Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Degale v Eubank Jnr

Seems a weird move from Degale to bin your title and go after Eubank?
    Can only think Degales been offered good money for it?

http://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.th...-ibf-belt/amp/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Degale v Eubank Jnr

I think De Gale wants to fight the winner of Groves v Smith. What can Junior offer?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing unless he's done a crash course in the fundamentals of boxing in the last few months, Groves absolutely schooled him with basic tactics a great jab and good footwork.
    An on form or even 75% form Degale simply does the same unless Degale does his macho bullshit and sits on the ropes wanting a war.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves chinned Jnr good and early, put him firmly in his box, he never really got back out. DeGale doesnt have that same power. He's going to get mauled.

DeGale was going to get bashed up defending and losing his title for peanuts.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De Gale looks shopworn now and the best thing for him is to rest his injuries, stay active in the gym and wait for Groves/Smith.

I agree with Memphis, I think a young, fit active Eubank Junior beats this version of James that lost and won against Traux.

The old De Gale who beat Bute et al schools Junior and beats him with ease.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Degale doesnt fight anything like Groves, and he doesnt look like hes about to outclass anyone. Does anyone think that Eubank wouldnt beat truax? Or that he isnt more effective in fighting the same way?

If you are pretty good, fit, come forward with a high output and have a chin, you beat Degale from what we've seen over the last couple years. His chance to show that he had an off night or wasnt healed up was the rematch with truax. The guy is done.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James DeGale vs Chris Eubank Jr set for February date as both fighters tease imminent announcement
    It appears we will see an all-British dust-up in early 2019

A domestic clash between James DeGale and Chris Eubank Jr is seemingly on the cards for February 2019.

The meeting of the UK super-middleweights has been in the works for several months, with dates originally said to be targeted for the fight in December and January, however, Eubank Jr has now revealed that February will be the month of his return.

When quizzed on the delay, the 29-year-old simply told FightHype: “February.

“February I’ll be back out and it’s going to be a massive fight.”

Both men have teased an announcement in recent social media posts, and it appears official confirmation is now imminent.

It has been previously reported the bout would take place on ITV Box Office pay-per-view as part of influential US advisor Al Haymon’s venture into the UK market.

With the Haymon/ITV link-up now official and the first couple of US shows confirmed for the network, it is expected that we will see an DeGale vs Eubank Jr announcement shortly.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...-announcement/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Worthless, meaningless fight. What does it do for either fighter? Old man Hearn was right- The Eubanks are just wasting the kid's talent.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It gets Eubank Jnr an opportunity to establish confidence after his spanking by Groves.

He can then put on a show vs Calum Smith in 2019. (tongue in cheek but possible)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree.

Old Degale would box his ears off but this version of Degale is finished.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    I agree.

Old Degale would box his ears off but this version of Degale is finished.
    I've got no doubt that Jr beats this version of Degale but a Jr win means absolutely nothing, I suppose it is a 'semi' name on his record and casual fans will get on the back of it but people who have watched Degale over the last 2 or 3 years will know that there is nothing left in the tank.

Having said that I think that Degale will actually look good whilst getting beat.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James DeGale vs Chris Eubank Jr to be announced this week, reportedly set for February 23 at London Olympia
    It is understood that the bout will shown on ITV Box Office pay-per-view as part of US advisor Al Haymon’s new link-up with the broadcaster.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...lympia-london/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven’t they announced this fight yet? Fun build up, fun fight, but it should NEVER be PPV. Think I’ll swerve that one.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James DeGale to fight Chris Eubank Jr live on ITV Box Office this February

Photo: ITV Sport
    James DeGale and Chris Eubank Jr will clash at London’s O2 on 23 February in the first major UK event of the new deal between ITV and Haymon Sports’ Premier Boxing Champions.

The Super Middleweight match, to be screened exclusively live on ITV Box Office, will take place against a backdrop of hostility between two fighters who have long made no secret of their mutual dislike and are relishing the prospect of settling their differences in the ring.

James DeGale has already fired off an opening shot in the direction of his opponent. He said: “Really excited and looking forward to being back home to a fight of this magnitude.

“I believe Eubank doesn’t have the pedigree, the size and skill to beat me. Eubank is a decent fighter but every time he has stepped up he has been found out.

degale
    DeGale's last fight saw him stop Fidel Muñoz in the US. Credit: PA
    "He has called my name for a long time so now I’ve finally got my chance to zip his lips.”

Eubank Jr responded in kind, saying: “DeGale is going to get the schooling of his career. A good old-fashioned hiding.”

Poxon Sport is the promoter of DeGale v Eubank Jr, as the exclusive promoter of all UK PBC events on ITV.

The fighters face off at the Hotel Café Royal, in London, today [Thursday 3 January]. Live streaming of the press conference, hosted by ITV’s Gabriel Clarke, can be found on the ITV Box Office Facebook page and Youtube channel.

eub
    Eubank's last major bout was a defeat George Groves last February. Credit: PA
    Full details of the undercard and how to access this ITV Box Office PPV event across all platforms will be announced and made available in due course. For updated and further information, please go towww.itvboxoffice.com

Tickets for the fight go on sale on Friday 4 January at midday to O2 members and to the wider public at midday on Monday 7 January. Tickets available from www.AXS.com and Inner Ringside/VIP Hospitality from www.sportandmusic.co.uk.

News of the DeGale v Eubank Jr showdown follows the announcement at the end of December of two major world title fights to be shown free to air on ITV4 as part of the broad scope of the ITV and PBC deal.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Video of the press conference here. DeGale was even chippier than he normally is , almost to the extent of insecure. I hope he does have something left in the tank, because Eubank will only beat him if he’s shot and then we’ll never hear the end of it.
    All new singing and dancing team for Eubank , only his invisible New coach from Vegas wasn’t there! no sign of the Rookie cop , which is a bonus.
    If you can’t be arsed to watch the whole video, I advise you to at least go to the last 30 seconds, where the Promoter Is trying to have a fucking selfie with DeGale. Cringeworthy and embarrassing to the max.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oebPZ1XKMxw
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information