Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the worst era in HW boxing history?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    When Lewis had his ass handed to him by Vitali, THAT was the start of the end for HW boxing... Lewis cleaned it up, but there were no more fights to be made.

Wlad and Vitali just beat up on guys Lewis would mop the effing floor with. If Wlad, Vitali, took 5 rounds, Lewis would do it in 2.

These guys ain't real. The realest dude out here is Arreola... followed by Pulev... and then Wilder and Tony Thompson right after.... and that's not saying it's all grande, either.
    Lewis didn't get his ass handed to him by Vitali.

He fought a terrible sloppy fight n won.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is this the worst era in HW boxing history?

Mr140 I have to disagree with the whole thread really.

What exactly is your criteria for saying this is a shit HW era?

Because for a books worth of reasons this era is definitely better than virtually all others in any aspects like talent of the fighters involved or their h2h capabilities against them.

The 70's was a really weak era, no doubt. At the time of Frazier vs Ali, the crowd BOOED Ali for a stinker of a fight! Now it's regarded as the FOTC! Ha!

The 80's was considered a very weak era early on with Holmes, Witherspoon, Smith shining bright but nothing really special, Later that decade was boosted by Mike Tyson who saved it somewhat.

Sure, the 90's was probably the best era but your perception of Vitali v s Lewis is way different than mine. Vitali did retire Lewis, and he went on to carry the flag for some further dominant and prominent beatdowns of dangerous 00's fighters.

I feel the 00 era was of comparable calibre to the 90's, the only difference imo is that a lot of the fighters involved and the dominant forces in it were NOT American or even British.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Further if you want to call Manny Stewards version of Wladimir Klitschko boring and label that as a reason why HW boxing has become shit, I can buy that.

But trying to do the same for Vitali I don't understand, his fights are every bit as exciting as Lewis's and equally bloody.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

other than the klits, everybody else is a C class fighter at best.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The current heavyweight division is a joke!

If you believe otherwise you're probably a stupid fucking moron from Australia who thinks he knows about boxing but not enough to involve himself in the current prediction contest.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 03-21-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its is absolutely the worst HW era that i have lived through because the main champion is allowed to fowl to the excessive levels that he does in every fight

The HW championship is so driven by money at the moment that it is all that counts and the importance of the fighting as entertainment comes a long long way behind, to the extreme that it doesnt matter

wlad makes lots of people very rich everytime he fights, as long as he wins these people dont care how he does it
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

look at the HW champs last big fights, haye and ibragimov or whatever. simply pathetic!!!
    sorry, but wlad sucks ass!!! chris arreola? garbage!! so yes, this era is terrible.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i respect vitali, but those long telephone pole arms are what got him out of the way of shots. that is no talent of his own, that is just long arms, longer than anybody can penetrate thru. that is not a real all time great. you can go find a 7 foot 7 inch basketballer who can flail his arms and backpeddle and never get hit, and the other guy will die trying to hit him, then he can cautiously slowly pick him apart after the guy is ehxhausted,

that is ALL the klits are. ITS ALL ABOUT THEIR SIZE. PERIOD. AND THAT IS NOT TALENT. THAT IS JUST SIZE.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    i respect vitali, but those long telephone pole arms are what got him out of the way of shots. that is no talent of his own, that is just long arms, longer than anybody can penetrate thru. that is not a real all time great. you can go find a 7 foot 7 inch basketballer who can flail his arms and backpeddle and never get hit, and the other guy will die trying to hit him, then he can cautiously slowly pick him apart after the guy is ehxhausted,

that is ALL the klits are. ITS ALL ABOUT THEIR SIZE. PERIOD. AND THAT IS NOT TALENT. THAT IS JUST SIZE.
    i also respect vitali

with wlad its about the money he generates, he wouldnt still be champ if that wasnt the case
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Truthfully, I don't care, I'm not going to waste time dwelling on the past and bemoaning the present. I'm having trouble and fun keeping up with what's happening in boxing now.
    The focus is on the smaller weights, where all the action is and where it should be.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The challengers are truly awful, out of shape and could not give a toss if they win because it will be their turn again soon.

Vitali has retired but Wlad will remain and keep the titles together. It would be far worse without the Klit brothers keeping it all together.

The Klit brothers are the best but they are not great.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well max you say the 70's and 80's are so weak but Foreman and Holmes both did quite well on the come back in there 40's in the best era. Sanders was not shit in the 90's got knocked the fuck out by Rahaman look what happen with him and Wald. Vitali did ok but still lost to a fucking 38 year old Lewis a fat one at that just saying this era not the worst but think to somehow it is great is total different thing. The borthers are top 20 somewhere right now Wald keeps winning maybe higher i really don't know if he will hit the top 10.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    The current heavyweight division is a joke!

If you believe otherwise you're probably a stupid fucking moron from Australia who thinks he knows about boxing but not enough to involve himself in the current prediction contest.
    Inbox me what to do, when and how often and I'm in then you smug bastard! Everytime you best me THEN I'll listen to your cheap shots mate!!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    its is absolutely the worst HW era that i have lived through because the main champion is allowed to fowl to the excessive levels that he does in every fight

The HW championship is so driven by money at the moment that it is all that counts and the importance of the fighting as entertainment comes a long long way behind, to the extreme that it doesnt matter

wlad makes lots of people very rich everytime he fights, as long as he wins these people dont care how he does it
    An opinion that I somewhat share in part and a completely valid argument!!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    When Lewis had his ass handed to him by Vitali, THAT was the start of the end for HW boxing... Lewis cleaned it up, but there were no more fights to be made.

Wlad and Vitali just beat up on guys Lewis would mop the effing floor with. If Wlad, Vitali, took 5 rounds, Lewis would do it in 2.

These guys ain't real. The realest dude out here is Arreola... followed by Pulev... and then Wilder and Tony Thompson right after.... and that's not saying it's all grande, either.
    Lewis didn't get his ass handed to him by Vitali.

He fought a terrible sloppy fight n won.
    Lewis didn't have a fight plan... and that's why he got his ass handed to him. He won, but took the worst end of it- a Pyrrhic victory!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information