Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Stocks and investments

I love talking stocks and funds and other investments. My first purchase was proctor and gamble when it really sunk back when I was 20 or so. It was a shot in the dark for me as I knew nothing about stocks at the time. I still have it, it has more than doubled and split since I got it.

They say amateurs like myself shouldn't do individual stocks. They suggest mutual funds as individual stocks expose yourself to much more risk. I have made much more than I lost. I suppose people lie about that but I'm being honest.

In one stock I lost one thousand dollars which is everthing I put into it. The frickin company just went into the air.

My mutual funds have also been doing great, the past couple years they have been doing eight to 12 percent except my biotech which at one point was making 60 percent. But you should see it now, frickin thing tanked

Anyway I'm not trying to brag but I'd love ❤️ to stocks with anyone

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Stocks and investments

Dudes, when I bought that proctor gamble the thought crossed my mind of buying Apple. I think it was when jobs was coming back. Had I picked Apple instead I could probably have hundreds of thousands. Damn u can't think about that

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've got no idea about that sort of shit, Wolf of Wall Street was good though

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

I've got no idea about that sort of shit, Wolf of Wall Street was good though
    Yeah it was good. That's alright I know a lot of people aren't interested in the market but u leave your money in the bank and u make ..0000000002percent. It's hard to build a nest egg with that. It is fucked up, no one can predict the market and at anytime my cash in the market could take a major hit. If you have so much in the market it keeps you up with worry u have too much in

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have Aviva and Axa shares which are middle of the road safe shares but the return is alot better than if they were in a bank.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I have Aviva and Axa shares which are middle of the road safe shares but the return is alot better than if they were in a bank.
    Yes master that's what I mean. Not familiar with those companies. I assume they are English. I will look them up. Do they pay a dividend? I have a few that do so every quarter you get a check. It's not a lot, I don't have enough shares but it's nice getting a check four times a year just cause you have the stock.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Yes master that's what I mean. Not familiar with those companies. I assume they are English. I will look them up. Do they pay a dividend? I have a few that do so every quarter you get a check. It's not a lot, I don't have enough shares but it's nice getting a check four times a year just cause you have the stock.
    No just the stock rises and it stays in there. No dividends.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master not asking u what you have in shares but may I inquire about your gain? Just how much was the stock when you bought it versus what is it now. I'll go first. I bought Apple 🍎 at 80 it is around 150 now. Wish I bought more shares but I didn't want to sell anything. Even though I don't have many shares it gives me a bit of a rush. People make a living just moving paper around. It fascinates me.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master not asking u what you have in shares but may I inquire about your gain? Just how much was the stock when you bought it versus what is it now. I'll go first. I bought Apple 🍎 at 80 it is around 150 now. Wish I bought more shares but I didn't want to sell anything. Even though I don't have many shares it gives me a bit of a rush. People make a living just moving paper around. It fascinates me.
    Mines are pennies moving up like £1.31 moved up to £1.38 in 5 years.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got given some shares by the company that I work for, I think they have gave us 3 sets of shares equal to £250

I sols the first lot when I moved into my flat, I got £400 for them, I can't sell the other lot yet, I think we have to hold onto them for 3 years and I get taxed on any that I sell before 5 years

or some shit like that anyways

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I got given some shares by the company that I work for, I think they have gave us 3 sets of shares equal to £250

I sols the first lot when I moved into my flat, I got £400 for them, I can't sell the other lot yet, I think we have to hold onto them for 3 years and I get taxed on any that I sell before 5 years

or some shit like that anyways
    Keep them if you observe them you will see they do better than if you had the money in the bank

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master u have balls. Penny stocks in the us are very risky and often end up in boiler rooms which run the price up with fake reports then in turn sell while everyone is buying and the only who profit are the boiler rooms. I'm not in the penny stocks I like the s and p and Nasdaq but if u know your way around penny stocks good for you. I recently got a call from a boiler room about a particular stock they were pumping and I found a few months later it took a ride up then busted and no longer exists. You are not a dumb guy master I'm sure you know what u are doing

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Master u have balls. Penny stocks in the us are very risky and often end up in boiler rooms which run the price up with fake reports then in turn sell while everyone is buying and the only who profit are the boiler rooms. I'm not in the penny stocks I like the s and p and Nasdaq but if u know your way around penny stocks good for you. I recently got a call from a boiler room about a particular stock they were pumping and I found a few months later it took a ride up then busted and no longer exists. You are not a dumb guy master I'm sure you know what u are doing
    These are not penny stocks. They were £1.01 in 2011 and now they are £1.43

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These are not penny stocks. They were £1.01 in 2011 and now they are £1.43
    Oh sorry forgot the pound thing. I was recently talking to someone who trades penny stocks and I was thinking along those lines thanks for clearing that up

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it is an interesting subject too, but don't pay as much attention as I should. I invest in a thing where they take 300 dollars from my bank every month and they invest it for me. I get it all back when I retire. I would like to invest in stocks directly, but I don't know how to do it and ideally I would like there to be another crash first. We are due a big crash and they hint that it is coming but it has been a few years now. I know it's devastating when it happens, but I don't look at it like that. I see it as an opportunity. I was also really high on BitCoin but didn't invest as much as I should have. It's sky high now and being used all over the place.

Thread Information