Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who SHOULD Floyd fight next from the list below ?

Thread: Roger Mayweather wants Floyd to fight Bradley, JMM and Pacman

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Roger Mayweather wants Floyd to fight Bradley, JMM and Pacman

Roger Mayweather wants Floyd to fight Timothy Bradley next – Boxing News | bettor.com

Who do you think Floyd SHOULD fight?
    Who do you think Floyd WILL fight ?
    Any of the above or none of the above ?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roger Mayweather wants Floyd to fight Bradley, JMM and Pacman

id still like him to fight pac

i think a fight with alverez has a bit more appeal nowadays tho

i think he will fight guerro (spelling!)
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see him fight Martinez at a catchweight between light-middle and middle. Floyd can get over 150 and Sergio below 160.

Not one other fight out there appeals to me (as I don't see them as competitive). Pac-Floyd don't mean shit any more (although I prefer that to the others).

Bradley and Guerrero both get slaughtered UD - there's not even a KO angle in these fights. And that leaves who? Marquez? Utter rubbish rematch. Canelo? Not bad but not happening.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'd like to see him fight Martinez at a catchweight between light-middle and middle. Floyd can get over 150 and Sergio below 160.

Not one other fight out there appeals to me (as I don't see them as competitive). Pac-Floyd don't mean shit any more (although I prefer that to the others).

Bradley and Guerrero both get slaughtered UD - there's not even a KO angle in these fights. And that leaves who? Marquez? Utter rubbish rematch. Canelo? Not bad but not happening.
    My exact sentiments. I chose none of thee above. Have his warm up with Guerrero and then get on with it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather vs Canelo would be interesting.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Floyd has to fight a big name or Mexican/Rican fighter as he is not big enough to carry a fight on his own so do not think he could fight Bradley. He has beaten JMM comprehensively and the Manny fight will not happen yet.

Floyd will fight Guererro and Saul this year in that order.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Mayweather thinks three fights ahead. Not because he's overlooking anyone but with the gaps he has that could be two, three years. The 4th is too soon for a Canelo, promotion etc I think. He'll fight Guerrero to gauge and do well. Bradley does nothing for him and honestly JMM should enjoy his own limelight and swan song and not lend a name to Mayweather. He got done with and to Manny what Floyd couldn't find time or negotiation to do and if Mayweather took a Pac fight it's all a bit of a afterthought. Floyd should go Canelo and or Martinez.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Fenster. I think a fight with Mr Sexy at 154 would be the best of all options. A Marquez rematch is pointless, Bradley will stink out the place, and Guerrero isn't part of the big league IMO. His fight with Berto was beyond sloppy. Canelo only fights ancient fighters and so Floyd will need to age a few more years before that ever happens.

Big Sexy it is then and because it is a great fight it is never going to happen with someone like Floyd Mayweather.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are right Floyd will never fight Sergio but can you blame him he will be giving too much weight away and he is a powerful southpaw which is all wrong for Floyd.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think Floyd has to fight a big name or Mexican/Rican fighter as he is not big enough to carry a fight on his own so do not think he could fight Bradley. He has beaten JMM comprehensively and the Manny fight will not happen yet.

Floyd will fight Guererro and Saul this year in that order.
    I disagree pal. I think Mayweather proved he can sell a PPV as a bad guy when he faced Victor Ortiz who does not have a huge following.

I do agree he will fight Robert and Canelo consecutively.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marinez says he'll come down to 154 to fight Floyd but Martinez is busy until next year. This year Floyd actually looks like he'll fight Guerrero and Canelo. Bradley is the only other serious option for the first fight but he's just about to sign to fight somebody else. And Schaefer says he's doing the Guerrero/Canelo contracts all at the same time as Canelo wants it in writing that he gwets the Mayweather fight before he agrees to be on the same bill/PPV.

So if Floyd announces a fight against Guerrero/somebody else but not against Canelo then you know the Canelo fight isn't happening, at least right now. I think they'll both get announced soon though. After the Superbowl is over probably.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Marinez says he'll come down to 154 to fight Floyd but Martinez is busy until next year. This year Floyd actually looks like he'll fight Guerrero and Canelo. Bradley is the only other serious option for the first fight but he's just about to sign to fight somebody else. And Schaefer says he's doing the Guerrero/Canelo contracts all at the same time as Canelo wants it in writing that he gwets the Mayweather fight before he agrees to be on the same bill/PPV.

So if Floyd announces a fight against Guerrero/somebody else but not against Canelo then you know the Canelo fight isn't happening, at least right now. I think they'll both get announced soon though. After the Superbowl is over probably.
    Martinez is the best option. The Ring Magazine conducted a poll of fights the public most wanted to see in 2013, other than Marquez-Pacquiao V, Floyd-Martinez was the most desired fight. Martinez isn't obligated to Junior this year, especially if Floyd was the option. He isn't promoted by Top Rank or Zanfer. He isn't a big enough name to require too much money. Floyd has fought twice at 154 and presumably would do it again with Canelo. He's fought at a catchweight before (Marquez) so he shouldn't be opposed to doing it at a catchweight against Martinez, say at 157.

Trout had an easier time with Cotto than Floyd. Cotto was Floyd's last opponent. Trout is the consensus number 1 in the junior middleweight division. He's the next best option to face Floyd.

Canelo needs more seasoning before he faces Floyd. However, if push came to shove, Canelo would be the third best option for Floyd.

Golovkin came in at 158 for Rosado. He's also a good fight for Floyd at a catchweight.

You catch my drift. Unfortunately for Floyd, there is no welterweight or junior welterweight that presents a compelling matchup for Floyd right now. Of course, I'll still buy fights that aren't compelling with Floyd in them. Floyd's the best and I love his display of the sweet science.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martinez is the best option for us fans but not for Floyd and his bank balance -risk/reward.

Thread Information