Boxing champion offers homeless man £100,000-a-year job in attempt to “change lives”

Former IBF super featherweight champion Tevin Farmer recently carried out a random act of kindness in which he offered a homeless man a full-time job

Former boxing world titleholder Tevin Farmer has outlined his aims to change one life a year, recently starting by offering a homeless man to work for him.

Farmer is a former IBF super featherweight champion who went unbeaten for eight years, but suffered defeat to Joseph Diaz Jr in his last fight.

The 31-year-old hasn't fought since last January but is preparing for a return to the ring next year.

And Farmer revealed his random act of kindness on Twitter in which he offered a homeless person $10,000 a month to work for him.

"Met a homeless guy today. He was so cold outside. Took him 2 the store. Bought him everything he needed. Paid for a hotel for 2 weeks," he wrote.

"Hired him to work 4 me, making 10K+ a month. My heart is so full. I couldn't see him in the cold with nothing. My goal is to change 1 life a year.

"There’s nothing like helping somebody and changing their life. Literally changing their life."

Farmer said he wouldn't reveal the situation the homeless person was in, but will provide updates later on when he is doing better.

"I am not posting this man bad situation. When he become better. I’ll post him speaking about it. Have a great night," he wrote.

In 2017, Farmer suffered a career-threatening injury when he was shot in the hand at a family member's birthday party after trying to disarm a person with a gun.

He miraculously returned to the ring just five months later when he missed out on the IBF title at 130lbs against Kenichi Ogawa, but the Japanese fighter failed a drug test and was later stripped of the win.

Farmer fought again the following August when he won the IBF belt against Billy Dib and would go on to defend his title five times before losing it to Diaz.

Farmer - who was previously managed by DiBella Entertainment - is now a free agent and is planning a move up to 135lbs in his boxing return.

"It’s been a long journey. This past year for me in boxing has been the most difficult. Even though I never showed it," he wrote on Instagram.

"It’s time to move forward and really get what I deserved. I am now officially a free agent. it’s the start to something special. I wanna thank everyone that made this possible."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxin...n-job-25751146