Thread: Froch vs. Groves: Predictions?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs. Groves: Predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Heart says Groves
    Head says Froch

It depends how they approach it, if it ends up being a slugfest Froch will stop him mid rounds.

But if Groves can stay on the back foot and land jabs and eye catching right leads, and just try and avoid Froch all fight, I think he could take a points decision.

One thing I'm sure of is that it won't be the 1 sided demolishing of Groves that everyone seems to think.

Groves is mandatory for a world title for a reason and credit to him for taking a risky fight that he didn't have to take so early in his career.
    Its a win/win for Groves. If he loses well it was a little to much to soon. Its refreshing to see such a young guy challenge himself like this. Groves is in rare company for doing so these days. On the surface this does look like a man fighting a boy scenario but I've never seen Froch as rattled as he has been for this set up. For the Groves team this is just a case of the torch being passed but to Carl its an insult after what he has been through to get here. Groves looks sloppy to me and carries both hands low a lot and has escaped getting caught big because of his movement and the opposition he has faced. I dont think he gets through this one on his feet but will put in a brave effort and it wont hurt his future at all.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@IamInuit makes a good point

i think i as many see groves in with a chance partly due to his movement

but can someone as inexperienced as groves really get through a fight with froch adopting a hands low defence? i dunno me
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Btw its a shame Joshua and Murray have both pulled out of the card. Lee has stepped in and I have not seen him in awhile.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    # and the new...never seen so much shit in my life, trust me groves is going to be put to sleep next weekend and it's going to be one sided ...like the Bute fight. People thought Froch was going to be outboxed by him and the complete opposite happened and the same will happen next weekend trust me. The difference between Up and comers and proven elite level fighters will be shown next weekend mark my words. Sorry to piss on your fire Groves fans but your all in for a harsh dose of reality next weekend and there's only one word to describe what the cobra is going to do next weekend and that word is brutality. Because that's what we are going to see next weekend, brutality in the ring and the cobra will move one step closer to getting ward back in the ring again!!! He's coming for you Ward and there's nothing u can do about it

I posted this Groves' Facebook not too long ago but that's my prediction.
    Groves on points. Make space in your sig @Tam Seddon

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    # and the new...never seen so much shit in my life, trust me groves is going to be put to sleep next weekend and it's going to be one sided ...like the Bute fight. People thought Froch was going to be outboxed by him and the complete opposite happened and the same will happen next weekend trust me. The difference between Up and comers and proven elite level fighters will be shown next weekend mark my words. Sorry to piss on your fire Groves fans but your all in for a harsh dose of reality next weekend and there's only one word to describe what the cobra is going to do next weekend and that word is brutality. Because that's what we are going to see next weekend, brutality in the ring and the cobra will move one step closer to getting ward back in the ring again!!! He's coming for you Ward and there's nothing u can do about it

Groves will get soundly beaten, make space in your sig. I have full faith in Froch as usual because Groves is nothing.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves will get soundly beaten, make space in your sig. I have full faith in Froch as usual because Groves is nothing.
    @Tam Seddon im starting to think you have too much emotion tied up in this fight which seems to be preventing you from making a completely sound judgement

to get a sound opinion of a fight you need to get a scale and put all the fans on it, lovers and haters of each fighter on opposite ends of the scale and different levels of that love and hate rducing to the center, here you would get the more impartial level headed people when concerned with the fight

you would choose a handful of those fans who are somewhere round the middle of the scale, and you would get what you could consider a fair and varied review on how the fight might go

i dont think you would be one of those people chosen to review

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

@Tam Seddon im starting to think you have too much emotion tied up in this fight which seems to be preventing you from making a completely sound judgement

to get a sound opinion of a fight you need to get a scale and put all the fans on it, lovers and haters of each fighter on opposite ends of the scale and different levels of that love and hate rducing to the center, here you would get the more impartial level headed people when concerned with the fight

you would choose a handful of those fans who are somewhere round the middle of the scale, and you would get what you could consider a fair and varied review on how the fight might go

Trust me I've seen enough of Groves to give a sound judgement, he has boxing ability against weaker opposition but even in these fights I've seen him be hurt. Look at the Andrerson fight when he went down, somebody like Froch would be relentless and would finish him if he had him hurt. Froch is leagues above Anderson and if Anderson had a bit more speed and stamina he would have done more damage on Groves. Let's not forget he took that fight in 2 weeks notice.

Who else has Groves beat? Degale and Johnson...let's look at the Degale fight, it was close and could have really gone either way depending on how you look at it. Personally I thought Degale was dogshit last weekend against somebody who is a nobody, showing that I don't really think Degale has it in him to be a 168 champion for a long time and Groves had a tough fight with him.

Johnson was far past it when he got in with Groves, how many losses had he had by that point 17? Let's not forget Bute beat him in every round and Johnson got soundly beat by Froch as well. So I don't give Groves any credit for beating a has been Johnson, no disrespect to Johnson but by the times Groves got him in the ring he was miles past his best.

Who else has groves beat? Nobody that I have really heard of, he's not experienced at this level which Froch is and has proven for years and years. Groves shouldn't have been such a whimp and gone down the Steiglitz route when he had a shot at the title but he pulled out of that one with a shitty injury. He should have gained more experience going down that route because he really is throwing himself in the deep end here.

Some people gave canelo hope vs floyd but the young gun with not enough experience got found out. This is what's going to happen here, but Froch will outbox and stop Groves.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trust me I've seen enough of Groves to give a sound judgement, he has boxing ability against weaker opposition but even in these fights I've seen him be hurt. Look at the Andrerson fight when he went down, somebody like Froch would be relentless and would finish him if he had him hurt. Froch is leagues above Anderson and if Anderson had a bit more speed and stamina he would have done more damage on Groves. Let's not forget he took that fight in 2 weeks notice.

Who else has Groves beat? Degale and Johnson...let's look at the Degale fight, it was close and could have really gone either way depending on how you look at it. Personally I thought Degale was dogshit last weekend against somebody who is a nobody, showing that I don't really think Degale has it in him to be a 168 champion for a long time and Groves had a tough fight with him.

Johnson was far past it when he got in with Groves, how many losses had he had by that point 17? Let's not forget Bute beat him in every round and Johnson got soundly beat by Froch as well. So I don't give Groves any credit for beating a has been Johnson, no disrespect to Johnson but by the times Groves got him in the ring he was miles past his best.

Who else has groves beat? Nobody that I have really heard of, he's not experienced at this level which Froch is and has proven for years and years. Groves shouldn't have been such a whimp and gone down the Steiglitz route when he had a shot at the title but he pulled out of that one with a shitty injury. He should have gained more experience going down that route because he really is throwing himself in the deep end here.

Some people gave canelo hope vs floyd but the young gun with not enough experience got found out. This is what's going to happen here, but Froch will outbox and stop Groves.
    see just to quote your view on the anderson fight in the first paragraph, i think someone who wasnt so emotionally involved would probably suggest groves had a scare against anderson but it was his first big fight, it was early in his career and he might have learned a lot

I think if the groves of now fought the andserson of then i think its fair to say it would be a very different story

just as you suggest if the froch of now fought the groves of then it would have probably ended in a KO

its a pity anderson has not continued his career btw, he looked like a very good prospect and probably would have gotten to world level

(your other paragraphs suggest even more emotion than your first too)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im a huge Froch fan and he's up there with the best of British for me, true warrior.
    I said before Groves will amaze me if he can stay away and not get clipped, stunned then battered by Froch.

If he can manage to do that then his style will get him a points win in a boring fight but I just see the needle between them effecting the fight at some stage and the fuse will be lit for a centre ring tear up.
    Once that happens Froch will go through him no problem and seriously fuck him up.
    You gotta be seriously good on your feet to keep Froch away for 12 rounds.
    But theres always that thing in the mind where Groves just might have that extra gear we haven't seen yet and shock us all.
    The reason this is such a great matchup.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

see just to quote your view on the anderson fight in the first paragraph, i think someone who wasnt so emotionally involved would probably suggest groves had a scare against anderson but it was his first big fight, it was early in his career and he might have learned a lot

I think if the groves of now fought the andserson of then i think its fair to say it would be a very different story

just as you suggest if the froch of now fought the groves of then it would have probably ended in a KO

its a pity anderson has not continued his career btw, he looked like a very good prospect and probably would have gotten to world level

It's not emotion I'm just telling you how it is really. When you think about what I've said. Froch was never hurt and put down early in his career by an Anderson level fighter. Taylor is the only guy to put him down, and I rate Taylor at that time a tougher fight with it being in America and him being a former 160 champion. Taylor had proven himself against genuine proven fighters...Groves hasn't and I stand by that going into this fight. The experience at the world level is the difference. Look at how many rounds Froch has boxed at this level and It just shows Groves isn't ready for this step up. And you can read what I've posted on Sunday morning and see that I was right in what I was saying.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not emotion I'm just telling you how it is really. When you think about what I've said. Froch was never hurt and put down early in his career by an Anderson level fighter. Taylor is the only guy to put him down, and I rate Taylor at that time a tougher fight with it being in America and him being a former 160 champion. Taylor had proven himself against genuine proven fighters...Groves hasn't and I stand by that going into this fight. The experience at the world level is the difference. Look at how many rounds Froch has boxed at this level and It just shows Groves isn't ready for this step up. And you can read what I've posted on Sunday morning and see that I was right in what I was saying.

Thing is ..... a good fighter in the making can and will step up at some point.

This could be Watson v Benn all over again. ;-)

Froch is obviously a massive favourite to win this but every dog has his day and maybe we haven't seen what Groves is fully capable of yet and if he's clever he definitely has the style to nick this on points.
    As far as Groves is concerned , if he can stay out of range and counter Froch well for 12 rounds he wins this.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HOWEVER. ....

Groves claims he will stand and fight ... not so sure thats a good idea at all ?

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/9034692

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No but dont forget Frochs opponents werent that good. His best opponents before he fought Pascal were Magee and Reid. Reid had retired after being stopped by Lacy and Magee was dropped all over the shop by Reid while Reid still had a bit of something in the tank.

I can deffinitly see Groves frustrating Froch and I can even see him hurting Froch. Im still not seeing a win either way, its a much more even fight when you look further in to it.

Did the Kessler fight make Carl look fresher than he is because Kessler now struggles with the weight?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as others have said, I don't think froch fought anyone of andersons level early in his career

but like you suggest froches chin is definitely more tried and tested

froch is a massive favourite, I don't think its going to be as one sided as you suggest, groves certainly isn't nothing

if I had a life and death bet I would put it on froch KO 10-12

I do think that groves has a very good chance tho, I wouldn't be that surprised if he pulled it off

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Anderson dropped Groves but he got up and done him in the 6th round.
    But Froch was put on his ass by Taylor and went on to smash him in the last seconds.
    Froch seriously needs to be aware of Groves chopping right handers early on.
    Frochs low left hand is asking for it ;-)
    It was an odd knockdown, but it doesn't bode well for Groves. He's improved since then, but Froch is a whole different bucket of worms.

It's a pretty exciting match up though nonetheless.

Groves is a right cheeky bastard on that Ringside Episode.

Thread Information