Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: The Matrix Andre Dirrell.. His latest bout plus his Olympic match with GGG

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Matrix Andre Dirrell.. His latest bout plus his Olympic match with GGG

This guy is too talented to be wasting his prime years like this. He reminds me of a watered down Roy Jones Jr..

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Matrix Andre Dirrell.. His latest bout plus his Olympic match with GGG

You need to have it mentally as well as physically and he hasn't got it mentally.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Matrix Andre Dirrell.. His latest bout plus his Olympic match with GGG

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    You need to have it mentally as well as physically and he hasn't got it mentally.
    Unfortunately, I believe @Kirkland Laing might be correct.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There it is from Kirkland Laing.

Joshua Clottey and James Buster Douglas were like that too.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think some of us need to be reminded of what this man is capable of. And let me just add that heart and desire two different things imo..

Dirrell made a huge leap up in class by fighting Carl Froch on his biggest stage and dude did well enough to win in many people's eyes so how does he not have heart?

Leading up the Abraham bout, very few gave him a chance. They said he was going to run, they said he wouldnt be able to handle the pressure of Abe but he actually surprised many people by doing the opposite.

Alot of people question his heart because he's refusing to stay active but I dont his inactivity is an indication of what his heart his made of. Maybe he's just lost interest for awhile or perhaps he's struggling to find what he wants but at least in the heat of battle in his biggest fights, he did show plenty of heart.

The Matrix Dirrell is just crazy with it

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I sure had high hopes for the guy. You don't get the chance to see that many naturally gifted southpaws over a lifetime. Maybe its genetics or something because they all seem to mentally fold. Judah, Harrison, Andre. To bad he never had his brothers heart and soul or Anthony his skills.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

I sure had high hopes for the guy. You don't get the chance to see that many naturally gifted southpaws over a lifetime. Maybe its genetics or something because they all seem to mentally fold. Judah, Harrison, Andre. To bad he never had his brothers heart and soul or Anthony his skills.
    Judah was the undisputed welterweight champion and won 2 junior welterweight belts also he fought 4 sure hall of famers, it's ridiculous to compare Zab to Dirrell.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post

Judah was the undisputed welterweight champion and won 2 junior welterweight belts also he fought 4 sure hall of famers, it's ridiculous to compare Zab to Dirrell.
    Take a pill. I was not comparing them per say. I simply said they are all mentally weak. Long on skill and short on cortex.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onetime View Post

Take a pill. I was not comparing them per say. I simply said they are all mentally weak. Long on skill and short on cortex.
    Kind of a myth if he had ducked Kosta history would be different.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dirrell very skillful wasted talent, he will not be the first or last talented fighter, to just not fight,!
    must be in his mindset.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought he was absolutely brilliant in the Abraham fight. Granted Abraham punches like the Energiser Bunny when he's fighting anybody bigger than him and Dirrell had the perfect opportunity to look good, but he looked like the real deal.

Then he got hit on the head when he was down, saw a way out and quit. He was having his finest hour and his mental side still couldn't hold up enough to complete the fight. Match that kind of talent with the makeup of somebody like Rios or Bradley and you'd have the next pound for pound number one.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought he was absolutely brilliant in the Abraham fight. Granted Abraham punches like the Energiser Bunny when he's fighting anybody bigger than him and Dirrell had the perfect opportunity to look good, but he looked like the real deal.

Then he got hit on the head when he was down, saw a way out and quit. He was having his finest hour and his mental side still couldn't hold up enough to complete the fight. Match that kind of talent with the makeup of somebody like Rios or Bradley and you'd have the next pound for pound number one.
    I would alo put Chad Dawson in the category of "uncanny talent but no mental" type of persons.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information