Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 51 wins and only 32yrs old

Chayaphol Moonsri/Wanheng Menayothin -105 minimum weight Champ. 51st win. Nice try Floyd

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/383177

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp...-51st-win.html
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 51 wins and only 32yrs old

The ref was horrible in this fight.

Mods please delete if I can't post this here.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know you’re not being serious, and I’ll admit to being uninformed about midget fighting, as most are, but have you heard of any of his opponents? Be honest. At a glance it looks like he’s never beaten a fighter who has in turn beaten a good fighter... fought guys with losing records or damn near it very recently....

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I know you’re not being serious, and I’ll admit to being uninformed about midget fighting, as most are, but have you heard of any of his opponents? Be honest. At a glance it looks like he’s never beaten a fighter who has in turn beaten a good fighter... fought guys with losing records or damn near it very recently....
    He hasn't beaten any P4P type guys or other reigning champs, but he has fought a handful of solid guys.
    Niyomtrong has a much better record in only 18 fights. These 2 need to get it on.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love the way these Thai guys have non-title fights like the fossils used to, just goes to show modern fighters could easily amass 100 fight winning records if it was still the climate.

One of the favourite arguments historian nerds have is - the champions today couldn't compete with those of yesteryear because they don't fight enough, yet all these Thai guys are simply emulating the format used in the 20s-to-60s America.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I love the way these Thai guys have non-title fights like the fossils used to, just goes to show modern fighters could easily amass 100 fight winning records if it was still the climate.

One of the favourite arguments historian nerds have is - the champions today couldn't compete with those of yesteryear because they don't fight enough, yet all these Thai guys are simply emulating the format used in the 20s-to-60s America.
    I wouldn't say easily, but 60 to 80 fights should be attainable for these modern guys.

Fighting non title fights and exhibitions is something I think we need more off. Instead of a guy being sidelined with 1 or 2 fights a year, they could be doing these on free to air tv. Would keep them sharp and in the public eye.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

I wouldn't say easily, but 60 to 80 fights should be attainable for these modern guys.

Fighting non title fights and exhibitions is something I think we need more off. Instead of a guy being sidelined with 1 or 2 fights a year, they could be doing these on free to air tv. Would keep them sharp and in the public eye.
    Yeah I didn't mean they'd reach 100 wins literally, but all the old greats with a million fights have plenty of filler, you could easily add two dozen non-title fights to Floyd's record and it would still be outstanding (please don't think I rate Floyd and modern fighters superior to the old titmers as I don't, greats would flourish in any era, IMO).

The champions today earn too much money per bout to ever want to fight more than a few times a year. The only reason it still happens in certain asain countries is because they're on peanuts.

Take Wang - how many P4P fighters have a day job? How many P4P fighters can afford to have non-title bouts? Yet he is getting criticised for fighting "bums" since the Estrada win. Most fans think everyone is on a million dollars a fight and actually enjoy getting smashed in the mouth for a living.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Julio Ceaser Chavez would fight the best and worst fighters in the world every few months as he was trying to get to that 100.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The guy Wangek fought previously (who Moonsri also stopped about 3 years ago) was nothing special.

Iran Diaz however (although not elite) has only lost twice to good fighters and holds wins over Tyson Marquez and Luis Conception in his last 4 fights. He has done more than some others to get a shot.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It shows up Floyd's "record" for what it really is for his fanboys, that it is a load of rubbish.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Condes was a former IBF champion
    Novoa was the reigning WBC champion (took the title from Zhong in China)
    Fukuhara was a former WBO champion (only a few months removed from losing the belt)
    Juarez was very highly regarded

So there's a few good wins there, but...only a few in 51

Petch Sor Citpattana has like 48 wins and is something like 25

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

I’ve always thought these fighters should fight much more even if against lesser competition. I wouldn’t have minded seeing Floyd fight an extra 15-20 times even against non top fighters. The more boxing the better. Also, there is always a chance of an upset.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Julio Ceaser Chavez would fight the best and worst fighters in the world every few months as he was trying to get to that 100.

A guy making his professional debut for his 41st fight.

A 1-15 bum for his 50th fight.

A dude with a 0-1 record for his 66th fight.

Uhhhh............. yeah.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't have a problem with a guy having filler every few fights early on. Just don't expect them to be tv showcases. I think it's good for a guy to leave the stage every once in awhile and for promoters to stop passing blow outs off as proof of the next sensation. Every record has padding and 5-10-15 losses doesn't make you instant roadkill. I think also some fighters..especially lower weights..get dismissed because fans don't know their name. Wang is a good example of that, he obviously proved multiple kos over "Pro Debut" is a matter of a man just doing his work once he took the hill with Chocolatito twice and Estrada.

In fairness Thailand specifically makes it harder with fighters alternating their names every year .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seeing the various names used for the Thai in the boxing media i'm surprised I haven't seen a P4P list like this

1. Loma
    2. Srisaket
    3. Crawford
    4. Sor Rungvisai
    5. Wangek

Thread Information