Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Might get some ring time!

Hey all been at the local boxing club for the first week now and am hooked... and have been training on the heavy bag at home as well. Trainer has helped me loads with form, but havent worked so much with defense yet. He told me yesterday he might have me do some sparring soon, which I jumped on but at the same time kinda freaked bc most of the other guys training there are pros, and a few amateurs who are a heck of a lot quicker than me and have had bouts before. Id like to get more handspeed and better at defense and counterpunching before I get in the ring... Im goin on the trainer's judgement at this point. I know I gotta start somewhere, but have any of yall been in this situation?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Might get some ring time!

Every one has, trust the coach you wont get hurt.He wants to see how you move with some one in front of you, and see how you handle it. But then again he might not like you, then youll get the shit beat out of you. Only kidding
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol yeah I dont think Ive done that... yet. Yeah, Ill follow the coach's advice Im pumped about getting in there. Hope the coach likes me enough to not put me in with the pro who's fighting on HBO in 3 weeks...... he he.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

often with rookies, sparring is light contact with headgear. Just keep dancing. "The best way to no get is no be there." Mr. Miagi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sparring is all about learning. Not about seeing if you can knock that guy out or not. So, they will surely take is easy on you, because there would be no reason for them to take you on seriously. Especially, if they are all amatuer and pro fighters, because they know whats going on. There not going to have anything to prove to you so their just going to play around with you. Another aspect of sparring will also show your desire and heart. Your first time will show a lot. It will show your trainer if you have got the heart he is probably hoping you have. Relaxtion is key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Awesome thanks for the help guys. Coach said I needed some more work on my left hook yesterday so it might be awhile, but still cant wait to get in there for the first time.

Thread Information