196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: New York City is becoming scary

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    things were always fucked up, but not THIS FUCKED UP.

well said
    Seeing how there can be 2 ways to say things are F'd up, reminded me of a scene where there were 2 ways to say- Take care of him!

All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

29 minutes ago in Queens my hood

@SlimTrae @walrus

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

19 minutes ago in Queens

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    29 minutes ago in Queens my hood

@SlimTrae @walrus

Why all the virtue signaling, at mentioning people to try and impress everyone with how rough the area you used to live in is? I really do not understand this need to focus on such negative stuff all the time. I see it on facebook and other boxing groups where it ends up getting spammed with street fights, usually of people who could never compete in the square circle or even in a proper bare knuckle contest. Each to their own but Saddo used to be better than this.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very interesting thread, I love Manhattan one of my favourite restaurants is there 3 Michelin Star Eleven Madison Park.
    I personally haven't seen both sides of the coin, so please guys feel free to share your experiences of NYC as I find it interesting.
    I'm sure some of you have stories to tell.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I find it interesting as it shows us what happens when police don’t do there job and are turned against. I’m not a cop lover but there are bad people out there. We can’t legislate morality. We need something bigger within us. Honestly have not been to nyc since covid but my buddy goes to that famous flea market in Chelsea every weekend to pick up watches. I’m going to go down one Saturday soon check it out. I have talked to a few people who live in NYC and they are telling me they are looking over their shoulder much more often lately. How many cops were killed last year? Do we ever talk about that?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anecdotes data.

I lived in New York when the crime rate was two and three times what it is now. Admittedly in one of the nicer parts of Manhattan but still used to venture over to Yankee Stadium and various other places on a regular basis and from an anecdatal pointless point of view there appeared to be less crime than London. Living in a nice part of Manhattan felt a lot safer than living in a nice part of London did.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Data

For the month of March 2021, New York City saw increases in index crimes, with the exception of robbery and burglary. Overall index crime rose 2.4% compared with March 2020, driven by a 36% increase in murder (34 v. 25) and a 35.1% increase in grand larceny auto (666 v. 493).

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's a pandemic on. Crime is still a fraction of where it was twenty years ago even in a once in a lifetime pandemic. When the pandemic is over things will go back to normal.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    There's a pandemic on. Crime is still a fraction of where it was twenty years ago even in a once in a lifetime pandemic. When the pandemic is over things will go back to normal.
    Twenty years ago, wtf are you on about. Grab the facts you want that make you seem right I guess, people are still trying to live.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Data

For the month of March 2021, New York City saw increases in index crimes, with the exception of robbery and burglary. Overall index crime rose 2.4% compared with March 2020, driven by a 36% increase in murder (34 v. 25) and a 35.1% increase in grand larceny auto (666 v. 493).

Anything unusual happened in March last year that might have unnaturally depressed the numbers so that comparison a year later looks significant?

For the month of February 2021, New York City saw continued reductions in every major index crime category with the exception of grand larceny auto (GLA). Overall index crime fell 26.5% compared with February 2020. The reduction was driven by a 40.4% decrease in grand larceny (2068 v. 3471) and a 32.7% decrease in robbery (791 v. 1175). There was also one less murder in February 2021 compared to the previous year (21 v. 22). While felonious assault saw a 7.9% reduction compared to February 2020 (1315 v. 142, shooting incidents increased to 77 v. 44 in February 2020, or +75.0%.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/news/...-february-2021

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NYC is becoming a very scary place for all New Yorkers living there -- Flatbush, Brownsville, Jackson Heights, Sunnyside, Pelham Park, Washington Heights, the rapes and murders and assaults jus' keep comin' this year. Tens of thousands are fleeing NYC since December 2019. Fuckin' Pitkin Avenue, Euclid Avenue, Grant Avenue, Church Street in Flatbush, SHeepshead Bay, even over there now in Ditmars in Astoria and places like Bay Ridge are getting fucked up bad. 7th Ave and 38th St there are more assaults than ever, almost nightly, and fuck walking over there by Chambers Street or even High Street; over by Battery Park you have kidnappings, rapes, knifings a couple times a night and dont even think about Washington Heights/St. Nicholas/Mott Haven/South Bronx/Tremont/Fordham, dont even think about it.
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 04-16-2021 at 01:30 AM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Data

Anything unusual happened in March last year that might have unnaturally depressed the numbers so that comparison a year later looks significant?

For the month of February 2021, New York City saw continued reductions in every major index crime category with the exception of grand larceny auto (GLA). Overall index crime fell 26.5% compared with February 2020. The reduction was driven by a 40.4% decrease in grand larceny (2068 v. 3471) and a 32.7% decrease in robbery (791 v. 1175). There was also one less murder in February 2021 compared to the previous year (21 v. 22). While felonious assault saw a 7.9% reduction compared to February 2020 (1315 v. 142, shooting incidents increased to 77 v. 44 in February 2020, or +75.0%.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/news/...-february-2021
    Wtf you are insane anything to avoid admitting your wrong incredible

Thread Information