Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haye is back

Why aren’t we all raving about this ?

He looked awesome at the weekend and now wants Fury. And although he hasn’t said it I believe it’s all about boxing and legacy for him and if he got the fight he’d likely give all his purse to charity.

Dave is back
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye is back

Haye made some valid points before he fought this exhibition. He said this was not a real fight, just a one off, this type of event pays boxers on the undercard very good money and brings new fans to the boxing game.

I think Haye said he was also getting more money for this bout than what he received against Bellew.

Now that I hear he wants to face Fury because he went the distance against a non-professional boxer makes me think that he is a sly and shameless con artist.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye said he wanted to fight Fury after beating his lamest opponent to date in an incredible and staged targeting.

Haye eased past billionaire friend Joe Fournier, who looked like he could fight his way out of a paper bag.

Then, to everyone’s amazement, Haye mentioned Fury on the microphone, simply due to the fact the pair were supposed to meet eight years ago.

Sad.

“Hitman” Hatton moved to give Haye a healthy dose of reality for his circus-like antics.

“I wouldn’t have thought Tyson Fury would be taking David Haye’s call out very seriously,” pointed out Hatton in his Metro column.

“David Haye is a friend of mine, I think the world of him, but it was clear to see in his last fights with Tony Bellew that his best days are clearly behind him.

“Tyson Fury in his last fight was at the top of the game! We can’t allow that to happen.

“We need to save boxers from this, and more importantly, they need to be saved by the people around them.

“The boxer’s health is always the priority. And if we allow Tyson Fury to fight David Haye and Evander Holyfield to fight Mike Tyson, we are putting boxers at real risk.

“So I don’t care whether it is their choice. We need to save boxers for the sake of their health.”

On Haye being in tremendous shape, which is always a given with the two-weight ruler, Hatton added: “These fighters feel great in the gym, but they don’t look great in the ring.

“David Haye looks in superb condition, he is a pure athlete, and there is no doubt he probably does feel good, but he fought Tony Bellew a good few years ago now, and it was clear he was past his best.

“I don’t think anything has improved since he’s been out. Tyson Fury just destroyed Deontay Wilder with the best performance of his career!

“David, you need to behave yourself.”

Haye pulled out of two fights against Fury back in the day, but Hatton believes those days are well and truly gone now.

“David Haye and Tyson Fury had their history, and back when it should happen, it had some substance. It made sense. It doesn’t now.

“And I say that with love for David. Let’s concentrate on Tyson Fury and his proper fights while saving our heroes from nights like last Saturday in Florida.

“Evander Holyfield says he wants to fight Mike Tyson next, David Haye wants to fight Tyson Fury… I think the world of David Haye, but sorry, no. They need saving from themselves,” he concluded.

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2021...ye-tyson-fury/

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The lure of the circus atmosphere (and the money involved) is proving to be too much for many ex-fighters. Especially the heavyweights.

They should all listen to Ricky Hatton.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let’s be honest.

If David Haye fought Fury next, he would actually be one of the best opponents Fury has ever faced.

Apart from Wilder and Wlad, who else is there?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Let’s be honest.

If David Haye fought Fury next, he would actually be one of the best opponents Fury has ever faced.

Apart from Wilder and Wlad, who else is there?
    Not this old, broken-down and slow version of David Haye. Give Fury some credit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This same, old broken down version of Haye would beat all Fury’s opponents excluding Wlad and potentially Wilder!

Master, tell the whole of saddo boxing these glowing opponents on Fury resume!

Don’t worry, I’ll wait!

(Don’t forget the 2 year drug ban)

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This same, old broken down version of Haye would beat all Fury’s opponents excluding Wlad and potentially Wilder!

Don’t worry, I’ll wait!

Haye could not beat a fat Bellew twice a few years ago and you think this David we have now could compete with Fury?

What is wrong with you?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Don’t worry, I’ll wait!

Haye could not beat a fat Bellew twice a few years ago and you think this David we have now could compete with Fury?

What is wrong with you?
    You’re missing the point.

I said his opponents.

Apart from Wilder/Wlad, who has he fought better than Haye

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Don’t worry, I’ll wait!

What is wrong with you?
    You’re missing the point.

I said his opponents.

Apart from Wilder/Wlad, who has he fought better than Haye
    You are missing the point.

Every opponent that Fury has beaten beats this old, broken down version of David Haye. He could not beat his mate, a billionaire white collar boxer.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No he's not

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I use to be a big Haye fan. Dude it's over.

Thread Information