Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ortiz vs Khan anyone?

Both would be looking to rebound from big upset loses. It's a rematch of the amateurs. Good fight IMO what do you guys think? And who would you pick to win.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ortiz vs Khan anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Both would be looking to rebound from big upset loses. It's a rematch of the amateurs. Good fight IMO what do you guys think? And who would you pick to win.
    IMO as retarded as it sounds, Ortiz' power is the difference, he'll hurt Khan and stop him at the higher weight, plus Khan doesn't have the mindset to even make Ortiz quit, not saying much

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    IMO as retarded as it sounds, Ortiz' power is the difference, he'll hurt Khan and stop him at the higher weight, plus Khan doesn't have the mindset to even make Ortiz quit, not saying much
    after just seeing this Ortiz needs to land one decent shot..

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good match. But you'll need two refs to mutually wave it off in corner and count kd's

Ortiz by tko

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz is a massive welterweight. He'd destroy Khan. Both of these guys have a weakness, chin and mental strength, but they're both almost always in really entertaining fights.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    good match. But you'll need two refs to mutually wave it off in corner and count kd's

Ortiz by tko
    I'd disagree with the "t" bit of this.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've only just seen the last round and a half of highlights, which just makes anyone Khan has ever beaten look like garbage. Hard to believe he is still so vulnerable having reached this level. Ortiz by easy KO, he'd only need to touch him. If Victor did manage to get back to 140 again, I'd actually expect him to beat Garcia as well, there is a unified champ ripe for the picking now. I'm hoping JM Marquez can get that fight in Mexico if not Pacquiao, that'd be nice for him.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way will Golden Boy put him in there with Ortiz. They don't want him losing 3 fights in a row. They are going to stick him in there with feather fisters again, just like after he got knocked out by Prescott.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    No way will Golden Boy put him in there with Ortiz. They don't want him losing 3 fights in a row. They are going to stick him in there with feather fisters again, just like after he got knocked out by Prescott.
    I'd still like to see him in with JMM. I think that would be a very entertaining fight, at least until Marquez rung the school bell

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bcollins View Post
    I'd still like to see him in with JMM. I think that would be a very entertaining fight, at least until Marquez rung the school bell
    A while ago I thought it might be a tough style for Marquez as well, but I now can't see it at all. JMM could jsut throw caution to the wind and wade inside winging hooks on him, that's practically all Garcia had to do tonight. There's something about Khan that's just very lacking and it's not his chin, the way he throws combinations it's as if he is merely hoping one or two will land, he reaches so far and doesnt have his legs set or something. No way Marquez wouldn't find him soon enough.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    A while ago I thought it might be a tough style for Marquez as well, but I now can't see it at all. JMM could jsut throw caution to the wind and wade inside winging hooks on him, that's practically all Garcia had to do tonight. There's something about Khan that's just very lacking and it's not his chin, the way he throws combinations it's as if he is merely hoping one or two will land, he reaches so far and doesnt have his legs set or something. No way Marquez wouldn't find him soon enough.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in there with Marquez, but again, they don't want him losing 3 fights in a row.

Besides, not sure how willing Golden Boy will be in making a fight with Marquez. They weren't too happy with him when he left them in order to work with Top Rank to get that 3rd fight with Pac.

I actually could see them throwing him in there with Humberto Soto, who just doesn't have any power at 140, and also just had a knockout loss.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does that mean that Lucas Matthysse is out of the question?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Does that mean that Lucas Matthysse is out of the question?

Absolutely!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

I wouldn't mind seeing him in there with Marquez, but again, they don't want him losing 3 fights in a row.

Besides, not sure how willing Golden Boy will be in making a fight with Marquez. They weren't too happy with him when he left them in order to work with Top Rank to get that 3rd fight with Pac.

I actually could see them throwing him in there with Humberto Soto, who just doesn't have any power at 140, and also just had a knockout loss.
    I wouldn't be surprised at that matchup.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz would kill him..Ortiz can actually take a shot, he just can't do it for a sustained period of time without cracking mentally. Khan just simply can't take a shot and Ortiz would land often and hard on him.

Thread Information