Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  74
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lonely NFL Thread (complete with tumbleweeds)

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: The Lonely NFL Thread (complete with tumbleweeds)

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I heard about Garrett and watched the video of him assaulting his Rudolph! Not a good thing so close to Christmas.
    Meh that used to be just an unnecessary roughness penalty. They've really gone out of their way to puss up the sport.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard about Garrett and watched the video of him assaulting his Rudolph! Not a good thing so close to Christmas.

Another suspension went to the Steeler center Maurkice Pouncey..... who pounced on Garrett.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Another suspension went to the Steeler center Maurkice Pouncey..... who pounced on Garrett.
    It's all so gay....oh no fighting in football, we can't have that

El Kabong Guest

Well that Kaepernick workout was really something

Speaking of Kaep, just what is his inspiration?

El Kabong Guest

Oh I miss REAL football

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats cuz u aint playin it.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Thats cuz u aint playin it.
    I did play and when I played it was the correct way so casse-toi fils de pute ....if you will

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeahhhhh..... good ol' Kaepernick.

Absolutely no place for him in the NFL today. Not with QB giants like that punk-ass Jameis Winston of the lowly, cellar-dwelling 3-7 TB Bucs (59.6% comp. pct., 19/18 TD/Int , 80.5 QBR). Not with the mighty Andy Dalton of the winless, hapless Cincinnati Bengals (0-10) and a 9/8 TD/Int stat line and a 79.2 QBR.

Not with at least half a dozen or more hapless teams BADLY in need of a QB right about now.

Personally I hope they ALL finish in last place, and Kaep goes on to make more money in football than he would've made IN football, without getting his brains scrambled.

Talk about thumbing your nose at the NFL.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, well, well...... MSN poll with almost 700k people voting on whether they'd like to see an NFL team sign Colin:

22% - Yes
    64% - No
    3% - Don't know
    11% - No opinion

All the MORE reason I want to see Colin signed.

If not, he can go on the lecture tour and make some good money without getting his head bashed in. Cool.

El Kabong Guest

Yeahhhhh..... good ol' Kaepernick.

Absolutely no place for him in the NFL today. Not with QB giants like that punk-ass Jameis Winston of the lowly, cellar-dwelling 3-7 TB Bucs (59.6% comp. pct., 19/18 TD/Int , 80.5 QBR). Not with the mighty Andy Dalton of the winless, hapless Cincinnati Bengals (0-10) and a 9/8 TD/Int stat line and a 79.2 QBR.

Not with at least half a dozen or more hapless teams BADLY in need of a QB right about now.

Personally I hope they ALL finish in last place, and Kaep goes on to make more money in football than he would've made IN football, without getting his brains scrambled.

Talk about thumbing your nose at the NFL.
    Do you not remember him self sabotaging his own career?
    #1 On June 4, 2014 Kaepernick signed a six-year contract extension with the 49ers, worth up to $126 million, including $54 million in potential guarantees, and $13 million fully guaranteed. On 3/3/2017 he opted out of his contract with the 49ers because he was no longer the starting QB. He wasn't the starter under Chip Kelly, he struggled under Jim Tomsula, and he wasn't set to be the starter under Kyle Shannahan. He assumed that the 49ers were going to release him which is why HE said he opted out

#2 Ray Lewis attempted to get the Ravens to sign him, and then Kaep's girlfriend posted a picture of the very same Ray Lewis as the Samuel L. Jackson character from Django Unchained and the offer was pulled due to that.

#3 He changed the location of his most recent tryout and didn't inform the teams coming to see his tryout.

Are those examples of a guy who WANTS to play the game in the NFL?

I mean I don't care if a team signs him or not, I haven't been watching the games at all since it became two hand touch football. I don't care if he's political, I don't care if he kneels during the National Anthem, I mean I personally don't appreciate the view, but he can do as he pleases obviously. Other players who have kneeled for the Anthem have been signed/haven't faced repercussions to the extent Kaepernick may have, why is that? Eric Reid for example still kneels he plays for the Panthers.

Well, well, well...... MSN poll with almost 700k people voting on whether they'd like to see an NFL team sign Colin:

22% - Yes
    64% - No
    3% - Don't know
    11% - No opinion

All the MORE reason I want to see Colin signed.

If not, he can go on the lecture tour and make some good money without getting his head bashed in. Cool.
    I don't necessarily trust that poll.

What will he lecture about?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know whether he's a good speaker or not... probably not. But if he is, and were so inclined, I believe he'd probably speak up about the current white cop/black man situation (was going to call it a crisis, but situation will do for now) in the United States. That's probably part of what prompted Kaepernick's protests in the first place. He's out of football anyway, so what the hell....

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually, allow me to clear some things up for the sake of the argument.

I'm not a friend or family member of Kaepernick's. It makes zilch difference to me whether he plays again in the NFL or not. He may or may not have chosen the correct way to protest what he believes is a serious crisis in America... but he chose it, and paid the price. Others have followed, but Kaepernick bore the brunt of being the first one to do so. If his issue is with the significant incidences of unwarranted killings of black men by white police officers under dubious circumstances, and how this underscores a problem of racism and insufficient/inadequate police training in the U.S...... then I can understand his frustrations. It makes zilch difference to me whether he himself is a rich black man who plays a sport for a living. That's neither here nor there. Again... Kaepernick playing or not playing will not make a bit of difference in how much I watch (or not) the NFL.

El Kabong Guest

I don't know whether he's a good speaker or not... probably not. But if he is, and were so inclined, I believe he'd probably speak up about the current white cop/black man situation (was going to call it a crisis, but situation will do for now) in the United States. That's probably part of what prompted Kaepernick's protests in the first place. He's out of football anyway, so what the hell....
    I'm not against the guy earning whatever money he can in football, out of football, I do not care. I only notice he seems like he doesn't much want to play OR maybe he wants to play on HIS terms and I'm sorry that doesn't happen like ever.

....so that's a NO on watching the Larry Elder video which covers exactly that very specific thing?

I mean there are SOME unjustified uses of force by police obviously and to which citizens that happens most frequently to and WHY exactly that is the case...there's a discussion to be had there, but the police aren't the National Anthem and so there's perhaps a disconnect (I doubt it, I think I've got a good idea of who Kaep and his lady friend are and what they believe) between his protests and a lot of Americans and some of those Americans happen to be football fans...something I no longer consider myself but it's not down to him that's more due to the rule changes and pussification of the game.

If the guy can still play he should be in the league, but having played football myself I know for a fact coaches don't like distractions. They don't like opera singers, you know the "Me, Me, Me" guys because they destroy and distract teams. You've got a guy who says he wants to play and he plans this headfake of a tryout in advance....yyyyyyeah I can't see too many teams going "OOOOOH I like that guy! He's 32 had a few surgeries and been out of the league since 2016 and he just jerked the chain of all the teams who wanted to scout him. Let's sign HIM!" ......it's a bad move and in this case he's again got nobody to blame but himself.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I'm not against the guy earning whatever money he can in football, out of football, I do not care. I only notice he seems like he doesn't much want to play OR maybe he wants to play on HIS terms and I'm sorry that doesn't happen like ever.

....so that's a NO on watching the Larry Elder video which covers exactly that very specific thing?

I mean there are SOME unjustified uses of force by police obviously and to which citizens that happens most frequently to and WHY exactly that is the case...there's a discussion to be had there, but the police aren't the National Anthem and so there's perhaps a disconnect (I doubt it, I think I've got a good idea of who Kaep and his lady friend are and what they believe) between his protests and a lot of Americans and some of those Americans happen to be football fans...something I no longer consider myself but it's not down to him that's more due to the rule changes and pussification of the game.

If the guy can still play he should be in the league, but having played football myself I know for a fact coaches don't like distractions. They don't like opera singers, you know the "Me, Me, Me" guys because they destroy and distract teams. You've got a guy who says he wants to play and he plans this headfake of a tryout in advance....yyyyyyeah I can't see too many teams going "OOOOOH I like that guy! He's 32 had a few surgeries and been out of the league since 2016 and he just jerked the chain of all the teams who wanted to scout him. Let's sign HIM!" ......it's a bad move and in this case he's again got nobody to blame but himself.

One thing for sure is that the more time passes, the less likely it is he'll get another crack at the NFL. If he's not actually serious about wanting back in, it'll never happen. The distraction thing is a real point. But not so much for the "me, me, me" aspect of it, as for the annoying press coverage that would make it 99% about Colin Kaepernick and 1% about the rest of the team. Chemistry would go right out the window.

So yeah... I wouldn't bet money on Kaep ever returning to the league. As for his cause, it may not be him, but hopefully somewhere down the line someone else will pick up the ball and run with it. The good thing about someone like Kaep doing it is that people tend to listen more to high-profile figures, like athletes, celebrities, etc. The average Joe gets up and starts to pontificate about the evils of today's white cop society.... and precious few will even bother to listen.

El Kabong Guest

One thing for sure is that the more time passes, the less likely it is he'll get another crack at the NFL. If he's not actually serious about wanting back in, it'll never happen. The distraction thing is a real point. But not so much for the "me, me, me" aspect of it, as for the annoying press coverage that would make it 99% about Colin Kaepernick and 1% about the rest of the team. Chemistry would go right out the window.

So yeah... I wouldn't bet money on Kaep ever returning to the league. As for his cause, it may not be him, but hopefully somewhere down the line someone else will pick up the ball and run with it. The good thing about someone like Kaep doing it is that people tend to listen more to high-profile figures, like athletes, celebrities, etc. The average Joe gets up and starts to pontificate about the evils of today's white cop society.... and precious few will even bother to listen.
    Oh ESPN is DYING for him to get in the league regardless of if he's good, bad, indifferent, starting, on the bench, whatever they just want to ring the Colin Kaepernick bell until the clapper falls out! Him just trying out has them in a state of worshipful focus. Yes chemistry would be right out the window, the "Me, Me, Me" guys are a distraction and that goes for egomaniacs like Terrell Owens just the same as political figures like Kaepernick and religious figures like Tim Tebow....they all drew the eyes of the media and that ruffles feathers especially when they fuck up and dont' want the spotlight shining on them OR they take spotlight off of a top performer who is earning it....although in some cases that's a good thing and can be used by a smart coach.

Is that the GOOD thing about it though? I mean look at the NBA and China and the Hong Kong situation....is it GOOD that Lebron James is out there making a damned fool of himself to cover for China's tyranny? That ain't good.

White cop society? Wut?

Thread Information