Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Who is the most evil boxer in boxing history?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who is the most evil boxer in boxing history?

Who is the most evil fighter in boxing in your opinion?

I have created a list of 10 of the most evil fighters in boxing history: .

Check it out and let me know your thoughts

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is the most evil boxer in boxing history?

Good list. Below my comments.

I don't consider Emile Griffith to have been evil, exactly. True... he did kill man in the ring. But the referee was just as much if not more to blame for the death as Griffith. Benny Paret didn't do himself any favors by using gay slurs against Griffith before the fight and patting his ass.

Someone who should've been on the list is Tony "Baby Bull" Ayala Jr. This guy was a total scumbag who ended up behind bars, thus shortening his career. He even spit on a fighter he was in the process of beating once. Evil as they come.

Sonny Liston could've been there also. The guy was evil personified, and also did time in prison.

I was gonna say Adrien Broner.... but the guy's more of a complete moron, which isn't exactly being evil. He could be considered, though.

Great list, though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry mate, but I didn't like it or respect it much. Emile Griffith evil? One of the nicest guys in boxing history. One of the good guys who was a part of a terrible ring tragedy. I wouldn't use the word 'evil' with hardly any of those guys.

Evil is a hard word to quantify exactly what it means. Many many successful boxers aren't exactly nice people. Then there are fruit loops like Edwin Valero, Carlos Monzon or Tony Ayala junior.

But 'evil'?

How about Idi Amin, who was heavyweight champion in the Ugandan Army (genuinely)?

I will give you a D, I'm afraid. Must try harder (but please do and don't give up)
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I usually agree with you, X... and true... evil is a pretty strong word.

But Tony Ayala Jr. is closer to being evil than to being a "fruit loop."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James Butler Jr. [/B](born December 18, 1972 in Harlem, New York) is a retired American professional boxer who competed from 1996 to 2004. [U] best known for his infamous bout on November 23, 2001.[1] Butler brutally sucker punched Richard Grant after losing the fight and served four months at Rikers Island. In 2004, Butler was arrested for the murder of Sam Kellerman and was sentenced to 29 years and four months in prison.

Antonio Marga-CHEATO

Luis Resto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Good list. Below my comments.

I don't consider Emile Griffith to have been evil, exactly. True... he did kill man in the ring. But the referee was just as much if not more to blame for the death as Griffith. Benny Paret didn't do himself any favors by using gay slurs against Griffith before the fight and patting his ass.

Someone who should've been on the list is Tony "Baby Bull" Ayala Jr. This guy was a total scumbag who ended up behind bars, thus shortening his career. He even spit on a fighter he was in the process of beating once. Evil as they come.

Sonny Liston could've been there also. The guy was evil personified, and also did time in prison.

I was gonna say Adrien Broner.... but the guy's more of a complete moron, which isn't exactly being evil. He could be considered, though.

Great list, though.
    In hindsight I must agree with you that Emile Griffith (and maybe some of the others should not be on that list). Just started a new channel and wanted to have some fun!! Anyway, thank you very much for your feedback!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Sorry mate, but I didn't like it or respect it much. Emile Griffith evil? One of the nicest guys in boxing history. One of the good guys who was a part of a terrible ring tragedy. I wouldn't use the word 'evil' with hardly any of those guys.

Evil is a hard word to quantify exactly what it means. Many many successful boxers aren't exactly nice people. Then there are fruit loops like Edwin Valero, Carlos Monzon or Tony Ayala junior.

But 'evil'?

How about Idi Amin, who was heavyweight champion in the Ugandan Army (genuinely)?

I will give you a D, I'm afraid. Must try harder (but please do and don't give up)
    In hindsight I must agree with you that Emile Griffith (and maybe some of the others should not be on that list). Just started a new channel and wanted to have some fun!! Anyway, thank you very much for your feedback (and the kind words). I will definitely keep on trying, of course I will make mistakes along the way!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

​No worries mate, I wasn't trying to be rude or anything
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well put together vid and gotta agree with Griffith off and Ayala def on there. Not sure of particulars with Crowe but hard to hold in ring injuries as tragic as they are against a fighter. Resto definitely gets a spot. Cliff Etienne shooting up cops and civilians and kidnapping. Eric Morel and Seldon had a thing for climbing on drunk teenagers. Something tells me if we went digging through 1001 lesser known fighters we'd need a priest and a bleach shower after all the wrongs came to light.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of fighters/writers puts Fritzie Zivac at or near the top. Ray Robinson simply stated he learned a lot abot what a fighter can & will do as opposed to calling Zivac dirty/evil.

I read where he was infamous for lacing a fighter's eyes with the tape around his gloves.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jack Dempsey was not a nice guy to some he did not fight in the war and he was a man who 'broke in' prostitute's.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Well put together vid and gotta agree with Griffith off and Ayala def on there. Not sure of particulars with Crowe but hard to hold in ring injuries as tragic as they are against a fighter. Resto definitely gets a spot. Cliff Etienne shooting up cops and civilians and kidnapping. Eric Morel and Seldon had a thing for climbing on drunk teenagers. Something tells me if we went digging through 1001 lesser known fighters we'd need a priest and a bleach shower after all the wrongs came to light.
    Haahahahhaha

Thread Information