Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

hers a link to C.J.Ross' box rec page where someone has made a list of her questionable judgements.

there's also a picture of her. avert your gaze if possible.

C.J. Ross - Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia

DRAWS seem to be her thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

wow, simply amazing
    If you think you can......you can, if you think you can't .......you're right!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Her bio speaks for itself. Why oh why is this incompetent woman allowed to continue judging boxing matches? Isn't there something else she can do for a living that does not involve the use of good judgement?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Her bio speaks for itself. Why oh why is this incompetent woman allowed to continue judging boxing matches? Isn't there something else she can do for a living that does not involve the use of good judgement?
    Her bio does not 'speaks for itself'. Certain results are picked out to strengthen one side of the argument. Ross had a bad night last night, as shown not for the first time. But there were times where Ross would of done her job well.
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid View Post
    Her bio does not 'speaks for itself'. Certain results are picked out to strengthen one side of the argument. Ross had a bad night last night, as shown not for the first time. But there were times where Ross would of done her job well.
    george foreman is wrong about jazz and you are wrong about cj ross @Britkid.
    she is clearly incompetent and a lot of the best jazz is extremely well liked.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

george foreman is wrong about jazz and you are wrong about cj ross @Britkid .
    Where does the clearness in the incompetence come from? She had a bad day at work this morning; she had another bad day with Pacquiao. I think also she has performed poorly in other fights. But I suspect most of the time she is very good at her job. Maybe she could do with some more 'training' in dealing with the big fights. That may involve her being 'rested' for a while. But it does seem very harsh to call someone incompetent with so little evidence. I know I would be out of a job, if your judgements and/or standards were used.

You are being too ruthless rocco!

As for George, you may have a point, he was certainly 'unique' in many of his traits, and that probably includes judging jazz.
    Last edited by Britkid; 09-15-2013 at 10:46 AM.

George Foreman

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where does the clearness in the incompetence come from? She had a bad day at work this morning; she had another bad day with Pacquiao. I think also she has performed poorly in other fights. But I suspect most of the time she is very good at her job. Maybe she could do with some more 'training' in dealing with the big fights. That may involve her being 'rested' for a while. But it does seem very harsh to call someone incompetent with so little evidence. I know I would be out of a job, if your judgements and/or standards were used.

As for George, you may have a point, he was certainly 'unique' in many of his traits, and that probably includes judging jazz.

Reread your statement above, Britkid. You're being (IMO) a bit too forgiving in this case. We're talking major mega-fights here, not your average run-of-the-mill fights. Efforts should be made to have the best judges available..... not someone who tends to have "bad days at the office." A PPV with the huge buildup and implications this fight had should not be left to chance by some mediocre judge.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Britkid's logic: That guy is a good pilot most of the time. So what if he's fallen asleep 10 or 12 times mid flight? That doesn't mean he's a bad pilot... Everyone has bad days. Don't be so hard on the guy!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Britkid's logic: That guy is a good pilot most of the time. So what if he's fallen asleep 10 or 12 times mid flight? That doesn't mean he's a bad pilot... Everyone has bad days. Don't be so hard on the guy!

Exactly. Logic that perpetuates one of the biggest problems boxing has.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sir, stop and think for a minute, she had the Canelo vs Floyd fight a draw. That's not a "bad day" or a "bad night" at work. The lady does not know how to judge a fight, she should not be judging fights big or small.
    She was listening to the crowd instead of watching the fight, it's that or she is corrupt. I do not believe in justifying a judge's poor performance, they should be held to the highest standard possible.
    She had a "bad day" is a terrible, terrible, terrible excuse!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scrutiny, this is what judges NEED. It's an opportunity with a mega fight like this to put a moon beam on crappy judging because we all know it happens every weekend not named Canelo and Mayweather and ya hardly hear a peep. I flip up the craptop this morning and the first thing I see on yahoo is judges in question. One thing that strikes me is...make these judges travel!!! Just as fighters. I don't think Ross has left the state of Nevada too often, its a comfort zone. See the same boxers over and over and it has to form a tilted familiarity when some guy comes to hometown for first time.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reread your statement above, Britkid. You're being (IMO) a bit too forgiving in this case. We're talking major mega-fights here, not your average run-of-the-mill fights. Efforts should be made to have the best judges available..... not someone who tends to have "bad days at the office." A PPV with the huge buildup and implications this fight had should not be left to chance by some mediocre judge.
    Absolute retarded logic from Britkid. Watch the fight. There is no way you can score that a draw. I am probably more forgiving of judges then most but ffs that was shocking. Clearly she doesnt understand what a scoring punch is and needs to be given the boot.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Potentially killing people and misjudging a fight...

George Foreman

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Absolute retarded logic from Britkid. Watch the fight. There is no way you can score that a draw. I am probably more forgiving of judges then most but ffs that was shocking.
    I think to be fair I am not saying she was right

Clearly she doesnt understand what a scoring punch is and needs to be given the boot.
    Again where does it show she 'clearly' does not understand what a scoring punch is? I am confident she does, and thus am prepared to believe she had a poor day at the office, because otherwise I can only come to one other conclusion.
    Last edited by Britkid; 09-15-2013 at 08:54 PM.

George Foreman

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Absolute retarded logic from Britkid. Watch the fight. There is no way you can score that a draw. I am probably more forgiving of judges then most but ffs that was shocking.
    I think to be fair I am not saying she was right

Clearly she doesnt understand what a scoring punch is and needs to be given the boot.
    Again where does it show she 'clearly' does understand what a scoring punch is? I am confident she does, and thus am prepared to believe she had a poor day at the office, because otherwise I can only come to one other conclusion.
    The fact she scored it a draw shows she does not know what a scoring punch is. Alvarez didnt land anything let alone enough to win 6 rounds.

Thread Information