toney was of course a rather wild chap as was Manny as he tore through the weights and orbital bones. Wild for me means taking on challenges and with an additional e an Irish playwright and novelist.
    OK got it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as I'd love to see Kov keep that telephone pole jab to head and body and keep Canelo on the end for his right and left hook I just can't. To many intangibles for me and whatever Canelo is, he isn't a fool and is a master manipulator of peripheral factors. Kov will have the height but regularly gives up the range. Canelo has shown he can bulk up remain sturdy..officially and unofficially..and not suffer loss of hand speed, defense and a decent beard. He's been allowed to go up in weight as he pleases even to the point of 'new contracts' being rushed out on fight night as in the Angulo fight. Look I'm in a long line of those who see him a coddled diva but he always enters with maxed out pluses. I give him a big mental edge over Kovalev at this point and we know for certain that he is a top notch body investor and Kovs soft spot may very well be immediately above his belt line. Best bet for Kov would be to turn the tables and all the pre hypothetical and look to make Canelos gut target numero uno. Box off that superb jab. Else he'll overreach on Canelo looking for follow up..who will let him do just that early..and get himself into the a danger zone his backfoot and defense cannot get him out of repeatedly. Kov is a entirely different animal long pop and punch select wise compared to what he has faced..Jacobs comes close..but me thinks he'll get sucked into some mesh of being partly rattled mentally and partly forcing his 'big size difference' as he takes more and more counters and Canelo will switch on and off maxing out his mistakes. But in the end I hope I'm wrong and Canelo gets crumpled up in a heap. Any odds on an out of the blue delay once the fight nears btw? Canelo and Oscar..they squeeze every advantage out before the bell even rings .

Thread Information